Incoming NGD

MarcWink

In addition to my replacement SE Silver Sky coming in, I've also got a Lake Blue 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 incoming. It should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to checking this out and seeing how an S2 Custom 24 with Core 85/15 TCI pickups stacks up to my Core 35th Anniversary Custom 24 with the same pickups.

Looking forward to checking this out and seeing how an S2 Custom 24 with Core 85/15 TCI pickups stacks up to my Core 35th Anniversary Custom 24 with the same pickups.
Congrats!

Definitely post, in addition to pics, your comparison report of the Core TCI pups in the S2. Thinking of using a similar set for upgrading my S2 McCarty.

Pics are definitely come...tone comparison too between my Core 85/15 TCI 35th Anniversary and the new 10th Anniversary S2. The only thing I'll preface the comparison with now, however, is the comparison will happen with different strings on each. The 10th will have the 10-46 strings that it ships with and will simply be shifted down a half step as my final setup will be for 10-52 down a whole step and my 35th Anniversary will be with it's present setup of 10-52 half down from standard. Regardless, I think that the setups will be close enough that a pretty good comparison can be made.

I got my shipping confirmation this morning the guitar is due to arrive Tuesday...then it's going to have to sit in my house overnight so the finish can stabilize to the inside temperature versus outside temperature, so sadly, I won't be able to open her up until after work on Wednesday afternoon. :confused:. I am really looking forward to getting her in hand though. I must admit, however, I am a little nervous since this will be my first ever experience with the Wide/Thin or Pattern Thin neck profile. I assume it's going to be somewhere between my Wide/Fat necks on my Custom 22 and CE 22 and the Wizard Prestige neck on my Ibanez.

The wide/thin on my SE CU24 and the pattern/thin on my core CU24-08 are not quite as slim as a wizard neck, and they don't have the flatish back of the neck that the wizard necks have either. The wizard necks are a bit too thin for me to really like, but the wide/thin and pattern/thin necks feel really comfy IMO.

FYI, I also don't care for Les Paul necks. I know there are a lot of folks that love the chunkier necks. I've never been able to really bond with those necks.

Out of the 2, I prefer the pattern/thin over the wide/thin, but it might be because my pattern/thin is a rosewood neck. lol

Congrats!

The WT or PT isn't really thin. Think more like a modern strat neck. Definitely nothing wizard about it. It's more in terms of PRS naming. It's a thinner version of pattern than a thin neck.

Congrats!

The WT or PT isn't really thin. Think more like a modern strat neck. Definitely nothing wizard about it. It's more in terms of PRS naming. It's a thinner version of pattern than a thin neck.
Unfortunately, I can't compare to a modern Strat neck as I've never played a modern Strat...between Fender and Gibson, I always opted for a Gibson. How would the Pattern Thin compare to something like a Gibson 60's Slim Taper?

Unfortunately, I can't compare to a modern Strat neck as I've never played a modern Strat...between Fender and Gibson, I always opted for a Gibson. How would the Pattern Thin compare to something like a Gibson 60's Slim Taper?
In the ballpark of 60s, a hair thinner. I've had a couple that were about there and others a bit thinner. Necks are hand sanded with variances.

I got my shipping confirmation this morning the guitar is due to arrive Tuesday...then it's going to have to sit in my house overnight so the finish can stabilize to the inside temperature versus outside temperature, so sadly, I won't be able to open her up until after work on Wednesday afternoon. :confused:. I am really looking forward to getting her in hand though. I must admit, however, I am a little nervous since this will be my first ever experience with the Wide/Thin or Pattern Thin neck profile. I assume it's going to be somewhere between my Wide/Fat necks on my Custom 22 and CE 22 and the Wizard Prestige neck on my Ibanez.
K it's thursday, unbox that puppy and let us have a look.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread (I'm new to the forum).

I cannot for the life of me, make up my mind between the new Modern Eagle V (which i love) or the Custom 24 (which i love). The Custom 24 comes with the maple fretboard, which I love, but also the wide thin neck.

I'm confused about the Modern Eagle V's neck. What would be the neck profile? And how would that compare to the Wide thin (that I've played/tried). Thank you for your advice and replies.

Back