Next arrow for the quiver?

What would be the best complement to my current roster?

• DGT

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Hollowbody II Piezo

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Special Semi-hollow

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Damn that is spectacular!!! I think you made the right choice...

Can't wait for the day I'm able to join the HBII club
I hope so - don't let your HBII dreams be dreams!

Congrats! That is beautiful and one of my favorite finishes.

What year is it? It looks like an artist pack. I see it has the older knobs on it too.
Good eye - according to the seller it is a 2006 artist package! I'm very curious to see how I like the McCarty Archtop pick-ups as there seem to be mixed feelings about them on this forum. Very stoked about the look because I've been fiending for a more classic finish to contrast with my purples, oranges, and blues!

I hope so - don't let your HBII dreams be dreams!

Good eye - according to the seller it is a 2006 artist package! I'm very curious to see how I like the McCarty Archtop pick-ups as there seem to be mixed feelings about them on this forum. Very stoked about the look because I've been fiending for a more classic finish to contrast with my purples, oranges, and blues!
I have not played the archtop pickups. I remember there being some mixed reactions to them. My HBII has 57/08 pickups in it. They work very well in the HB guitars.

Santana
HB II
I ended up springing for the HB II! Maybe a Santana is further on down the line when the itch needs scratching again.
Well, thanks all for your inputs - ultimately I decided to go for a HBII Piezo for the tonal variety it offers and because I found a stunning specimen for a very tempting price. And now we wait!

gkif1vkplgjwt5jpaujm.jpg

The old GAS itch has surfaced once again and I find myself compulsively browsing reverb for another PRS that rounds out my current collection. Looking for thoughts and votes on what should come next!

Current collection for reference:
- Custom 22 stoptail w/ 57/08 neck & 59/09 bridge
- Custom 24 35th anniversary (24/08 basically) w/ TCI 85/15 pickups
- Custom 24 Floyd w/ \m/ pickups
- McCarty 594 DC w/ TCI 58/15LT pickups
- Rosewood Silver Sky
I don't see a Studio on that list.

I voted for "something else", the something else I'd recommend is the NF-53 as something that is totally different from what's presently in your stable. I'm eyeballing one myself at the moment.

I don't see a Studio on that list.
Yeah, I shy away from 3-pickup guitars because they get in the way of my picking. Not sure why the silver sky doesn’t bother me the same way!

A Santana
Some day! In fact there’s a nice retro up on reverb for under 3k… but I don’t think my wife would be too pleased after just purchasing another 35th anniversary.

That’s really really pretty. I am assuming the light spot in the darker cherry area in that upper cutaway is just lighting/glare and not the dreaded finish haze?

Unless that was part of the sale/deal, and who cares if you dig it anyway.

Having had a couple with it now, I’m always eyeballing any older guitars for it now. An unhealthy hangup i have, probably.

-e.

Santana or hollowbody...

Or the Santana semi-hollowbody :p
I went with the hollowbody II pictured below! But a Santana hollowbody does exist out there... Just out of my price range!

QBqolCF.jpg

That’s really really pretty. I am assuming the light spot in the darker cherry area in that upper cutaway is just lighting/glare and not the dreaded finish haze?

Unless that was part of the sale/deal, and who cares if you dig it anyway.

Having had a couple with it now, I’m always eyeballing any older guitars for it now. An unhealthy hangup i have, probably.

-e.
That particular spot isn't hazing, just glare! There are a few spots with finish hazing, but thankfully they're hard to see. I think one on the lower edge of the right f-hole and 1 or 2 others on the maple binding, not positive and I can't check because it's out at the PTC currently getting some 58/15LTs and coil taps. Nothing I really notice though when playing it!

Back