Introduce yourself!

Hello, I am a newbie from East Brunswick, NJ. I have my first PRS ( a low price guitar) two year ago. I have practiced some easy song like Scarborough Fair, Lagrima... but I am a poor player. Glad to chat with you guys

Update: my guitar just might be back at the dealer today, so it might be NGD part 2. Can’t wait to be able to post pics and/or start a thread.

the PCT was fantastic. The dealer as well.

Update: my guitar just might be back at the dealer today, so it might be NGD part 2. Can’t wait to be able to post pics and/or start a thread.

the PCT was fantastic. The dealer as well.
Well, tomorrow should be the day. I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve. The silly part is I’ve got a broken left arm. The good part is once I get this cast off, I’ll be going through physical therapy and playing scales and modes and soloing over loops will be just what the DR ordered.

Well, tomorrow should be the day. I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve. The silly part is I’ve got a broken left arm. The good part is once I get this cast off, I’ll be going through physical therapy and playing scales and modes and soloing over loops will be just what the DR ordered.
ITS HERE!!

It’s finally here. Can’t play it with this broken arm. And for the life of me I cannot figure out how to post a picture of this burled beauty.

Another new guy here, UPS just delivered my new guitar, PRS SE Paul's guitar in fire red. It's beautiful and plays great. Love the pups on this thing. Anyway, I'm a retired machinist in Wa state, generally an acoustic player but enjoy playing electrics as well.

Long time lurker first time poster!

I've had a few PRS SE over the years and liked them; a 2017 Santana Yellow was the one that caught me. Amazing hunk of wood.

I just purchased a S2 McCarty 594 in McCarty Sunburst and figured I'd join in. Thank you Mr. Smith for crafting such a fine oscillator!

ymxCrx2
So here it is sure it’s no core or 10 top. But for what I will use it for its awesome. I cannot wait to get this darn cast off my left arm play play PLAY!!
FkdNcIL.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dan Weldon - I have two PRS guitars on SC245 (sold), and a 1994 Custom 22. I miss the SC245 and I'm wanting to trade my CU22 (10 top, Birds, Gold, Hardtail) for another SC245 or a McCarty.
I don't have enough posts to post pic links, but when I do, I will put up a trade ad:)
Welcome to the forum. Just an FYI, no sales section on this forum. Not allowed here.

So let me reintroduce myself, I'm Dan Weldon, and this is my 1994 CU22. I would like to hear from people that have tried a standard PAF style pick-up set (Throbak, or whatever brand you like), and a standard three way switch with just volume and tone (no splitting, tapping, etc), with a Custom 22. I'm not a fan of the Dragon pickups or a splits, I just love the way the guitar feels, but not the electronics.

WukOQRC.jpg

Last edited:
So let me reintroduce myself, I'm Dan Weldon, and this is my 1994 CU22. I would like to hear from people that have tried a standard PAF style pick-up set (Throbak, or whatever brand you like), and a standard three way switch with just volume and tone (no splitting, tapping, etc), with a Custom 22. I'm not a fan of the Dragon pickups or a splits, I just love the way the guitar feels, but not the electronics.

WukOQRC.jpg
I, actually the PTC, put a 59/09 in the bridge, and a 57/08 in the neck, and replaced the 5 way rotary with a 3 way. I did have them install mini-toggles for tapping. I know you aren't interested in that, but I wanted to paint the whole picture. I am really pleased with that pick up combo.

Other than that, I have had Suhr Doug Aldrich pick ups in a KL-33, and Throbak PG-102 in a 594. The Throbaks are pricey. Bare Knuckle Abraxas in an SE Bernie, and a set of Klein Epic '59 in another 594. If you're looking for a good PAF, check out the Kleins. They're really nice, and not as pricey.

Hi all,

My name is Louie and I live in Encinitas CA. I’ve played acoustic instruments on and off for years. While taking an online course over the last several months I became interested in playing an electric guitar.

After a lot of searching and thinking I finally jumped in an purchased a used SE Paul’s Guitar from Dave’s Guitar Shop in La Crosse WI. To complete my setup I have a Fender Bassbreaker 007 and a couple of pedals to play with.

Mostly interested in clean sound primarily jazz, blues and 60’s rock, Beatles, CSN etc.

Hi all,

My name is Louie and I live in Encinitas CA. I’ve played acoustic instruments on and off for years. While taking an online course over the last several months I became interested in playing an electric guitar.

After a lot of searching and thinking I finally jumped in an purchased a used SE Paul’s Guitar from Dave’s Guitar Shop in La Crosse WI. To complete my setup I have a Fender Bassbreaker 007 and a couple of pedals to play with.

Mostly interested in clean sound primarily jazz, blues and 60’s rock, Beatles, CSN etc.
Welcome to the forum, Louie, and congrats on your first. Dave's usually have good deals on "used" guitars.

Greetings All: The name is Dan here. I live in the Reno/Sparks area of Nevada with a great big poodle dog, big as a blimp with a rhinestone collar. His name is Archie. Even better, there is my wonderful wife and the other dog too. We have 320 days of sunshine here, most of those days are either too hot or too cold and divided into two seasons: the hot season and the cold season. The wind blows all the time. Our little house sits on a fenced acre of horse property. We don't have a horse. My granddaughter wants one. We'll see. I sold my '97 McCarty along with 3 other guitars a couple years ago to help finance a damn airplane. I've done that kind of thing before. I never feels a good as it sounds. Now the airplane is gone and the guitars too. And so it goes. I have my eye on a hollowbody spruce. I'm 70 years old and still don't play worth a hoot but I'm converting our old chicken coop into a small studio out back so that I can practice without guilt or distraction. Maybe record some stuff. I've been told I'm a remarkable singer. You can always tell that you're a good singer when the folks in front of you in church turn around and make faces during worship. Jealousy is one of the 8 deadly sins isn't it? Anyway, it's nice to join up with such a swell group.

Cheers
Dan

Back