Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Around here, the advice would be, “buy ‘em all!”

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  2. Geardog

Geardog New Member

Welcome aboard Prof.

3. shannon

shannon New Member

Hey everyone new guy here from Alabama. Just got my first prs a few weeks ago. A CE22 from 97. So far I have a love hate relationship with it. Hoping I can find the answers to my problems here.

4. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new guitar.

If it’s advice you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.

Even if you aren’t, it’s a cool place to hang out.

bodia likes this.
  5. Ron

Ron New Member

Bought my first PRS in 2008, ordered new. It took almost four months to arrive. My dealer said hang on it would be worth the wait. Truest statement ever made. A friend gave me a set of 59/09's and I had it wired with a three-way push/pull. That was my number one guitar until the 594's were introduced. I watched Reverb until an incredible deal came along in 2017. It's a 2016 and I absolutely love it, so it became my number one. Oh, in 2012 I bought a 2 Channel H combo, the one in my avatar. I only play at church any more so I just traded it for the dodgem blue Silver Sky. I sold a strat a few years back and have missed the single coil sound. The SS is an amazing guitar. Whether it becomes a number one is too early to tell. But I do love it already.

I've played mandolin in a bluegrass band (Hickory Hill) for years in Texas playing festivals all over the south. I first started playing acoustic in church about 25 years ago and transitioned to electric about 15 years ago. I laugh, I used to travel everywhere with simply a mandolin. Now it's electric, acoustic and mandolin and pedalboards to church. This year has been an exception with online church but things are starting to open up and I really look forward to playing regularly again. I've played in classic rock /country /blues bands along the way but nothing satisfies like the Sunday morning set.

Anyway, here's my PRS family. I've lurked around here for years but just now getting around to this. The forum has always been a great source of information.

Hope everyone is well and safe.
    Ron

[​IMG]

6. bodia

That's a great threesome!

7. DCClark

DCClark New Member

New round these parts. Just purchased Custom 24 poplar burl.

it is on the way to the PTC team. Great experience from my sales rep to the stores PRS Rep as well as PRS.

The guitar is gorgeous but has a faulty 3 way switch, non functioning bridge pick up and tone pot issue.

everyone in the chain of my purchase has worked immediately to make things right and get the new guitar repaired.

I emailed PRS to alert them and they have been so responsive. In this day and age it is so pleasing working with a company that stands behind its products and works WITH its customers to make things right.

I’ve been playing acoustic guitar for 24 years but have finally purchased my first electric. Can’t wait to get my new guitar back.

8. Glenn Gross

Glenn Gross New Member

So here’s the first post. I took my first lesson in the mid-sixties, played in my first bar before I was old enough to drive, but I never played for a living. I had a good career and have examples of the usual suspects from Gibson, Fender, and some others.

Four years ago, I bought my first PRS; a 1999 McCarty Brazilian Rosewood (#19 of 250). Since then I’ve added a 2016 McCarty 594 10 top, a 2019 McCarty 594 SC semi-hollow Artist Package, and a 2020 DGT 10 top; all slightly used.

I won’t get into the (insert other guitar here) vs. PRS stuff, but I’m really starting to appreciate the combination of playability, weight and craftsmanship of these four guitars, let alone flexibility. I’m enjoying the 58/15 LTs, and I’d love to put a set of DGTs in my McCarty. I’ll probably have to go with 57/08s, or possibly Wolfetone Dr. Vs, rather than chasing down a set of pulled ones. When I get enough posts, I’ll try to get pics up. Back to lurking...

9. bodia

Congrats on your first. You're right PRS Customer Service is awesome. Welcome to the forum!

10. bodia

That's 4 great guitars you have. What's next???? :D

Welcome to the forum.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  11. Glenn Gross

Glenn Gross New Member

Well.... A friend isn’t bonding with his Special 22.

Alnus Rubra, veinbuster and bodia like this.
  12. DCClark

DCClark New Member

Hey thanks

can’t wait to get it back

bodia likes this.
  13. bodia

Nice! I don't see how you can't bond with a Special 22. Fantastic guitar. Love mine.

14. Glenn Gross

Glenn Gross New Member

He may want to sell something, and it’s the one he plays the least. Not a 10 top, but probably a 9 1/2.

15. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Specials are special.
    Just do it.

bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  16. silence.speaks

silence.speaks New Member

Hello from colorful Colorado!

New to the forum but not PRS. I've got an S2 Mira, Gary Grainger bass, and a Custom 24 Wood Library. Just trying to get my post count up so I can show them off.

JonH likes this.
  17. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Sounds like a good mix.
    Welcome to the forum.

18. Koubee

Koubee New Member

What's up

19. Nice F Holes

Nice F Holes New Member

I don't own a PRS yet, but have been literally in love with them ever since I first saw and heard one. As a carpenter, engineer, craftsman, and at someone who at least has an ear, they just speak to me like nothing else.

Anyway I joined today because I came across the SE HB Piezo. I almost bought one but it sold out from under my nose. But I want the right one so I'll be patient. There's a chance it might not happen, but I'm finally getting to the place in life where I might just be able to justify a 'real' PRS in the not too distant future. Even if I just call it 'art.'

20. 57techFool

57techFool New Member

Hello
    High Risk Covid group retired former school teacher here. Bought me a brand new toy, Green CE-24 semi with a finish that my eye would accept as a top 10. Loving it so far. Play a Taylor 717, G&L Broadcaster and a American Standard Tele. Enjoy reading posts so far.

JonH, Alnus Rubra and veinbuster like this.