Prs 2020 new models hopes

Beautiful guitar. PRS does not offer you the option of going with a stoptail bridge on a Custom 24 anymore. They used to, but now, it's only available on Private Stocks if you want new. Every now and then, a P24 stoptail, mira 24 stoptail, or something along those lines pops up on reverb. But they are rare for sure.
I know, but be patient, they do show up. The Mira has always been a stoptail so if you find an original Core, you get your 24 frets and a stoptail, and they come up on the used market often. For the Cu24 stoptail, I was looking for about 10 years before this one showed up. Just lucky it happened to be an artist as well. Love that guitar. I put 59/09's in it and they are really powerful. I have to re-EQ the amp when I pull that one out.

I know, but be patient, they do show up. The Mira has always been a stoptail so if you find an original Core, you get your 24 frets and a stoptail, and they come up on the used market often. For the Cu24 stoptail, I was looking for about 10 years before this one showed up. Just lucky it happened to be an artist as well. Love that guitar. I put 59/09's in it and they are really powerful. I have to re-EQ the amp when I pull that one out.
Oh, I get it. I'm not the OP though, so I'm not the one looking for one. I was just stating that PRS doesn't give that option anymore. I wish they did though. Maybe in 2020!

I ended up being blessed enough to have 4 hardtail 24 fret PRSs, so I feel very fortunate to have been in a position to make that happen.

Bring back the 305 with those fancy new single coils from the Modern Eagle V please!

It looks like the 2020 Core models are all Nitro over Cellulose finish and I also notice that the 594 has dropped the locking tuners for 'vintage' style...

I was gassing for 594 Hollowbody ii but put off by Vintage tuners and the Nitro finish - I like the hard finishes as they don't age and protect the finish and guitar better...

I maybe alone in this, but I am not sure I am happy with the changes for 2020... Obviously I will have to find out more about this finish but right now, I am not sure a 2020 PRS will be added to my collection...

I like the sound of nitro over cellulose returning, I love the feel of my original DGT. But can someone explain to me what all this "TCI" business is with the pickups across the range? What does it mean exactly?

Back