My DGT SE Experience and impartial review

Just took delivery of my SE DGT today. Straight back in it’s bag and shipping carton ready to be returned!

The fretwork is without doubt the worst I have come across in nearly 30 years of playing. Even my sons £100 starter guitar has better fretwork!

Similar experience with a Silver Sky I played in a shop a few days ago.

However, to be completely fair to PRS, I also played a couple of McCarty SE’s and they were a delight!

Update on mine. Resoldered all the suspect joints an no more intermittant signal. Still loving it.
I replaced the wire harness on my DGT SE.

temp-Imageo-Wg-Yh-O.avif

Last edited:
Just took delivery of my SE DGT today. Straight back in it’s bag and shipping carton ready to be returned!

The fretwork is without doubt the worst I have come across in nearly 30 years of playing. Even my sons £100 starter guitar has better fretwork!

Similar experience with a Silver Sky I played in a shop a few days ago.

However, to be completely fair to PRS, I also played a couple of McCarty SE’s and they were a delight!
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your DGT. I purchased one in February and it plays and sounds great. The frets are taller and the neck is fat on this guitar as per David Grissom specifications.

3 out of 4 SE’s I’ve bought online have nut binding issues. Once that minor issue is resolved by sanding / filing, all have been a delight to own. And two in particular have become as delightful as my private stocks - a Bernie and a 594.

My advice, credibly authorised by personal battle scars and such, would be to buy in person. Test out everything, especially tuning stability.

Main thing to note about SE’s is, when they’re good, they’re REALLY good. It’s a matter of getting to that gem in person.

Back