Whale Blue SE

Gary mcfarland

Just a quick question . True colors on a pc, lap top , phone etc are sometimes deceiving. Is the Whale Blue on a SE guitar more of a grey than blue, thanks

This is my SE Custom Hollowbody in Whale Blue. I bought it used and this is how was listed. Maybe it's not the correct description, but it's what I was told.
eCGmbP4.jpg

Several PRS's online used, have different descriptions, some call this Blue Quilt. Others Whale Blue.

Last edited:
I wish I had a concrete answer for you. But my experience has been that no matter how stunning or attractive the pictures in ads or on your screen may be, until you see them in a store (or wherever) there is often a huge difference form what you originally perceived them to be. Seeing it for real is the only true way IMO. Very much like playing them I reckon.

Blues vary from model to model and year to year, especially used. Typically more blue on se, sometimes with purplish hues over grey coming out, depending on shading, mix, lighting, angles, and grains. My se has turned blurple or plue over the years.

Screenshot_20210427-003243_Gallery9fabe2631f74094e.jpg

Each piece of wood takes stain very differently. To me the guitars look more unique because of it. I despise cookie cutter worlds wihere everything is the same.

Back