Finally, I´ll go for my first PRS!

Tuning stability on the CE 24 is not an issue. I dropped all my floyd guitars after buying a CE. Floyd's are a pain, but IME don't hold their tuning much better than a well set up PRS trem

Last edited:
The choice between a CE24 and Dustin would boil down to preference . The standard PRS trem is quite stable. The choice will boil down to
- do you prefer thinner neck and higher output pickups (Waring) or fatter neck, more versatile pickups (regular ce)
- Floyd or regular PRS trem
- gloss body finish or satin (Waring)
- maple or rosewood fretboard

With my current preferences I would go Waring but these differences are distinct enough to make one pop to most
Thank you!

Tuning stability on the CE 24 is not an issue. I dropped all my floyd guitars after buying a CE. Floyd's are a pain, but IME don't hold their tuning much better than a we'll set up PRS trem
Interesting. But I believe you can´t use the trem as "wildly" as a FR, right?

Interesting. But I believe you can´t use the trem as "wildly" as a FR, right?

My CE24 has handled all my trem abuse a proper setup to my gauge of strings and a little silicone grease on a toothpick in the nut slots. Sold my Floyd’s when I got my first PRS trem guitar.
I'd say it handles abuse very well. I am not the wildest of abusers, and am no Herman Li, but I did some experiments. The PRS trem never let me down.

And now you have 2 endorsements ;-)

I've been looking for the perfect CE for a long time. I also have wanted a DW for my Floyd guitar for years. I've played dozens of DWs and far faaaar more of the various incarnations of CE.

One day I found a great deal on a 30th SE Floyd. Man, what an excellent guitar out the box (my personal best SE to date). I've tweaked and modded that thing many times over, in the end searching for it to be my "DW". I put full CE DW electronics including pickups, satinized the neck, and swapped everything, I mean everything, else out while at it. Since complete I've tried to convince myself to pick up a DW many times, but after playing one I prefer mine and definitely can't justify the cost. The DW is an excellent guitar, and if I was to do it over I'd probably just pick up a used DW. There's no way I'd pay the current "listed" new prices for one. At that asking I'd get a used Core Cu24 Floyd all day every day.

Basically all I'm saying is today I wouldn't trade my beast of a SE Floyd in it's current modded state for a DW, but I would for a Core Cu24 Floyd. To do it over I'd just wait for a used DW at the right price or save for a Core Cu24 and wait for the right one at a fair price.

Pickups.. 85/15 are good and we have a love hate relationship. The DW tomahawks are amazing pickups. They are very very versatile. I was comparing the DW and 85/15 last night in multiple profiles and in almost every instance I preferred the DW over 85/15. They are different pickups for sure and are in different guitars, but the DW tomahawks are some of my favorites in the stable. Definitely not a one trick pony.

Last edited:
Also take into consideration the Dustie has a different neck carve than the stock Ce24.
If you are an Ibanez player you might feel more at home with the Dustie neck carve...
My advice is if you can find a local dealer that might have both in stock to do a side by side comparison..

If you want an SE 24-fretter, also consider an SE Custom 24/08, or a 2nd-hand SE Cu 24 35th Anniversary. For the switching flexibility on both. Also, the 35th has pretty, pretty Pāua birds.

SE's and S2's share the same hardware. And a PRS floating tremolo has the same design on SE+S2 vs. Core models (although different materials). But the CE 24 has the same imported SE+S2 tremolo (although U.S.-wound pickups). Tuning stability "in use" is renowned on all of them.

I own a bunch of upgraded 22-fret SE's. Then I bought an SE Cu 22, which changed my whole ear. Love it so much (with stock 85/15 S pickups) that I bought a 2nd one to upgrade with DiMarzio's. For the extra 2 frets on 24-fret PRSi, you sacrifice some tonal richness, because the neck pup is further from the nut. (You can hear this by picking in different positions on any guitar.) Happy motoring!

Also take into consideration the Dustie has a different neck carve than the stock Ce24.
If you are an Ibanez player you might feel more at home with the Dustie neck carve...
My advice is if you can find a local dealer that might have both in stock to do a side by side comparison..
Thank you.

My ce24 is amazing. I love it.

But the tuning stability is not good. My mod shop tele and custom shop strat have much better tuning stability. I’m always re tuning my CE 24

Back