Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new guitar.

If it’s advice you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.

Even if you aren’t, it’s a cool place to hang out.

Bought my first PRS in 2008, ordered new. It took almost four months to arrive. My dealer said hang on it would be worth the wait. Truest statement ever made. A friend gave me a set of 59/09's and I had it wired with a three-way push/pull. That was my number one guitar until the 594's were introduced. I watched Reverb until an incredible deal came along in 2017. It's a 2016 and I absolutely love it, so it became my number one. Oh, in 2012 I bought a 2 Channel H combo, the one in my avatar. I only play at church any more so I just traded it for the dodgem blue Silver Sky. I sold a strat a few years back and have missed the single coil sound. The SS is an amazing guitar. Whether it becomes a number one is too early to tell. But I do love it already.

I've played mandolin in a bluegrass band (Hickory Hill) for years in Texas playing festivals all over the south. I first started playing acoustic in church about 25 years ago and transitioned to electric about 15 years ago. I laugh, I used to travel everywhere with simply a mandolin. Now it's electric, acoustic and mandolin and pedalboards to church. This year has been an exception with online church but things are starting to open up and I really look forward to playing regularly again. I've played in classic rock /country /blues bands along the way but nothing satisfies like the Sunday morning set.

Anyway, here's my PRS family. I've lurked around here for years but just now getting around to this. The forum has always been a great source of information.

Hope everyone is well and safe.
Ron

Iey0djy.jpg

Bought my first PRS in 2008, ordered new. It took almost four months to arrive. My dealer said hang on it would be worth the wait. Truest statement ever made. A friend gave me a set of 59/09's and I had it wired with a three-way push/pull. That was my number one guitar until the 594's were introduced. I watched Reverb until an incredible deal came along in 2017. It's a 2016 and I absolutely love it, so it became my number one. Oh, in 2012 I bought a 2 Channel H combo, the one in my avatar. I only play at church any more so I just traded it for the dodgem blue Silver Sky. I sold a strat a few years back and have missed the single coil sound. The SS is an amazing guitar. Whether it becomes a number one is too early to tell. But I do love it already.

I've played mandolin in a bluegrass band (Hickory Hill) for years in Texas playing festivals all over the south. I first started playing acoustic in church about 25 years ago and transitioned to electric about 15 years ago. I laugh, I used to travel everywhere with simply a mandolin. Now it's electric, acoustic and mandolin and pedalboards to church. This year has been an exception with online church but things are starting to open up and I really look forward to playing regularly again. I've played in classic rock /country /blues bands along the way but nothing satisfies like the Sunday morning set.

Anyway, here's my PRS family. I've lurked around here for years but just now getting around to this. The forum has always been a great source of information.

Hope everyone is well and safe.
Ron

Iey0djy.jpg
That's a great threesome!

New round these parts. Just purchased Custom 24 poplar burl.

it is on the way to the PTC team. Great experience from my sales rep to the stores PRS Rep as well as PRS.

The guitar is gorgeous but has a faulty 3 way switch, non functioning bridge pick up and tone pot issue.

everyone in the chain of my purchase has worked immediately to make things right and get the new guitar repaired.

I emailed PRS to alert them and they have been so responsive. In this day and age it is so pleasing working with a company that stands behind its products and works WITH its customers to make things right.

I’ve been playing acoustic guitar for 24 years but have finally purchased my first electric. Can’t wait to get my new guitar back.

So here’s the first post. I took my first lesson in the mid-sixties, played in my first bar before I was old enough to drive, but I never played for a living. I had a good career and have examples of the usual suspects from Gibson, Fender, and some others.

Four years ago, I bought my first PRS; a 1999 McCarty Brazilian Rosewood (#19 of 250). Since then I’ve added a 2016 McCarty 594 10 top, a 2019 McCarty 594 SC semi-hollow Artist Package, and a 2020 DGT 10 top; all slightly used.

I won’t get into the (insert other guitar here) vs. PRS stuff, but I’m really starting to appreciate the combination of playability, weight and craftsmanship of these four guitars, let alone flexibility. I’m enjoying the 58/15 LTs, and I’d love to put a set of DGTs in my McCarty. I’ll probably have to go with 57/08s, or possibly Wolfetone Dr. Vs, rather than chasing down a set of pulled ones. When I get enough posts, I’ll try to get pics up. Back to lurking...

