SE Tremonti Custom!

He he he...I just had some very bad noisy neighbors move too, I would love to have sent them off with a blast of heavy chord.

I am more disappointed than mad I guess.
He has ordered many guitars from PRS, just wondering how this could have happened.
I was really looking forward to playing it this weekend.

It will be another three weeks at least until I get it now, or longer.
Been waiting now since the 5th of this month.

I'm surprised PRS won't haul ass to rectify this since it was their mistake. I mean, shipping to your dealer expedited and the like. Especially since your dealer, I'm assuming, paid them their price and is sitting there with nothing to show for it. Does that mean this other dealer got the guitar for free?

It works out to be about the same if I buy from Sweetwater and have my dealer install the turners, but I miss out on the two free setups.

I would rather keep the business local.
He wanted one shipped out today, but PRS will not do that until they set it up, but he does that anyways, but they cannot release it until they do it.

I think they at least could overnight FedEx it to him since they goofed up my order.
And I was excited about being one of the first in the US to get one, but not now :(

I'm surprised PRS won't haul ass to rectify this since it was their mistake. I mean, shipping to your dealer expedited and the like. Especially since your dealer, I'm assuming, paid them their price and is sitting there with nothing to show for it. Does that mean this other dealer got the guitar for free?

At the wholesale level - especially where there are certified dealers working through reps - there are usually terms. I would be surprised if this dealer (or any other) would have to prepay for stock items. A Private Stock - maybe since it will be custom made and a one-off, but not things available from the general sales inventory.

Net 30 would not be uncommon. Dealers having a hard time paying in a timely maner might have to pre-pay or pay COD, but I can't imagine them staying in the PRS dealer network for very long.

I don't believe Corey's local dealer is out any money at all at this point since they never received anything.

Ah yeah, true. I didn't think of it from that perspective. Still, in terms of maintaining a good relationship with a dealer, you'd think PRS would go above and beyond to rectify the situation.

I just spoke with him, and the dealer who now has it does not want to give it back to PRS :D
Cannot blame them, they have a rare guitar indeed.

I imagine the soonest they can get my guitar out now (from what I was told) will be next Monday the 29th, and it will probably arrive at my dealer the 8th of November, around 10 days to get here by UPS ground.

Even though PRS screwed this up, he is doubtful they will expedite the shipping via express, it will come ground.
Needless to say, I am disappointed in the situation.

I work in shipping, expediting, and receiving parts at Boeing, and customers are always aware of where their product is.
I hope he can get a tracking number this time, if not, PRS should start doing that to keep people in the loop.

I wish you luck. have patience. I ordered mine last weekend from sweetwater and should be arriving (estimated) tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT. I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it for weeks now. Without it I would not know the Tremonti SE was available. Thanks CoreyT!

On a side note I tried to get my local PRS dealer to get one for me. He just called and said the PRS rep told him he did not know when more would be available? He also said the purple model was no longer being made even for the UK, and was a UK only model. Only 25 were made. Said that Mark did not like the purple model so they cancelled it. To bad, looks good.

Thanks!
Cool that you have one on order.
If I had gone with Sweetwater I would have had mine by now.
Well, it is not my dealers fault.

He said there are more available at PRS's docks, they are just waiting to inspect/setup the guitars.
Maybe they just told him that, I do not know, all I know is they cannot get mine back from that other dealer.
I Googled them, and it looks like they are a music school, not a dealer, so I do not know what is up with that.

If I am unable to get this guitar as in being sold out for good here, I am going to get a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus from Sweetwater, the one with the locking tuners, and push/pull pots for coil slitting/phase.
More money, but I really love my SG I have.
A guy over on the official Gibson forum I belong to just got one last week, and it is beautiful.
http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/93018-ngd-lp-standard-plus/

I had a bad feeling about this since it was taking so long to get here, and he was unable to track it.

nice! I did play one similar at my local GC, liked it but...the neck was not as comfortable for me. Did like the 2011 SE custom they had with the wide-thin neck. Just has a better feel to me. Thats why I jumped all over the updated Tremonti SE. I also have a Anniversary Custom 24 SE in blue. Hope You do get your order resolved...That always sucks.

I do like the wide/thin neck on my SE Custom 24, very much like my SG.

Dealer called me and said PRS is holding one for me, but i am not sure about that as Sweetwater says there are none available from PRS until the 8th of next month.

Either way you look at it, someone in PRS shipping screwed me out of having mine to play this week.

Ah Corey, that sucks! But just breathe! I know that waiting for something you just bought is the worst feeling ever, but you will have it soon. I am sure in a couple of months they will be around everywhere.

I just bought mine from a Florida Dealer through Ebay. He has them in hand and mine is shipping to me tomorrow.
He just listed another one here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-SE-Mark...k-/140873630307?pt=Guitar&hash=item20ccb90263

Only place online I have seen them other than Sweetwater.

Last edited:
Nice, I really think the gray/black is going to look good in person.

Yeah, waiting two months almost with the time figured in to get the new one sucks since I already paid for it.
Now I wait and see who can get me one first, my dealer, or Sweetwater.
Talked to my Sweetwater rep, and they can mod the guitar for me the way I want, but they would have to order in the Planet Waves Autotrim tuners as they do not stock them.

I wonder what that other store is doing with my guitar :D

Man, I feel for ya having all these issues. You would think such a great company would at least overnight it for the screw up :/
I talked to someone at sweetwater yesterday and the guy was completely clueless. Sad to read about the purple color, was kind of curious about it. The guy I spoke to swore they had the right info on the guitar so I asked why they list the guitar with dots and stoptail when it obviously has a trem and birds - he hung up :p

After telling my Sweetwater rep a week back that they have the wrong info up for the Custom, the regular Tremonti text is still up.

I emailed PRS Customer Service the other day asking when my replacement for the lost guitar will be shipped out to my dealer, and I have not heard back yet.
Maybe not all of them read the forums here too, not sure.
But no one has contacted me about the lost guitar yet.

Yikes... I'm getting nervous haha and it's not even my guitar. I'm sorry dude.
It would be nice to at least get an apoligy for giving my guitar away to someone else or at least contact my dealer and tell him when my replacement will land at his shop so I can pick it up.

I'm not sure what PRS is up to. I've been waiting to buy a custom 24 SE from Musicians friend for at least two months but everytime I call they have no idea when or if they are getting them, yet Sweetwater has plenty. Typical these days.

Back