Introduce yourself!

Hey guys! Long time lurker , just starting to contribute ...

I had a PRS way back when (Mira maple top), been around the block up and down the budget but now im back with an S2 594 ... I swear ive never picked up a guitar that felt like that '56 junior I played in a vintage guitar shop ... and that includes custom shop 56 reissues! The 594 with the pattern vintage and shorter scale really does a great job.

Howdy folks. I bought my PRS CE24 new back in 1994 (been a while, so I could be wrong) and have always enjoyed the great tone and feel the guitar has. Nothing too spectacular as far as frills on the guitar, wide thin neck, HFS/Vintage Bass pickups, 5-way pickup selector knob, no birds. I did not realize there even was a PRS forum, until I was researching the internet for a couple technical issues I need to deal with. Glad I found this place.

Howdy folks. I bought my PRS CE24 new back in 1994 (been a while, so I could be wrong) and have always enjoyed the great tone and feel the guitar has. Nothing too spectacular as far as frills on the guitar, wide thin neck, HFS/Vintage Bass pickups, 5-way pickup selector knob, no birds. I did not realize there even was a PRS forum, until I was researching the internet for a couple technical issues I need to deal with. Glad I found this place.
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum - even if you didn't bring any birds! :) Regards, Scott

Hi, new to the forum and to PRS! Got my first PRS guitar about 2 weeks ago, an S2 Custom 24 35th Anniversary model.

Very impressed with overall quality and looks, paint, frets and fretboard, pots and switches, sound of the pups, how smoothly the trem bar operates.

A little surprised, and of course most of it is personal preference and unfamiliarity: neck (pattern regular) is pretty hefty (I normally use and like thin necks), tremolo has not much swing up and down (I'm used to FRs), 10s are hard (yes, I'm a wimp and used to 9s), bridge pups on the low strings (crunch rhythm) is a bit more flubby than from my other guitars (e.g. SD JB on the Eclipse), might have to adjust the amp settings.

But I can for sure see now why people like PRS.

Welcome to the forum Henry2.
Hi, new to the forum and to PRS! Got my first PRS guitar about 2 weeks ago, an S2 Custom 24 35th Anniversary model.

Very impressed with overall quality and looks, paint, frets and fretboard, pots and switches, sound of the pups, how smoothly the trem bar operates.

A little surprised, and of course most of it is personal preference and unfamiliarity: neck (pattern regular) is pretty hefty (I normally use and like thin necks), tremolo has not much swing up and down (I'm used to FRs), 10s are hard (yes, I'm a wimp and used to 9s), bridge pups on the low strings (crunch rhythm) is a bit more flubby than from my other guitars (e.g. SD JB on the Eclipse), might have to adjust the amp settings.

But I can for sure see now why people like PRS.

Hi Henry!!

If you are like me, the PRS quality will grow on you quickly. They are all I own now. Welcome! Enjoy your great guitar -- and the forum, great, helpful people here!

Regards, Scott

Hey folks. Long time lurker. I've enjoyed reading these forums; seems like a good community. I'm on my sixth PRS since a few years back after not having acquired anything for a few years and sold off some stuff I wasn't playing or enjoying playing. Missed out on some cool models that I have slowly been grabbing up used (a Studio, a couple of Starlas, a DC3), and have seen some great stuff come out of the factory over the last few years (24-08 and the Special Semi-Hollow). Greetings from Paul's home state.

Hey folks. Long time lurker. I've enjoyed reading these forums; seems like a good community. I'm on my sixth PRS since a few years back after not having acquired anything for a few years and sold off some stuff I wasn't playing or enjoying playing. Missed out on some cool models that I have slowly been grabbing up used (a Studio, a couple of Starlas, a DC3), and have seen some great stuff come out of the factory over the last few years (24-08 and the Special Semi-Hollow). Greetings from Paul's home state.

Congratulations and welcome.

Welcome, I just traded a mint 2020 24-08 for a SC-J. It will give me three PRS guitars. I love 'em all.

Enjoy! Scott

I attempted to register to ask a really specific question about a guitar that was for sale locally. By the time my "application" was processed 8 days later, the guitar had sold. So I'm currently a PRS-less member who pretty much hangs out on the song title thread.:D

Hi and welcome here!

Sorry to hear about missing out on a good used PRS guitar. I have traded two guitars, including a brand new one, for two used PRS models. I love the ones I got. So, hang in there. I hope you find another good one!

Regards, Scott

Hi guys! New to this forum and to PRS guitars. My main hunk o'wood has been a 1984 Fender Esprit for the last 15 years. Just now bought an old Mccarty and can't wait to get it home. One thing though... Saw an ad for one of the first 100 Mccartys and the serial number on mine is 600 lower than that one. Normal?

Hi guys! New to this forum and to PRS guitars. My main hunk o'wood has been a 1984 Fender Esprit for the last 15 years. Just now bought an old Mccarty and can't wait to get it home. One thing though... Saw an ad for one of the first 100 Mccartys and the serial number on mine is 600 lower than that one. Normal?
Serial numbers go across all core models so your McCarty could easily have a serial much lower than the 100th McCarty.

Back