New round these parts. Just purchased Custom 24 poplar burl.

it is on the way to the PTC team. Great experience from my sales rep to the stores PRS Rep as well as PRS.

The guitar is gorgeous but has a faulty 3 way switch, non functioning bridge pick up and tone pot issue.

everyone in the chain of my purchase has worked immediately to make things right and get the new guitar repaired.

I emailed PRS to alert them and they have been so responsive. In this day and age it is so pleasing working with a company that stands behind its products and works WITH its customers to make things right.

I’ve been playing acoustic guitar for 24 years but have finally purchased my first electric. Can’t wait to get my new guitar back.
Congrats on your first. You're right PRS Customer Service is awesome. Welcome to the forum!

So here’s the first post. I took my first lesson in the mid-sixties, played in my first bar before I was old enough to drive, but I never played for a living. I had a good career and have examples of the usual suspects from Gibson, Fender, and some others.

Four years ago, I bought my first PRS; a 1999 McCarty Brazilian Rosewood (#19 of 250). Since then I’ve added a 2016 McCarty 594 10 top, a 2019 McCarty 594 SC semi-hollow Artist Package, and a 2020 DGT 10 top; all slightly used.

I won’t get into the (insert other guitar here) vs. PRS stuff, but I’m really starting to appreciate the combination of playability, weight and craftsmanship of these four guitars, let alone flexibility. I’m enjoying the 58/15 LTs, and I’d love to put a set of DGTs in my McCarty. I’ll probably have to go with 57/08s, or possibly Wolfetone Dr. Vs, rather than chasing down a set of pulled ones. When I get enough posts, I’ll try to get pics up. Back to lurking...
That's 4 great guitars you have. What's next???? :D

Welcome to the forum.

Hello from colorful Colorado!

New to the forum but not PRS. I've got an S2 Mira, Gary Grainger bass, and a Custom 24 Wood Library. Just trying to get my post count up so I can show them off.

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.
What's up

I don't own a PRS yet, but have been literally in love with them ever since I first saw and heard one. As a carpenter, engineer, craftsman, and at someone who at least has an ear, they just speak to me like nothing else.

Anyway I joined today because I came across the SE HB Piezo. I almost bought one but it sold out from under my nose. But I want the right one so I'll be patient. There's a chance it might not happen, but I'm finally getting to the place in life where I might just be able to justify a 'real' PRS in the not too distant future. Even if I just call it 'art.'

Hello
High Risk Covid group retired former school teacher here. Bought me a brand new toy, Green CE-24 semi with a finish that my eye would accept as a top 10. Loving it so far. Play a Taylor 717, G&L Broadcaster and a American Standard Tele. Enjoy reading posts so far.

New member from Canada, new to the PRS world as well. My entry into PRS is my Santana SE Double Cut

played guitar on and off since my teens in the 70’s. Primarily Tele’s, Strat’s and Les Paul’s.
I took a flyer on the Santana and figured if I didn’t like it, I could sell it fairly easily.
After a lot of frustration over the years with expensive Gibson and Fender models, I built a Tele and Strat during the lockdown this year and found out that you don’t need to spend 3,000 to get good tone and a fun to play guitar.As long as you use quality components and take your time.
The Santana is everything I hoped it would be and more. So much so, that I ordered a Zach Myers SE that should be here next week.

New member from Canada, new to the PRS world as well. My entry into PRS is my Santana SE Double Cut

played guitar on and off since my teens in the 70’s. Primarily Tele’s, Strat’s and Les Paul’s.
I took a flyer on the Santana and figured if I didn’t like it, I could sell it fairly easily.
After a lot of frustration over the years with expensive Gibson and Fender models, I built a Tele and Strat during the lockdown this year and found out that you don’t need to spend 3,000 to get good tone and a fun to play guitar.As long as you use quality components and take your time.
The Santana is everything I hoped it would be and more. So much so, that I ordered a Zach Myers SE that should be here next week.
Nice! Way to jump in with both feet! Welcome to the forum

Back