Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Congratulations on your new guitar and welcome to the forum.

2. BramptonRob1958

BramptonRob1958 New Member

New member from Canada, new to the PRS world as well. My entry into PRS is my Santana SE Double Cut

played guitar on and off since my teens in the 70’s. Primarily Tele’s, Strat’s and Les Paul’s.
    I took a flyer on the Santana and figured if I didn’t like it, I could sell it fairly easily.
    After a lot of frustration over the years with expensive Gibson and Fender models, I built a Tele and Strat during the lockdown this year and found out that you don’t need to spend 3,000 to get good tone and a fun to play guitar.As long as you use quality components and take your time.
    The Santana is everything I hoped it would be and more. So much so, that I ordered a Zach Myers SE that should be here next week.

3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice! Way to jump in with both feet! Welcome to the forum

4. BramptonRob1958

Thank you for the warm welcome!
    Sadly, the Zach Myers had been spoken for before my order was placed! Just my luck.

Back to the drawing board. What I’m really looking for is a single cut SE that can take the place of a Les Paul. The reviews on the ZM are hard to ignore. But I can’t help but wonder if the Santana SC or the SE Single Cut standard would be a better fit?

I’d welcome feedback from the group if anyone has played, owned or with experience on the 3.

5. bodia

The Santana would be good, as would an SE245.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  6. Alnus Rubra

Second that!

bodia likes this.
  7. NorthernNick

NorthernNick New Member

Hello all!

I’m new here- my PRS journey could be consisted in two parts.

pt 1 - the young age of around 16, I played a lot of superstrats and fenders- admiring the high end stuff from afar. At a friends house (who’s father is a luthier) I played a Clients standard 24 that had some good play wear. Well...I couldn’t put it down. The playability..it just stuck with me. Wow!

Pt 2- fast forward over 10 years and I decided to pick up the guitar again after a hiatus. Hadn’t played much due to life getting in the way and really enjoyed playing again. Decided that I’d upgrade my gear and pined after a nice PRS.

A few months down the line, I sold an amp to a friend..went to drop it off and he had some lovely PRS guitars sat there. His pride and joy ME1 and a cu22 10 top with rosewood neck. Things happened and I came away with the cu22. Well- I was bitten by the bug haha!

A year later, I’ve owned:
    Cu22 rosewood neck 10 top
    Singlecut trem
    Cu22 artist pack
    Tremonti 10 top
    And lastly, my friends ME1 that I finally got my hands on!!
    ...the latter two I’ve kept and can’t let go of.

So, thanks for reading and I’m looking forward to posting instead of just lurking haha!

8. Alnus Rubra

Welcome to the forum

NorthernNick likes this.
  9. Brian Blackburn

Brian Blackburn New Member

Hi all, new to this great place, thanks, im an Aussie, living in Melbourne Australia, have owned a number of PRS over the years, a couple of 408s,
    a Studio, a Cu22, 512, and always found a reason to sell them, and regret it later, but that's over, I purchased a new Silver Sky, and I'm blown away, amazing, then heard good things about the McCarty 594s so have just taken delivery of one in faded whale blue 10 top. Man what a beast, no more selling, im in love, and for the first time in my life I feel worthy to play something so beautiful

JonH likes this.
  10. Alan Manning

Alan Manning Well Love a Duck Mary Poppins.!!!

Welcome Brian. Join in and enjoy. Their a great crowd here.

11. frogger42

frogger42 New Member

Hi all. I just found this forum yesterday while doing research for my first PRS purchase (a Whale Blue S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut). I've been playing for about a year, but am still a super newbie. I live in North Carolina, in the United States.I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.

Tahlee likes this.
  12. BramptonRob1958

I love the SE245, The Santana SC Trem and the ZM as well,however, I ran across a great deal on new SE Hollowbody II with the HSC, made sure it hadn’t already sold and I’m looking forward to its arrival! The single cut will have to wait a while, but it’s next.

bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  13. bodia

Aw yeah!

14. Mike Oxhuge

Mike Oxhuge New Member

New poster here, had an SE Singlecut years ago, and just pre-ordered an S2 McCarty 594 singlecut! Excited for it!

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  15. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Welcome back to PRS

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  16. Mike Oxhuge

Mike Oxhuge New Member

Thanks! I sold the SE to help fund my divorce, so I'm making up for it and then some!

17. joet

joet New Member

Hi folks

I’ve owned my 96 prs ce black cherry quilted top for almost the entire life of the guitar. Plays like a dream. Mostly blues, jazz and rock. Wonderful guitar. Replaced the saddles with graph tech. No other mods.

Take care
    Joe

18. Nice F Holes

Nice F Holes New Member

Well I guess it's official, I just ordered the blue SE HB Piezo :)

bodia, veinbuster and Alnus Rubra like this.
  19. goat-n-gitter

goat-n-gitter Dismembered

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! My two piezo PRS' are the main guitars I use with my band, they are so versatile! Be sure to check out different ways of separating the mag/piezo signals - if you want a good acoustic tone, you'll need to route the piezo to a full range amp system like a P.A. or acoustic amp.
    Make sure you post pictures when she arrives.

veinbuster and Nice F Holes like this.
  20. Nice F Holes

Nice F Holes New Member

Thanks! I’m playing through a pre into a cab sim then a PA, so that should work. No reverb on the piezo though?

I will post pics, for sure. I also just got 57/08 pups - initially for a kit guitar I’m building but it seems a bit blasphemous to not put them in the PRS!