Introduce yourself!

Hi all, my real name is Chuck and I just joined the forum today.

I recently purchased a used S2 Standard 22 in McCarty sunburst. I had looked at some of the SE models over the years but was never really thrilled with them. When I found this S2 on Reverb at a reasonable price, I decided to "pull the trigger''. The pandemic has me spending more time on Reverb that I really should. I'm sure most of you here can imagine the G.A.S. that can cause.

I have some questions about the guitar but will post them in the appropriate forum. I need to get my post count up because I want to post some pics.

This is my 2nd PRS. My first was a Swamp Ash Special when they were first released, so I'm not a complete stranger to PRS guitars. Also,have been a member on the Gear Page Forum where PRS guitars are rather popular.

Introduce Yourself!

Well, well, all right then. Easy does it.

Well hello there! I really need permission to post links so this is my third forum post, hopefully that will be OK.
I have to link to pictures of my brand new PRS SE Custom 35 Year Anniversary Edition that arrived in a shockingly bad condition last week.

So after trying to get in contact with someone at PRS Guitars through their Instagram and Twitter accounts, where I explained the whole thing, and I have high resolution images available (8K+) that details the sad state the
neck was in on this guitar I have not gotten ANYTHING in response. No "sorry for this or that" or any explanations as to how a guitar produced in 2020 has corrosion on the strings, rust had developed on many of the fret wires and the neck was so dry that the rosewood fingerboard had started to get cracks.
All this is very visible when I can follow up with a proper post including image-links.

Because I've restored a couple of guitars before, I thought that this was borderline broken beyond repair, but I realized after removing the rusty old strings that the wood on top, the actual layer of rosewood fretboard was damaged only to a degree that was possible to fix myself, and this was a Friday so I wanted the guitar in shape like yesterday!

LINK TO THE POST IN THE CORRECT SUB-FORUM

For those who likes happy endings, I must say that after spending several hours working on the neck, changed to a proper set of 10's and adjusting the tremolo and doing a basic setup, this is a superb guitar.
I love the ability to split the two Hum-buckers into true single coils using the switches, and it just is a blast to play this thing.

BUT, I must say that my first impression of PRS as a company and my respect for Paul has gotten damaged quite hard, probably to the point of no return.
If I buy a product for $1100, and don't even receive a reply on the only channels they say that I can reach them on, they don't have the decency to apologize or say or do anything at all. That's just TOO BAD, plain and simple!

I used my whole weekend grooming this baby, and on Sunday after the neck had gotten re-humidified and had a few shots of citrus oil drawn into it, it was perfect.

I think it's kinda sad in a way, because I've always imagined Paul as a hard-working, outstanding and customer-oriented guy that wouldn't let his name be tarnished by printing it on something like this ugly piece of wood they called a neck.

It probably sounds exaggerated, but to me it isn't and I guess to many others it won't either when I get to post those dang pictures!

Last edited:
Hey my name is Ted, I've been a huge prs fan for a while but sadly no instruments until recently.

I used to drool over the blue matteo quilts for sale in the early 2000s. Send me some pics if you got em!

Hello everyone. New to the forum.

I have a PRS SE 245. Last year I was looking into learning to play and was lucky enough to find a used SE 245 that looks brand new for a killer price. Life got in the way and I stopped practicing. I started back up 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to stick with it this time.

Hello everyone. New to the forum.

I have a PRS SE 245. Last year I was looking into learning to play and was lucky enough to find a used SE 245 that looks brand new for a killer price. Life got in the way and I stopped practicing. I started back up 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to stick with it this time.
Welcome to the forum.

Practice ebbs and flows with most of us.

G'day

Thanks for allowing me into the PRS asylum.

I bought my first electric guitar aged 16, a black 1967 Telecaster Custom in 1982.

I bought my second electric guitar, a 2017 PRS SE Zack Myers last week.

My oh my how things have changed over the last 50 years of guitar development.

G'day

I bought my first electric guitar aged 16, a black 1967 Telecaster Custom in 1982.

Nice! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first PRS! The obvious question, around here, is: What's next?

G'day

Welcome!

Nice! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first PRS! The obvious question, around here, is: What's next?

Thanks for the welcome.

What's next you ask?

Well I'm truly convinced of PRS quality now and so will invest in a Maryland made product as funds accumulate.

I really need/want to get an idea of the 'feel' of the neck options - pattern vs pattern thin vs pattern vintage vs pattern reg etc.

I have the specs but need the 'hands on' to assess the different neck profiles. Many many years of playing my thin necked '67 Tele makes most necks feel awkwardly chunky.

When COVID restriction here in Oz are lifted I think I will be heading to my local quality guitar supplier to compare the PRS offerings.

Any advice or options on PRS neck profiles most welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.

What's next you ask?

Well I'm truly convinced of PRS quality now and so will invest in a Maryland made product as funds accumulate.

I really need/want to get an idea of the 'feel' of the neck options - pattern vs pattern thin vs pattern vintage vs pattern reg etc.

I have the specs but need the 'hands on' to assess the different neck profiles. Many many years of playing my thin necked '67 Tele makes most necks feel awkwardly chunky.

When COVID restriction here in Oz are lifted I think I will be heading to my local quality guitar supplier to compare the PRS offerings.

Any advice or options on PRS neck profiles most welcome.
Around here, the advice would be, “buy ‘em all!”

Hey everyone new guy here from Alabama. Just got my first prs a few weeks ago. A CE22 from 97. So far I have a love hate relationship with it. Hoping I can find the answers to my problems here.

Back