S2 custom 24 replacement pickups?

titansfan4196

Thinking about replacing the pickups in my S2 custom 24... looking for better sustain, more clarity... thinking of putting in the 85/15 pickups. What do you recommend? I play blues, rock, worship, funk, gospel. Looking for a strong sound. Thanks!

85/15 would get you want you're looking for. Going to pay a premium on the used market, though. They're hard to come by. Personally, I'd do a 59/09 in the bridge and a 57/08 in the neck. Also, the \m/ pickups may have to most clarity. Don't be scared off by them being called Metal.

Give a shout to www.Zhangbucker.com ... Very economical custom hand wound pickups.
He'll chat with you and figure out exactly what you're looking for tone wise. Best pickups I've ever used.
Close to the price of SD's...

Give a shout to www.Zhangbucker.com ... Very economical custom hand wound pickups.
He'll chat with you and figure out exactly what you're looking for tone wise. Best pickups I've ever used.
Close to the price of SD's...

Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to getting mine. I've been waiting since February.

Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to getting mine. I've been waiting since February.

Ahhh... you finally bit on a set, huh? I should get paid for free advertising for him all the time... LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be shocked if you don't like them, especially if you guys spent a lot of time discussing what you were looking for.

I'll be shocked if you don't like them, especially if you guys spent a lot of time discussing what you were looking for.

I think there were at least 15 emails, back and forth, covering details, etc. Great guy to deal with.

Back