Introduce yourself!

Nice! Way to jump in with both feet! Welcome to the forum
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Sadly, the Zach Myers had been spoken for before my order was placed! Just my luck.

Back to the drawing board. What I’m really looking for is a single cut SE that can take the place of a Les Paul. The reviews on the ZM are hard to ignore. But I can’t help but wonder if the Santana SC or the SE Single Cut standard would be a better fit?

I’d welcome feedback from the group if anyone has played, owned or with experience on the 3.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Sadly, the Zach Myers had been spoken for before my order was placed! Just my luck.

Back to the drawing board. What I’m really looking for is a single cut SE that can take the place of a Les Paul. The reviews on the ZM are hard to ignore. But I can’t help but wonder if the Santana SC or the SE Single Cut standard would be a better fit?

I’d welcome feedback from the group if anyone has played, owned or with experience on the 3.
The Santana would be good, as would an SE245.

Hello all!

I’m new here- my PRS journey could be consisted in two parts.

pt 1 - the young age of around 16, I played a lot of superstrats and fenders- admiring the high end stuff from afar. At a friends house (who’s father is a luthier) I played a Clients standard 24 that had some good play wear. Well...I couldn’t put it down. The playability..it just stuck with me. Wow!

Pt 2- fast forward over 10 years and I decided to pick up the guitar again after a hiatus. Hadn’t played much due to life getting in the way and really enjoyed playing again. Decided that I’d upgrade my gear and pined after a nice PRS.

A few months down the line, I sold an amp to a friend..went to drop it off and he had some lovely PRS guitars sat there. His pride and joy ME1 and a cu22 10 top with rosewood neck. Things happened and I came away with the cu22. Well- I was bitten by the bug haha!

A year later, I’ve owned:
Cu22 rosewood neck 10 top
Singlecut trem
Cu22 artist pack
Tremonti 10 top
And lastly, my friends ME1 that I finally got my hands on!!
...the latter two I’ve kept and can’t let go of.

So, thanks for reading and I’m looking forward to posting instead of just lurking haha!

Hello all!

I’m new here- my PRS journey could be consisted in two parts.

pt 1 - the young age of around 16, I played a lot of superstrats and fenders- admiring the high end stuff from afar. At a friends house (who’s father is a luthier) I played a Clients standard 24 that had some good play wear. Well...I couldn’t put it down. The playability..it just stuck with me. Wow!

Pt 2- fast forward over 10 years and I decided to pick up the guitar again after a hiatus. Hadn’t played much due to life getting in the way and really enjoyed playing again. Decided that I’d upgrade my gear and pined after a nice PRS.

A few months down the line, I sold an amp to a friend..went to drop it off and he had some lovely PRS guitars sat there. His pride and joy ME1 and a cu22 10 top with rosewood neck. Things happened and I came away with the cu22. Well- I was bitten by the bug haha!

A year later, I’ve owned:
Cu22 rosewood neck 10 top
Singlecut trem
Cu22 artist pack
Tremonti 10 top
And lastly, my friends ME1 that I finally got my hands on!!
...the latter two I’ve kept and can’t let go of.

So, thanks for reading and I’m looking forward to posting instead of just lurking haha!

Welcome to the forum

Hi all, new to this great place, thanks, im an Aussie, living in Melbourne Australia, have owned a number of PRS over the years, a couple of 408s,
a Studio, a Cu22, 512, and always found a reason to sell them, and regret it later, but that's over, I purchased a new Silver Sky, and I'm blown away, amazing, then heard good things about the McCarty 594s so have just taken delivery of one in faded whale blue 10 top. Man what a beast, no more selling, im in love, and for the first time in my life I feel worthy to play something so beautiful

Hi all, new to this great place, thanks, im an Aussie, living in Melbourne Australia, have owned a number of PRS over the years, a couple of 408s,
a Studio, a Cu22, 512, and always found a reason to sell them, and regret it later, but that's over, I purchased a new Silver Sky, and I'm blown away, amazing, then heard good things about the McCarty 594s so have just taken delivery of one in faded whale blue 10 top. Man what a beast, no more selling, im in love, and for the first time in my life I feel worthy to play something so beautiful
Welcome Brian. Join in and enjoy. Their a great crowd here.

Hi all. I just found this forum yesterday while doing research for my first PRS purchase (a Whale Blue S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut). I've been playing for about a year, but am still a super newbie. I live in North Carolina, in the United States.I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.

The Santana would be good, as would an SE245.

I love the SE245, The Santana SC Trem and the ZM as well,however, I ran across a great deal on new SE Hollowbody II with the HSC, made sure it hadn’t already sold and I’m looking forward to its arrival! The single cut will have to wait a while, but it’s next.

I love the SE245, The Santana SC Trem and the ZM as well,however, I ran across a great deal on new SE Hollowbody II with the HSC, made sure it hadn’t already sold and I’m looking forward to its arrival! The single cut will have to wait a while, but it’s next.
Aw yeah!

Hi folks

I’ve owned my 96 prs ce black cherry quilted top for almost the entire life of the guitar. Plays like a dream. Mostly blues, jazz and rock. Wonderful guitar. Replaced the saddles with graph tech. No other mods.

Take care
Joe

I don't own a PRS yet, but have been literally in love with them ever since I first saw and heard one. As a carpenter, engineer, craftsman, and at someone who at least has an ear, they just speak to me like nothing else.

Anyway I joined today because I came across the SE HB Piezo. I almost bought one but it sold out from under my nose. But I want the right one so I'll be patient. There's a chance it might not happen, but I'm finally getting to the place in life where I might just be able to justify a 'real' PRS in the not too distant future. Even if I just call it 'art.'

