Introduce yourself!

Another New Hampshirite here. I may be the oldest one on the block - I just turned 75, and still pickin and grinning. I started playing in rock bands very young back in New Jersey - played the whole Jersey shore scene in the '60's. My dad was a jazz guitarist/teacher, so he taught me the basic's, but hated rock and roll. My wife and I bought a small farm up here in New Hampshire in 1980 and never looked back. Hooked up with a local band and played house parties, weddings, etc, up until a few years ago. One of my electric guitars is a PRS SE EG - very nice little 'strat meets prs' guitar. I just got a 2015 Angelus A20e - very nice guitar! I'm always looking for the perfect acoustic, this Angelus is a keeper!

Another New Hampshirite here. I may be the oldest one on the block - I just turned 75, and still pickin and grinning. I started playing in rock bands very young back in New Jersey - played the whole Jersey shore scene in the '60's. My dad was a jazz guitarist/teacher, so he taught me the basic's, but hated rock and roll. My wife and I bought a small farm up here in New Hampshire in 1980 and never looked back. Hooked up with a local band and played house parties, weddings, etc, up until a few years ago. One of my electric guitars is a PRS SE EG - very nice little 'strat meets prs' guitar. I just got a 2015 Angelus A20e - very nice guitar! I'm always looking for the perfect acoustic, this Angelus is a keeper!
Welcome to the forum!

Hello everyone.
My name is Mark and I'm from Florida. I've was on the PRS forums years ago, stopped playing for a while and now I'm getting back into it.
I've been reading a lot of threads from the past few years and it's sad what I've missed.
Anyways, I'm catching up on my PRS knowledge again.
Placed an order through Sweetwater on 6/30/2020 for a 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 McCarty Sunburst, can't wait for it to arrive (sarcasm) (lol, I read it could be up to a year :) I might find something else in the meantime.
I also own a 2001 CE24 Black/Cherry that I absolutely love and a Mesa Boogie F-50 amp. I'm actually in the process of deciding on buying another amp. Kinda of leaning towards a Mesa Boogie Mark Five 35w 1x12 combo custom. I may check out what PRS has though.
Anyways, I just spent about 3 hours browsing this message board and watched all of the 15th anniversary employee build video :D, that was awesome btw. Kinda makes me want to quit land surveying and move to Maryland to work for PRS.

New member with a recent new order just placed for a 35th Anniversary Custom 24 - Yellow Tiger 10 top.
To say that I'm excited would be an understatement.

I must learn to be patient, I must learn to be patient, damn I just want the guitar..... I can already hear it in my mind.
Well I didn't have to be patient for too long. Ordered on June 15th, and delivered July 6th.
I didn't see that coming, but I'm sure glad it did. I'm still in awe when I open the case.

Well I didn't have to be patient for too long. Ordered on June 15th, and delivered July 6th.
I didn't see that coming, but I'm sure glad it did. I'm still in awe when I open the case.
That’s awesome news, enjoy!

Hey everybody. I just picked up a 35th Anniversary Custom 24. Its my 1st PRS. I've been playing for 30 years and have a couple Gibsons and a couple of Fenders and a great Martin HD-28. I've always wanted to take the plunge on a PRS and the 35th Anniversary convinced me to pull the trigger.

So far so good. I'm loving the sound and feel. If quarantine has been good for anything its that i've been playing all my guitars a lot more. I'm looking forward to being part of the PRS community.

Scott Mohn, Traphill, NC - 80 years old - new to the forum this week. New to PRS in 2020. I gave all my Gibson and other guitars to my children, grandchildren, and two to great-grandchildren as part, maybe all, of their inheritance.

I tried a PRS 22 Special in January, liked it, and bought a new PRS 24-08 in April. I love it but miss the hollow-body sounds. So I have a new SE Hollowbody II Piezo coming next week. I am now convinced PRS is making the best production guitars in the world. I did have the SE Piezo upgraded with locking PRS tuners before shipment.

I have arthritis and curling fingers. I only have two fully functioning fingers - total! I can only, barely make some three fret stretches - not four or five! But I can still play a PRS. They are easier to play than any guitar I have ever had. So I don't expect to be playing any other brand in the time I have left.

If I like the SE Piezo, I may try to trade the 2020 24-08 for an older, used Hollowbody II Piezo. Finances have recently become a bigger concern because some of the kids are struggling now. So I do not see any more new guitars in my future. So the new SE Piezo is likely to be my last new guitar. With all the raves I have been reading about it, I do not expect to be disappointed.

