SE Tremonti Custom!

Alright, having had a night to play around...

I love this guitar. It's everything I wanted when I got my original Tremonti SE. I'm gonna do a detailed writeup and take pics tonight (I was out of batteries and spent all night playing it anyway), but in the meantime to those waiting on one or thinking about getting one...it's absolutely worth it. The guitar looks great, feels great, sounds great...I haven't got a single complaint. And that's before I've even done my usual customizations!

Good luck dude, I'm hoping you get yours before I get my replacement. Confirmed that I can send it back yesterday, so I'm doing so today. He should have it Friday, place the order for the new one and if I'm lucky I'll have it by Thanksgiving. We'll see!

Hope you get yours soon.
I asked him yesterday if he can track mine, and I guess PRS does not give tracking info to their dealers.

Thanks. And I hope you get yours like tomorrow. This is all sorts of crazy, your story makes me wanna cry. I'd go nuts waiting for a month or more on a guitar that wasn't a custom order.

Thanks Shawn, hopefully it lands Thursday, and then I will be able to pick it up Friday after work and enjoy it for the weekend.

SOP, yeah, bummed that it has taken so long.
Still curious if the other place got it for free, or were forced to send it back.

From what my dealer told me, the place in PA. refused to send it back.
I think they are a music school too, not a store.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Do ya want the good new or bad news first :D
Lets start with the good news.

I left work two hours early today as it is Friday, and I just wanted to get out of there.
I turned on my Bluetooth on my Droid so it could connect with my Pioneer stereo in my rig, as I felt I might get a call from my dealer.
Sure enough, about two blocks from the freeway entrance and also his store my phone rang.
He wanted to speak with me, and I told him I was just around the corner, and I could stop in.

My guitar came in yesterday on Thursday, not bad since it was shipped a week and a day prior on Wednesday the 31st.
Cool, but ya wanna know why I never got a call yesterday that it came in?
It could have been ready today for me to pick up, but UPS punched a frickin' hole through the box and broke the headstock.
UNBELIEVABLE!

He saw the hole when UPS dropped it off, and the driver told him it looked like someone had thrown it against a bolt or something in the truck.
Looks like a piece of rebar poked the box, went through the gig bag, and then broke the headstock.

Think someone is telling me to say forget about buying this guitar???
He is sending it back of course, but he did say the finish on it was beautiful.
What if my third replacement is not as nice as it, or maybe the first one that got shipped to the wrong state and store?

He called them up yesterday and told them what happened, and he is waiting today to find out if they are going to airship him a third one now. since I have been waiting since the 5th of October.

They cannot get one out until perhaps Monday, and I am going to be pretty ticked off if I have to wait another 8 days or more to get the replacement.
I am not even sure if PRS has anymore of these in stock, if not, I am going to cancel my order, and think about another guitar instead.
I was so looking forward to rocking this Tremonti this weekend.

He is going to see if Paul can sign the back of the third one for me though, that would be very nice.
I am just so bummed out and disappointed right now.

Oh Jesus...

I'm sorry dude, that's horrible. I can't believe your luck with this damned guitar. Though, I'm right there with ya with regards to my car. Got rear-ended, my radiator failed...it's been a rough week. Here's hoping we both get our replacements before Thanksgiving, yeah? If you get it signed by Paul, that'd be an awesome bonus.

Bummer on your car man.

If it ships the slow way, it might make it during the week of Thanksgiving, that is if it goes out this coming Monday.
But since the shop is closed for the Holiday, and also shippers, I am not counting on seeing the replacement until after Thanksgiving, unless PRS ships this by jet freight instead of a slow truck.

I would gladly pay extra $$$ if the SEs were shipped optionally with the multifit hardshell cases when they leave MD.
If this had been in a hardshell case, the guitar more than likely would be OK, and just a scratch on the case.
I toss the gig bags anyways in the closet, as I buy the multifit cases directly from Sweetwater.

Yeah, with the holiday coming up, I do not think I will see the new until afterwards, almost two months since I placed my order.
Last guitar I buy maybe that has to be shipped.

He got a brand new Semi-Hollow in just like my sons, but in Tobacco Burst, looks nice.
He also had a brand new non maple top 408 in that looked nice, but the only way I would buy a 408 would be in a maple top, the light green color, and natural sides, back, and neck.
That would look killer.

WOW. I can't believe your bad luck with this guitar. I agree that I would pay a little extra money to get hardshell cases with the SEs.

My purple one on layaway is going to be shipped from WildWire in the UK... hearing this kind of stuff makes me nervous.

NO WAY!!!! Man this is unbelievable!! As it would also be if the new one is not expedited.

I know you want to maintain the relationship with the dealer but this is already over the top. I would just cancel that, take the money back and buy it from sweetwater. They have it in stock again. Then just go to the dealer and get the upgrades you wanted.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/

Hopefully the third Tremonti will arrive unscathed.
As far as ordering one from Sweetwater, I gave it some thought, and I do not want to order a guitar that is not shipped in a hard case to give it more protection.
I got a look at the small box mine was shipped in, and there is not much protection.
If I ordered one from Sweetwater, UPS drops off before I get home, and I would hate to come home to another scenario like my dealer just went through.

If the third Tremonti is screwed up, I will be giving up on it and get a refund.

Kind of ironic, I was one of the first to order one of these, and now I am having so many problems getting one.

Man I sure hope the 3rd one shows up soon and without issues. I am the most impatient person so I would be going insane.

Hopefully the third Tremonti will arrive unscathed.
As far as ordering one from Sweetwater, I gave it some thought, and I do not want to order a guitar that is not shipped in a hard case to give it more protection.
I got a look at the small box mine was shipped in, and there is not much protection.
If I ordered one from Sweetwater, UPS drops off before I get home, and I would hate to come home to another scenario like my dealer just went through.

Hm...this is just me playing Devil's Advocate here, however...

All PRS SE guitars are shipped to dealers the same way. Gigbag inside a box with foam to support certain parts (the neck namely). All three guitars I've gotten from the SE line came this way, since I tend to have my dealer just re-label and send them to me. No problems for me, as of yet. So, no matter what, they will ship from MD to the first destination with that configuration.

Now, Sweetwater is pretty amiable with regards to any requests you have, like shipping the guitar in a hard case that you also buy. So, in theory, you could buy it (and probably get them to lower the price a bit below their listed price) and a case and ask them to ship the guitar in the case.

Of course, this is probably all moot as I'm sure your dealer has ordered a new replacement. Still, for future reference since we're all addicts and no purchase is our last. ;)

My dealer received my Tremonti back on Friday and ordered a new one. Said he should have it this week. So, depending on the time frame I should have mine maybe a week from now. Hopefully you'll be in the same boat!

Back