SE Tremonti Custom!

Yeah, kind of moot now, my dealer has already been in contact with his sales rep there at PRS, and he is calling today to find out if they are going to expedite this thing or not.
I have a hardshell case waiting for it it at home.

I will give him a day or so before contacting him to find out a delivery time frame.
I am pretty sure though that it will ship the sloooooooooow way again.

I did however email Customer Service at PRS to let them know what happened to the second guitar, so we shall see if the third one ships out sooner.

Last edited:
I would hope that PRS would take some steps to make this thing better for you and your dealer. This is getting pretty silly, really. Shipping it to the wrong place was their fault entirely, the shipment getting damaged wasn't on them but still they should want to make this situation disappear by remedying it ASAP.

Here's hoping it happens.

Thanks Man.
Have not heard back from my dealer yet, but I have an email into him to let me know when it ships to him from PRS again.

How does the broken guitar pan out?
It gets shipped back, but does UPS get stuck with the bill for ruining it?
They must have tossed it pretty hard for something to poke hard enough through the box, foam padding, and the gig bag.

Typically PRS would file an insurance claim with UPS. As the sender, since they paid the bill, they're the one who gets reimbursed. I know that from having FedEx destroy a $2k home theatre receiver a few years ago (that they packaged, thankfully, so there was no contest on the claim).

I checked with my guy today too. He said he expects it in this week. If I'm extremely lucky and it comes tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll have it Friday. Otherwise, next week is looking most likely. As long as it's before the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll be happy.

Glad yours is on the way.

My dealer just called me around 2 PM PST to let me know his sales rep woman said it shipped today!
He is not sure if it is coming UPS truck/ground, or if it got expedited, as she did not know yet.
But he will be expecting an email from her when he gets in around 10 am tomorrow morning to let him know which way it got shipped.

If via ground, if holds the same time frame as the damaged one, it could be here by next Tuesday, then his guy will rip into it and put the new strings on, my tuners, and set it up, then I can pick it up Wednesday.
If it gets here later, then I will not see it until after Thanksgiving.

Now if it shipped via air, then it could land this week.
I am hoping it got expedited this time.
There is no way for me to find out, as not being a dealer.
The only contact phone number and email I have is Customer Service, and they do not have the shipping info, and unless you are a dealer, you can not call sales there to get any shipping info.

But at least is went out today.

bigdirk_clear.gif

Same here. I really hope you get it in time to enjoy it for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend (and take plenty of pics for us). ;)

Thanks guy's.
I will get plenty of pics for sure.

Hope to hear today on its shipping status.

Dealer told me they have quite a bit of snow back there too to deal with.
First Sandy, now a snow storm.

No new axe yet, hopefully it lands Tuesday so I can have it Wednesday, and enjoy it over the 4 day weekend.

Same here.

Guitar Center has not provided me with any updates, and they have been unresponsive to my most recent email. I'll call them again today.

Who knew it could take so long to receive a guitar that is not customized in any way?

Guitar Center has not provided me with any updates, and they have been unresponsive to my most recent email. I'll call them again today.
You ordered through GC? When I contacted mine here near KoP mall they pretty much ignored my request to order one.

Feel bad for you guys. Again here is another dealer that has them:
NorthEast Music Center just got 4 and posted them yesterday on their site and eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-PAUL-REED-SMITH-MARK-TREMONTI-CUSTOM-SE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/221154123122
Grab them before they go!

You ordered through GC? When I contacted mine here near KoP mall they pretty much ignored my request to order one.

Feel bad for you guys. Again here is another dealer that has them:
NorthEast Music Center just got 4 and posted them yesterday on their site and eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-PAUL-REED-SMITH-MARK-TREMONTI-CUSTOM-SE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/221154123122
Grab them before they go!

My local GC kind of did the same thing as well :/ I'm friends with the manager and I know he tried though and they're mega busy. It just annoys me that most GC's that you call to ask a question or see if something is in stock they just want to take your info and say we'llcall you back because it's in their job description to get x amount of people's info in their system per day.

Plymouth Meeting?
That's exactly where I placed my order.
Yup, but I never got to that point. Manager said he would get back to me and it never happened. Guess they just forgot but I never insisted. Got it online with Coral Sky Music dealer who had them on hand and it was here 4 days after.

I finally picked up the guitar yesterday. As it turns out, the employee through whom I had ordered the guitar actually left Guitar Center a couple weeks ago. My guitar was sitting in their warehouse for a while before someone finally realized, "hey didn't someone order this PRS?"

Not to knock on Guitar Center or the employee. I guess that kind of breakdown in communication is to be expected when you're dealing with a larger organization as opposed to a small/local store.

Anyway, here are some pictures for y'all:

NekA6.jpg

nWwvc.jpg

BbsJj.jpg

YuFNG.jpg

KhB5Z.jpg

oHyjS.jpg

WY1eE.jpg

This one compares the thickness of the new SE Tremonti Custom to that of my old Tremonti SE:

RhhUm.jpg

RBqRW.jpg

Here you can see the up-routed tremolo:

cCKGU.jpg

I haven't gotten much of a chance to play it yet. I actually haven't even plugged in my amps since I moved to my new apartment back in July; I've been playing acoustic whenever I have the chance, which is not nearly often enough.

From what I can tell so far, the neck feels great. I really like the thinness of it when compared to the old SE. I've reserve judgment on overall playability for when I find time to restring it with 10s (it's got 9s right now). I'm also a huge fan of the thicker/heavier body. As I expect, this solves the top-heaviness problem experienced by the old SE. The SE Custom is totally weight-balanced. I don't know much about tremolo systems, so I can't comment on the quality of this specific setup. And of course I love the look of the flamed top and mother of pearl bird inlays.

If you're in the market for a reasonably-priced guitar, and are thinking of getting the Tremonti SE, there's no reason you shouldn't spend the extra $200 on the SE Custom. It's really a lot better.

Congrats man.
Tried posting at lunch on my Droid, but lost the connection in our lunch room.

The finish on that is beautiful!
Let us know how it sounds after you get 'er amped up.

Yeah, I am in an apartment also, (I really need to move sometime) so I cannot crank my Carvin V3M to loud, but I can turn the master way up, along with the gain, and turn down the channels volume, and get great distortion and sustain, so it sounds very nice.

If mine does not land by tomorrow, I am going to be pretty upset.

Guitar Center has not provided me with any updates, and they have been unresponsive to my most recent email.

never have anything good ordered from GC, only what they have in stock. My local GC has good guys but...no clue on latest PRS guitars. Mine still has yet to see a 2012 Custom 24 SE. They were also not able to order one. But Sweetwater has been great, I got my Tremonti custom SE from them, took it in and my local GC drooled over it. Haven't had a chance to post any pictures, but plays sweeet!

My purple burst will be here Friday! All the way from Great Britain.

IMG_2130%255B1%255D.PNG

Will post pics when it arrives!

Back