My only concern is that, with the virus and my age, I may not be able to find any more singing jobs. I can't play well anymore -- but I can still sing! :)

I am glad to be on this forum. I urge you all to try to enjoy every day, virus, or no virus because life really is short! :) Scott

Scott Mohn, Traphill, NC - 80 years old - new to the forum this week. New to PRS in 2020. I gave all my Gibson and other guitars to my children, grandchildren, and two to great-grandchildren as part, maybe all, of their inheritance.

I tried a PRS 22 Special in January, liked it, and bought a new PRS 24-08 in April. I love it but miss the hollow-body sounds. So I have a new SE Hollowbody II Piezo coming next week. I am now convinced PRS is making the best production guitars in the world. I did have the SE Piezo upgraded with locking PRS tuners before shipment.

I have arthritis and curling fingers. I only have two fully functioning fingers - total! I can only, barely make some three fret stretches - not four or five! But I can still play a PRS. They are easier to play than any guitar I have ever had. So I don't expect to be playing any other brand in the time I have left.

If I like the SE Piezo, I may try to trade the 2020 24-08 for an older, used Hollowbody II Piezo. Finances have recently become a bigger concern because some of the kids are struggling now. So I do not see any more new guitars in my future. So the new SE Piezo is likely to be my last new guitar. With all the raves I have been reading about it, I do not expect to be disappointed.

My only concern is that, with the virus and my age, I may not be able to find any more singing jobs. I can't play well anymore -- but I can still sing! :)

I am glad to be on this forum. I urge you all to try to enjoy every day, virus, or no virus because life really is short! :) Scott
Welcome to the forum, Scott. Congrats on your first two PRSes.

Hello Maryland!

My wife and I retired from working at the Pentagon in December 2002 and came down here to NC to retire. She has relatives here. We lived in Columbia from '84 until '02. Our son now owns the house we owned in Columbia. I used to sing in places in Maryland, like in the Inner Harbor for four seasons. So we have a lot of good memories and connections to the State.

I just got a message from a man in England who would like to trade an older Core Hollowbody II Piezo for my 24-08. I am still not sure I want to do that. I will have to see how I like the new guitar. And I have no idea how to effect a safe exchange of guitars with anyone in another country. But my new SE Piezo should arrive on Wednesday.

Good to hear from you. Stay safe! Regards, Scott

New to the Forum. Started like many others have with SE models. While I am PRSless at the moment, these have been instruments from my past. All Core models. My first non SE was the Gold Top SC250. I walked in to a shop and ordered one as a Gold Top.

Then there was the Gold Wrap Burst SC245. My last was the 513, which I liked the most so far. As I do most things backwards, instead of a Custom 24 being among the first purchased, it will probably be my next one. Oh, and a ME1 would be great to experience at some point in this journey.

Have a great week everyone.

Nate

qlmP8cVm.jpg

P2KtSgfm.png

bOLJHT2m.jpg

New to the Forum. Started like many others have with SE models. While I am PRSless at the moment, these have been instruments from my past. All Core models. My first non SE was the Gold Top SC250. I walked in to a shop and ordered one as a Gold Top.

Then there was the Gold Wrap Burst SC245. My last was the 513, which I liked the most so far. As I do most things backwards, instead of a Custom 24 being among the first purchased, it will probably be my next one. Oh, and a ME1 would be great to experience at some point in this journey.

Have a great week everyone.

Nate

qlmP8cVm.jpg

P2KtSgfm.png

bOLJHT2m.jpg

Welcome. Hopefully you will be with PRS soon.

Hello just introducing myself. Now that I have my first PRS in route (being delivered this Saturday) I guess I’m official! I’m going to hang around here and learn a bit. I’ve been a Gibson fanboy for years and own several.. I never really was interested in PRS judging by the looks... figured they were nice, but I like my Gibson’s. Well about two weeks ago I was at a friends house and he had me try his core PRS.. You know how when you try a different brand guitar it usually feels unfamiliar and not “right“.. well the opposite happened. I found myself thinking about that guitar all night. How it played. How comfortable it felt. I wanted to keep playing it. I was bit. I texted my friend and I said damn you I think you may have just cost me quite a bit of coin! Two weeks later and I’m waiting on a box. Saturday I’ll be peeping out the blinds and listening for the sound of a UPS truck in the distance like a fiend. I’ll let you guys know how it all turns out. Take care

Welcome to the forums, guys! We’ll be looking forward to pictures of all those in-transit PRS guitars. It’s always a unique experience opening the case on a new PRS!

Thanks, Rick.

I will get pictures up. They are beautiful guitars. I don't know what to expect from SC-J because I did not even know the model existed until yesterday! But the guys at Wildwood Guitars seem to be taking good care of me. :)

Regards, Scott

Back