Acapella apps

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
So, a friend of mine has been posting videos of himself playing several instruments on social media, to create a song. He will be playing bass, guitar, drums, etc......and somehow is able to layer each take on top of the other and split the screen to show all of them at once. And sync them up to where it creates a full band sound. I asked him what he was using and he said "Acapella". It is an app for his phone. The issue that I am having is that I looked it up, and it (the specific one he is using) is not available for android. Only Apple. There are several out there that are for Android too though. So, I checked the reviews and they seem to be all over the place. Many saying the parts won't sync. Many complaints that there is only like one minute worth of time to record (mostly the free versions. I am sure the paid ones give you longer). But they are so scattered that I can't seem to decipher which one would actually fit what I would need. (or if it works well at all). If there are any of you on here who are using one of these apps on your phone (and it is NOT apple) which ones are you using. And how well does it work. Ease of use (I'm old now, new tech doesn't settle in for me the way it did in my youth). Functionality. Max video lengths. Number of layers available to record. .. .etc...etc...etc.....

I figured I would ask here before just blindly making a purchase/download.

Thanks in advance.

So, a friend of mine has been posting videos of himself playing several instruments on social media, to create a song. He will be playing bass, guitar, drums, etc......and somehow is able to layer each take on top of the other and split the screen to show all of them at once. And sync them up to where it creates a full band sound. I asked him what he was using and he said "Acapella". It is an app for his phone. The issue that I am having is that I looked it up, and it (the specific one he is using) is not available for android. Only Apple. There are several out there that are for Android too though. So, I checked the reviews and they seem to be all over the place. Many saying the parts won't sync. Many complaints that there is only like one minute worth of time to record (mostly the free versions. I am sure the paid ones give you longer). But they are so scattered that I can't seem to decipher which one would actually fit what I would need. (or if it works well at all). If there are any of you on here who are using one of these apps on your phone (and it is NOT apple) which ones are you using. And how well does it work. Ease of use (I'm old now, new tech doesn't settle in for me the way it did in my youth). Functionality. Max video lengths. Number of layers available to record. .. .etc...etc...etc.....

I figured I would ask here before just blindly making a purchase/download.

Thanks in advance.
I personally can't imagine wanting to do something like this on a phone. The video editing alone on such a small screen would drive me crazy. I wish I could help, but I know of nothing for you on that topic of android software for video editing/compiling/recording. If you decide to move to a computer, OBS is supposed to be good at taking multiple video streams and getting them synched up!

I personally can't imagine wanting to do something like this on a phone. The video editing alone on such a small screen would drive me crazy. I wish I could help, but I know of nothing for you on that topic of android software for video editing/compiling/recording. If you decide to move to a computer, OBS is supposed to be good at taking multiple video streams and getting them synched up!
Yeah, see that is if you were going to try to be a "production quality" videography. This is a phone app that just merges a few different video images and audios. (Though according to him, there is a network that other musicians can add to it or something but he doesn't use that feature). This is the kind of app where you can make a tiktok video or an instagram reel level of quality. Not sure it was meant to be "Studio serious". It is just fun. But, alas, it is for apple. Just wondering out of all the other ones I see out there, which ones are worth the download is all.

He has a few of the videos up, but his page is "friends only" or I would have embedded one here so that people could see what I was talking about.

Understood! OBS does not have to be "studio production" quality though ;~)) Lot's of podcasters use it for their shows so they can have 5 talking heads on the screen at the same time. It can be of whatever output level you are looking for. The reason I pointed it out is because it is free and easier to use than Premiere Pro or After Effects (which is what I generally use for video production but they cost money) and I also believe that it would be much easier for editing than on a phone. Best of luck!

Back