NGD - 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24

I still have my 35th Anniversary 24-08 Core and won't be letting it go anytime soon, but I will say, I do like the control layout of the regular Custom 24 that the S2 has a little better because it's easier for me to flip from bridge to neck pickup on the fly.
That was my thinking, too.

Well, she's here and she's been jail broke after the three hours inside my house per the warning label on the box. Here she is!!! Sadly, pics don't do justice to the top. It's was shipped tuned down a half step (probably to reduce the risk of breaking the neck during shipping), and after fine tuning it to Eb standard and plugging in, I can say that the 10th Anniversary S2 Custom REALLY closes the gap between the S2 and the Core. It sounds DANGEROUSLY good!

Untitled by Marc Wienkowitz, on Flickr

I think I may add the John Mann brass block and saddles. I'm certain that after that, it's going to be dead nuts even with my Core Custom 24 35th Anniversary.
What kind of strap do you use for yours? Can't seem to find anything that goes, apart from black.

What kind of strap do you use for yours? Can't seem to find anything that goes, apart from black.
I'm just using a basic black leather strap at the moment. I have been keeping my eye out for something with a little more flare though.

I'm just using a basic black leather strap at the moment. I have been keeping my eye out for something with a little more flare though.
Yeah, I'd like to do the same. Not sure what would go. Maybe some other type of blue?

Well, she's here and she's been jail broke after the three hours inside my house per the warning label on the box. Here she is!!! Sadly, pics don't do justice to the top. It's was shipped tuned down a half step (probably to reduce the risk of breaking the neck during shipping), and after fine tuning it to Eb standard and plugging in, I can say that the 10th Anniversary S2 Custom REALLY closes the gap between the S2 and the Core. It sounds DANGEROUSLY good!

I think I may add the John Mann brass block and saddles. I'm certain that after that, it's going to be dead nuts even with my Core Custom 24 35th Anniversary.
A beauty!

Boy it sure does satisfy the eye appeal! I absolutely LOVE mine after a nut change to bone. I think it’s my number ONE now…….don't tell my Pauls Guitar :eek:

Boy it sure does satisfy the eye appeal! I absolutely LOVE mine after a nut change to bone. I think it’s my number ONE now…….don't tell my Pauls Guitar :eek:
How does the bone nut do with the trem bridge, or did you block the trem?

Back