Incoming NGD

Sorry to resurrect an old thread (I'm new to the forum).

I cannot for the life of me, make up my mind between the new Modern Eagle V (which i love) or the Custom 24 (which i love). The Custom 24 comes with the maple fretboard, which I love, but also the wide thin neck.

I'm confused about the Modern Eagle V's neck. What would be the neck profile? And how would that compare to the Wide thin (that I've played/tried). Thank you for your advice and replies.
Welcome!
Neck shape on a MEV is listed as Pattern. That is equivalent to the older wide/fat. Not a baseball bat, but chunkier than the Custom 24.

Welcome!
Neck shape on a MEV is listed as Pattern. That is equivalent to the older wide/fat. Not a baseball bat, but chunkier than the Custom 24.
Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. Hmm yeh I think the 24 may be the shape I'm looking for.

I own an LP Standard - had that thing for 20 years since new. Never really been able to love it (and it's horrendous to keep in tune). But not because of the 60s neck. I have a Japanese Strat I got new from my dad in 1985/86. Now that's a lovely neck. But I used to gig with my 1991 Patrick Eggle that has a neck like a mandolin.

I've not really played much PRS guitars, and where I live, I don't have access to guitar shops that stock them to try them all. But I've always loved the look and sound of them. So decided to go for it. But deciding which one!! - I really should have a play!

I've not really played much PRS guitars, and where I live, I don't have access to guitar shops that stock them to try them all. But I've always loved the look and sound of them. So decided to go for it. But deciding which one!! - I really should have a play!
If possible, I'd suggest ordering from an online dealer with a good return policy. Try it, if it's not for you send it back. (but you'll probably want to keep it, and order more PRS :D )

Back