Prs 2020 new models hopes

I'm still waiting for a 594 Trem, maybe as a limited run.

I also saw that the McCarty models traded the phase III locking tuners for vintage keys. I get the vintage vibe, but I don't like it.

I also saw that the McCarty models traded the phase III locking tuners for vintage keys. I get the vintage vibe, but I don't like it.

I hear ya. I've been dragging my feet on getting a 594... basically because they're expensive and I've been so happy especially with my S2's. I'm planning on going to Experience 2020 and likely getting a 594 (although I will try some other things too). I wasn't super excited to see the vintage tuners back on them. I like the functionality of the locking screw on the Phase II/III's, and much prefer the feel (which is silly, I admit, because it's not like I play the tuners). But the biggest thing is, I've noticed that vintage tuners sound different. Less grunt and punch, more airy mids and top end chime. I have them on my ZM, had them on a Mira X I used to own, and have tried them on the SE Paul's guitar, and they all had a similar character in that way. I don't hate the sound, it has its place and it's one of the things that gives the ZM some differentiation and a different "place" in my lineup, but it's not my preferred thing.

Now, all that being said, the new 594 demo did sound freaking incredible, and I'm not ruling it out on the basis of tuners! Gotta try one.

Sweetwater just did a price drop on all the S2 singlecut models???? Speculation??

Hmm, they sure did. It could be a planned change to the 58/15S from the current #7's they're still using in those, just trying to get rid of stock before they change over? Or my fantasy is coming true and they're going to a 2 piece bridge. Or both.

Maple neck/fretboard CE model with 57/08 bridge and two SS single coils. 5 way plus coil split on the bridge. Would make me forget about getting a Silver Sky for ever!
Forgot... maple neck, maple board PATTERN REGULAR neck. Just EXACTLY like my NF3!

S2 Singlecuts aren't on the 2020 S2 product page - I suppose that means that all 4 S2 Singlecut models are gone for 2020.

Or there might be new ones that aren't announced yet*. That kind of thing has happened before.

(*) Disclaimer: I have no (zero, nada, none) inside knowledge of such things. I've just watched this company for a long time.

Or there might be new ones that aren't announced yet*. That kind of thing has happened before.

(*) Disclaimer: I have no (zero, nada, none) inside knowledge of such things. I've just watched this company for a long time.

Please let this be the case!!!! S2 singlecut semi hollow in Burnt Amber Burst and 58/15 "S" pups, and I will order as soon as they go on sale!

With the popularity of Wood Library, I don't think the Artist Package option is as relevant any more.

It kinda is if you’re looking for something in particular. WL is great and all but, you’re stuck with whatever the dealer chooses.

So if I want a Gold Top Santana with a rosewood neck and an ebony fingerboard for instance, I gotta wait for a Japanese dealer to decide that’d be dope.

It kinda is if you’re looking for something in particular. WL is great and all but, you’re stuck with whatever the dealer chooses.

So if I want a Gold Top Santana with a rosewood neck and an ebony fingerboard for instance, I gotta wait for a Japanese dealer to decide that’d be dope.

True, it definitely limits that ability for customers. But considering how long it takes them to turn orders around these days, I think it makes sense to eliminate some of the special-order demand. It's a tough position to be in; they are always balancing a mix of demand for options, turn-around time, price, and quality. We all know quality is top of the pyramid, but they have to make hard decisions on the rest.

True, it definitely limits that ability for customers. But considering how long it takes them to turn orders around these days, I think it makes sense to eliminate some of the special-order demand. It's a tough position to be in; they are always balancing a mix of demand for options, turn-around time, price, and quality. We all know quality is top of the pyramid, but they have to make hard decisions on the rest.

That and I’m sure WL and the recent AP stuff cuts into PS a little bit.

I mean, some of the guitars I’m seeing from those two options blur the lines quite a bit, and they’re priced new like used PS’s.

Good point - I've been away from following PRS for about a decade now; I don't know how they add/remove things from the website these days.

Personally I hope they are coming back - the S2 Singlecut Standard Satin was on my radar screen for my "next PRS".

Please let this be the case!!!! S2 singlecut semi hollow in Burnt Amber Burst and 58/15 "S" pups, and I will order as soon as they go on sale!

That would be a good choice.

As far as speculating goes: While I really don't see them making an S2 Singlecut 594 - just because the S2 line is all 25" scale Pattern neck shape to keep the costs within a price range - but that would be a possible reason for them dropping the existing models so they can tool up to do a Singlecut 594 in the S2 range later in 2020 or for 2021.

With the popularity of Wood Library, I don't think the Artist Package option is as relevant any more.

Yeah, coupled with the fact that WL runs have the option of 10-tops or Artist tops, APs sort of losing it's appeal imo.
Since its introduction in 2012, surprised to see there hasn't been any tweaks/updates?
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/news/story/prs_artist_package

Other than the AP standard specs (ebony fretboard, green abalone inlays and gold hardware), WL is much more enticing given the wide range of variety of selections and combinations which bring it closer to PS level than AP can.

Yeah, coupled with the fact that WL runs have the option of 10-tops or Artist tops, APs sort of losing it's appeal imo.
Since its introduction in 2012, surprised to see there hasn't been any tweaks/updates?
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/news/story/prs_artist_package

Other than the AP standard specs (ebony fretboard, green abalone inlays and gold hardware), WL is much more enticing given the wide range of variety of selections and combinations which bring it closer to PS level than AP can.
I ordered a guitar, non-10-top, specifically because the AP upgrade, as a premium to the 10-top, would put the guitar into a price range I couldn't justify, especially since the wood options were limited on that particular model. So I'd rather have a guitar I can play, not feel too paranoid about the finish, and have enough cash left over for another half of a guitar (or a bargain used core).

When I really want to splurge, I'll get on board another WL run I suspect.

Last edited:
Back