Kemper and Android

dmatthews

Dave's not here
For those with a Kemper, and Android phone or tablet.
Just found the beta app, woo hoo!

Just got it working on my unpowered Head.
Fortunately I have a POE switch here at home to run my IP phones, so I have the remote working as well! :cool:
As soon as I ran a cat5 patch cord to the Wifi router, and the remote cable to the POE switch, I started the app on my phone. It found the Kemper immediately... nice!
I then installed the app on my old Lenovo Tab 410, and it found the Kemper immediately as well.
Both apps on both devices run in tandem no problem!
I have not yet tried everything, but it's looking good so far.
Switching performance slots on either app switches the other app along with the remote.
Devices I have the app running successfully on:

Lenovo Tab 410. OS = Android 8.1.0
Samsung Galaxy S21. OS = Android 13

Will do more testing after work!

I am curious as to what it lets you do. I will hook mine up when the release comes out. I am not a fan of the beta releases.

I am curious as to what it lets you do. I will hook mine up when the release comes out. I am not a fan of the beta releases.
Well as stated I haven't had time to monkey with everything, but in Performance mode I can change Performances, change slots, manipulate all EQ parameters, turn on/off effects, change effect parameters, basically anything Rig Manager on PC/MAC can do.
I'm sure it won't let you upgrade the Kemper of course, but will check more later.

A couple things of note...
On my older Lenovo Tablet I noticed that when I boot the tablet up, and start the app before it has acquired Wifi, it stops the Wifi from being acquired. No biggie because you can quit the app and the tablet acquires Wifi and restart the app no worries.
Also, when you start the app on the older tablet it finds the Kemper immediately but you need to manually connect to it.
The phone app (when started) immediately finds the Kemper and connects to it automatically.
Just some observations.
Have not found any bugs yet.

That’s super cool! happy for you! I would like to have this possibility on AXE FX3!
You can get "Frac Pad" but it is not an FAS product! I almost bought it today after nearly two years with my Axe FXIII. I am thinking I am going to get it as I more and more want controls right in front of me when I am playing (stuff I don't want to adjust with pedals/footswitches)!!!

You can get "Frac Pad" but it is not an FAS product! I almost bought it today after nearly two years with my Axe FXIII. I am thinking I am going to get it as I more and more want controls right in front of me when I am playing (stuff I don't want to adjust with pedals/footswitches)!!!
Curious to know if you like it or...
My Kemper at home is directly connected to my PC via USB, so not sure yet how much the mobile app will enhance the experience.
Don't think I'll ever use it live though (never say never). The remote/pedal is king there.

Back