SE Tremonti Custom!

Congrats man.
Tried posting at lunch on my Droid, but lost the connection in our lunch room.

The finish on that is beautiful!
Let us know how it sounds after you get 'er amped up.

Yeah, I am in an apartment also, (I really need to move sometime) so I cannot crank my Carvin V3M to loud, but I can turn the master way up, along with the gain, and turn down the channels volume, and get great distortion and sustain, so it sounds very nice.

If mine does not land by tomorrow, I am going to be pretty upset.
Thank you sir. Yes, I find the finish to be quite gorgeous.

I plugged in my Mesa Boogie F-50 today and gave the guitar a whirl. Overall it sounds pretty good. Definitely night as bright/crisp as the USA Tremonti pickups that I put in my original Tremonti SE, but it sounds fairly clean, warm and well-rounded. My amp might need new tubes though... hahaha.

Isn't apartment living great for us guitar players? Haha. Actually, I just hadn't plugged the amps in out of laziness and lack of power outlets in the room. I can't wait to buy a house with a basement though.

Got mine in today guys, check out my NGD post. CoreyT, thought it was interesting that mine shipped with a hole in the cardboard box like something had punctured it. Luckily the guitar was fine though.

Nice Bret, just posted.
Glad only your box got punctured.

My dealer just called me, and something is up once again.
We were told my third guitar shipped on Monday the 12th, but he just got the invoice in the mail today that was dated the 19th, and the invoices usually go out the day the guitars are shipped.
So if my guitar did not ship on the 12th, and shipped this past Monday, now we are looking at not getting it in until Wednesday of next week or so on account of the holiday.
If it does not land this Friday, then he is right about it not shipping until the 19th.

This is getting so frustrating, and he requested if they could ship this third one by air too since I have been waiting since the 5th of October for mine.

No one got back to him today either, and he has a few emails in trying to track this down.
Needless to say, this is my last PRS guitar I am going to buy that has to be shipped.
So I hope he gets some nice maple top 408s in later, as I cannot go through this bad shipping ordeal crap again.

It is either a 408, or a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus that is coming in 2013.
Grover tuners, split coil/phase inversion pull taps on the volume tone controls, slim/thin 60s profile neck like I have on my 2012 '61 SG Reissue.
Very nice Les Paul.
Sweetwater has no info on them yet for 2013, but the good chaps in the UK from Andertons has them up on their website.
I would go for the tea burst color.
Ordering from Sweetwater on a Monday would guarantee I would have it by Friday or Saturday.

Oh man Corey, that really sucks. Really frustrating. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer now, since it has officially shipped.

I would be going crazy Corey. I sure hope this one shows up next week and unscathed.

Thanks guy's.
My dealer already offered a discount off of it too since it is taking so long.
Not sure why his rep has not got back to him on this yet.
It is very frustrating for him too since he has no idea where it is without being able to track it.

Same boat. My dealer hasn't heard back from his rep either, so...hopefully next week. Sucks because I have mine en route to my job that I just put my two weeks in at. So...here's hoping. :p

Thanks guy's.
My dealer already offered a discount off of it too since it is taking so long.
Not sure why his rep has not got back to him on this yet.
It is very frustrating for him too since he has no idea where it is without being able to track it.

Here is hoping yours come in very soon.

I think my dealer was right, they never shipped mine on the 12th like his rep lady told him it did.
It shipped more than likely this past Monday on the 19th, the day the bill for him was created and mailed out.

If that is the case, it should land mid week here.

Here is hoping yours come in very soon.

I think my dealer was right, they never shipped mine on the 12th like his rep lady told him it did.
It shipped more than likely this past Monday on the 19th, the day the bill for him was created and mailed out.

If that is the case, it should land mid week here.

If Amy said it shipped...It shipped. The invoice date and the guitar ship date are way different....I've seen guitars show and the invoice not show for a month...and I've seen the exact oposite.

If Amy said it shipped...It shipped. The invoice date and the guitar ship date are way different....I've seen guitars show and the invoice not show for a month...and I've seen the exact oposite.
Something is off then.
The second one was shipped on the 31st of October, and it arrived (broken by UPS though) 8 days later on November the 8th.
If my third one was sent on Monday November the 12th, it has been 12 days now.
Surely it should have shown yesterday on a shipping day of 11 days.

The only way to know for sure when it was shipped is if my dealer had the tracking number which he is not privy to.

Sounds like you work in the shipping department there.

Something is off then.
The second one was shipped on the 31st of October, and it arrived (broken by UPS though) 8 days later on November the 8th.
If my third one was sent on Monday November the 12th, it has been 12 days now.
Surely it should have shown yesterday on a shipping day of 11 days.

The only way to know for sure when it was shipped is if my dealer had the tracking number which he is not privy to.

Sounds like you work in the shipping department there.

No I don't, but I know Amy and she's a friend and has been a HUGE help for me. She's a straight shooter and if she could do anything to help she would. There are lots of things that factor in...It takes 8+ days for a guitar to get from Stevensville to WA. State. I'd like to know what dealer you're working with....

No I don't, but I know Amy and she's a friend and has been a HUGE help for me. She's a straight shooter and if she could do anything to help she would. There are lots of things that factor in...It takes 8+ days for a guitar to get from Stevensville to WA. State. I'd like to know what dealer you're working with....
I will PM you the info.

I think maybe the shipping department had an off week, myself. My dealer ordered a replacement for me on 11/9/12. He's in Boston, I'm in Northern Virginia. 2 days transit between each stop. So, even if it took a few days to process the order and ship, he'd have it two days later (I know from experience, this isn't my first order ;)).

Well, as of yesterday, still no SE Tremonti Custom. Also, no reply to him or his store from their PRS rep. So...either PRS ran out of guitars (which, maybe that's the case, if so it sucks) or there was a glitch in the shipping department. My dealer had expected the replacement within a week, and two weeks later no luck. I'm patient to a degree, it's just that the guitar is shipping to my work and I just handed in my two week's notice...so I don't want it arriving there after I'm gone. ;)

If mine does not show up this week my patience will be at and end, and it will be time for a refund.
There are other guitars out there.

So I've been playing this guitar for about a week now, and I'm discovering that the tuning is quite unstable. As with any new set of strings, I would expect it to take a little while before the strings stretch out and settle into their tuning. But it's been a week, and whenever I so much as touch the whammy bar, the strings go out of tune.

Is it possible that I've set something up incorrectly? Or is this just the nature of tremolo systems on relatively inexpensive guitars? I know you can't really ensure tuning stability unless you go with a full Floyd Rose system, but I had no idea it would be this bad.

Other than that I'm very happy with the guitar. The neck plays really well, it looks beautiful, and it just feels much higher quality than any other SE I've used.

It sounds like the strings are pinching in the nut. Without detuning the guitar, pull each string up and out of the nut slot. The string should exit the slot smoothly without binding or pinching. Widening the slots with nut slot files, exacto or sand paper should solve the problem and will need to be done especially if the string gauge has been changed.

If you're local to your dealer, they may be able to assist you. If not, we can alsways arrange to have teh guitar sent back to the factory for a full evaluation.

Thanks for the response! I'll have to check on that when I get home on Thursday.

I was researching the possibility of swapping in a bone nut, and saw your post here that mentions SE nuts being set up for 9-42s. I use 10-52s, so it sounds like I will likely need to widen the slots.

Keep in mind that even "pre-cut" nuts are not drop in replacements, they will all need to be fine tuned to fit your guitar and set up. It's a lot easier to just work with what you have , then it is to replace the entire nut and start from scratch.

Back