Well I guess it's official, I just ordered the blue SE HB Piezo :)

Well I guess it's official, I just ordered the blue SE HB Piezo :)

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! My two piezo PRS' are the main guitars I use with my band, they are so versatile! Be sure to check out different ways of separating the mag/piezo signals - if you want a good acoustic tone, you'll need to route the piezo to a full range amp system like a P.A. or acoustic amp.
Make sure you post pictures when she arrives.

Thanks! I’m playing through a pre into a cab sim then a PA, so that should work. No reverb on the piezo though?

I will post pics, for sure. I also just got 57/08 pups - initially for a kit guitar I’m building but it seems a bit blasphemous to not put them in the PRS!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! My two piezo PRS' are the main guitars I use with my band, they are so versatile! Be sure to check out different ways of separating the mag/piezo signals - if you want a good acoustic tone, you'll need to route the piezo to a full range amp system like a P.A. or acoustic amp.
Make sure you post pictures when she arrives.

Hi all, I purchased my first guitar, an as-new condition 2017 PRS SE Bernie Marsden in Vintage Sunburst, about a year ago, but I did not start to learn to play as I had intended to.

I then watched a lot of YouTube videos about modifying PRS guitars and listening to the sound of different pickups and decided to modify my guitar. I considered that I would enjoy doing this in of itself whilst also learning about basic guitar setup. Also, thinking I would hopefully be motivated enough to start to learn to play with the modded guitar!

I have just finished and tested the guitar adding all the parts that appealed to me and setting it up according to the standard PRS setup as a starting point.

Modifications:

· 57/08 Bass & Treble Pickups (these were the best sounding pickups to me, followed by the 53/10s) [Treble pickup springs shortened to enable correct pickup height range]
· Core Series Pickup Rings
· Core Series Stoptail Bridge & Studs
· V Coil Kit to convert original SE metric studwell threads to the core series 5/16 UNF threads
· PRS Wide-Fat Nut (perfect Fit)
· GOTOH SD90 Locking Tuners with Height Adjustable Posts (to retain the correct 21mm post hole height)
· Alpha Push-Pull Pot Tone Pot for Coil-Splitting
· Switchcraft Short 3-Way Switch
· Lampshade Knobs
· D'Addario EXL110-3D XL Strings (10s)
· PRS US Line Signature Gig Bag (preferred this to the original maroon coloured gig bag)
· Schaller S-Lock Strap Locks

Setup:

String Height
Bass side 1st fret = 1.5/64 = 0.6mm
Treble side 1st fret = 1/64 = 0.4mm
Bass side 12th fret = 5/64 = 2.0mm
Treble side 12th fret = 1/16 = 1.6mm

Truss Rod Adjustment
0.01” at the 8th fret = 0.254mm

Pickup Height
Bass side = 3/32 =2.4mm
Treble side = 5/64 =2.0mm

Intonation
Set at the 12th fret

When I started watching the YouTube videos the sound that inspired me was the 2020 Les Paul Standard 50s (with burstbuckers 1 & 2), but 2K was outside my budget, and therefore that was what I had in mind when modding this guitar. It turns out that overall I have spent about three quarters of the cost of the Les Paul (albeit over a couple of years), but hopefully this will be an even better guitar (when I actually learn to play!)!

Before...

After...

Hi all, I purchased my first guitar, an as-new condition 2017 PRS SE Bernie Marsden in Vintage Sunburst, about a year ago, but I did not start to learn to play as I had intended to.

I then watched a lot of YouTube videos about modifying PRS guitars and listening to the sound of different pickups and decided to modify my guitar. I considered that I would enjoy doing this in of itself whilst also learning about basic guitar setup. Also, thinking I would hopefully be motivated enough to start to learn to play with the modded guitar!

I have just finished and tested the guitar adding all the parts that appealed to me and setting it up according to the standard PRS setup as a starting point.

Modifications:

· 57/08 Bass & Treble Pickups (these were the best sounding pickups to me, followed by the 53/10s) [Treble pickup springs shortened to enable correct pickup height range]
· Core Series Pickup Rings
· Core Series Stoptail Bridge & Studs
· V Coil Kit to convert original SE metric studwell threads to the core series 5/16 UNF threads
· PRS Wide-Fat Nut (perfect Fit)
· GOTOH SD90 Locking Tuners with Height Adjustable Posts (to retain the correct 21mm post hole height)
· Alpha Push-Pull Pot Tone Pot for Coil-Splitting
· Switchcraft Short 3-Way Switch
· Lampshade Knobs
· D'Addario EXL110-3D XL Strings (10s)
· PRS US Line Signature Gig Bag (preferred this to the original maroon coloured gig bag)
· Schaller S-Lock Strap Locks

Setup:

String Height
Bass side 1st fret = 1.5/64 = 0.6mm
Treble side 1st fret = 1/64 = 0.4mm
Bass side 12th fret = 5/64 = 2.0mm
Treble side 12th fret = 1/16 = 1.6mm

Truss Rod Adjustment
0.01” at the 8th fret = 0.254mm

Pickup Height
Bass side = 3/32 =2.4mm
Treble side = 5/64 =2.0mm

Intonation
Set at the 12th fret

When I started watching the YouTube videos the sound that inspired me was the 2020 Les Paul Standard 50s (with burstbuckers 1 & 2), but 2K was outside my budget, and therefore that was what I had in mind when modding this guitar. It turns out that overall I have spent about three quarters of the cost of the Les Paul (albeit over a couple of years), but hopefully this will be an even better guitar (when I actually learn to play!)!

Before...

After...

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Bernie. Fabulous model. Nice upgrades, too.

Back