SE Tremonti Custom!

MojoPin

Wow, anyone else seen this yet?

http://www.musicradar.com/totalguitar/prs-unveils-se-tremonti-custom-564553

Looks like it's in the shops pretty much straight away, too. Surprised it's UK only, nice we get something cool for a change! I've an original Tremonti that I love more than anything, but I have to admit I'm very tempted indeed. Looking forward to seeing how the review pans out, but I'm pretty sure it's going to kick ass either way :biggrin:

That is nice!
I have two SE guitars now, and I would be tempted to buy this if they offered it in the US.
In fact if they did, I would place an order with my local PRS dealer today.

Always wondered why the Tremonti SE didn't have a trem. It would be sweet if it had a thicker 245 style body too, maybe they already do though I'm not sure... anyways very cool!

Looking very good!

I'll take one of those, along with a 7-string SE please. :D

First it was the Japanese Bonni Pink SE Custom 24 and now this! Why does PRS hate Americans?

First it was the Japanese Bonni Pink SE Custom 24 and now this! Why does PRS hate Americans?

I was wondering the same thing... there were also runs of quilt top SE 245's and Santana's with custom colors in the last couple years that were only available in the UK, can anyone shed some light on why these special run guitars aren't available in the US?

Glad to hear the Tremonti SE has the thick body now though, hopefully they make this the stock model soon.

Basically, a distributor from any given country or region will contact us and ask for a special color or option because they feel it would sell well in their territory. These special features may or may not have broad appeal in other parts of the world, so they are typically limited to the guitars ordered by that specific distributor. If it turns out that these special features do have broad universal appeal, those features may appear on future production models.

Basically, a distributor from any given country or region will contact us and ask for a special color or option because they feel it would sell well in their territory. These special features may or may not have broad appeal in other parts of the world, so they are typically limited to the guitars ordered by that specific distributor. If it turns out that these special features do have broad universal appeal, those features may appear on future production models.

I see... Thanks for the explanation Shawn, I've wondered for a long time about that. My last 2 PRS purchases have been quilt tops... Just sayin :)

If by chance they doa run on these for the US, I will get one.
Or...I really love my sons 2012 SE Semi-Hollow too, but I think a nice improvement for 2013 would be a carved top like my SE Santana and SE Custom 24 have.
Other than that, his Semi-Hollow is killer looking in the natural color.

I think it would do well over here, especially if it hit the market right after christmas.

OK, looks like we get it too :D
I just spoke with my dealer a bit ago to inquire if it might be possible to get one of these UK versions, and he said he would call up PRS.
I got a call back from him a few minutes ago.

No need to try and get the UK version, there is a one coming for us here in the US, in fact it seems there are around 14 of them at the US PRS warehouse now, but they will not last long.
I believe he can get one for me, but I want to look at the specs and pics that were just sent over to him first.

It is black/gray, tremolo, 245 pickups, and the thicker body like the UK one.
I am going to stop by tomorrow between job sites when he opens and have a look at the pics and specs.

This could be a 2013 model?

PS, I have bought three of these PRS cases so far, I take it this style will not fit a Les Paul/Tremonti style?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSCase/

Last edited:
PS, I have bought three of these PRS cases so far, I take it this style will not fit a Les Paul/Tremonti style?

Nope, not quite. I've got a "spare" case I use to transport my gig guitars around in (so only one gets beat up), tried putting my Stripper in there and it doesn't quite fit right. You can jam it in there or try and re-shape the foam I guess but it's not a perfect fit.

OK, looks like we get it too :D
I just spoke with my dealer a bit ago to inquire if it might be possible to get one of these UK versions, and he said he would call up PRS.
I got a call back from him a few minutes ago.

No need to try and get the UK version, there is a one coming for us here in the US, in fact it seems there are around 14 of them at the US PRS warehouse now, but they will not last long.
I believe he can get one for me, but I want to look at the specs and pics that were just sent over to him first.

It is black/gray, tremolo, 245 pickups, and the thicker body like the UK one.
I am going to stop by tomorrow between job sites when he opens and have a look at the pics and specs.

This could be a 2013 model?

Nice, I'm going to call my local PRS dealer and ask if they can get one for me as well :)

I just printed out the page for the SE one here.
http://prsguitars.com/semarktremonti/

Not sure if my dealer has the one above in stock, if not, I can compare the specs from the printout to the one that was sent to him yesterday.
I am pretty sure he said it had the wide/thin neck like my 2012 SE Custom 24 has.
I prefer that over the wide/fat neck like the one above has and my SE Santana has.

I am hoping he can get me a serial number too to see if it starts with M for 2012, or N for 2013.

Back