DGT SE Goodness

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
WOW! That's all I got after last night's rehearsal. I took my Gold Top DGT SE. I've owned this guitar for a few weeks, and this was the first time I've gotten to use it. We've been working in a new drummer (He is AWESOME by the way), and working through our extensive song list with him. Last night he was ready for "Good Day For The Blues" by Storyville/Grissom. I capo'd up and we went for it. HOLY *&%##)*&^! THERE was the sound! I've watched the live cut of this song from Austin City Limits countless times, and for the first time my tone was at least in the same realm as David's! This guitar is amazing, it doesn't feel any less in any way to my Core models (I don't own a Core DGT). Literally, I couldn't believe it. They did their homework on this thing!
FYSTgUo.jpg

Last edited:
Yes sir. The SE DGT is a beast. I'm serious when I say that moving my MEV for the 4 SE guitars (plus cash) was the BEST thing I did in a long time. While mine is "upgraded" I could have CERTAINLY kept it stock and been happy. So much so, that I didn't change pickups. The DGT "S" pickups RIP. I like them better than the Core DGT pickups (I had a VERY hard time adjusting to my Artist Package DGT).

Yes sir. The SE DGT is a beast. I'm serious when I say that moving my MEV for the 4 SE guitars (plus cash) was the BEST thing I did in a long time. While mine is "upgraded" I could have CERTAINLY kept it stock and been happy. So much so, that I didn't change pickups. The DGT "S" pickups RIP. I like them better than the Core DGT pickups (I had a VERY hard time adjusting to my Artist Package DGT).
I've got a set of lockers waiting to go in, but that's purely for ease of use changing strings. It stays in tune great with the stockers.

My DGT has quickly become my go-to guitar. It does everything.

From what I can tell in demos, the SE DGT is also a superb guitar. How great is it to have exactly what you were looking for in your hands? For me, it's pure joy, and I hope yours continues to give you all the playing happiness there is!

WOW! That's all I got after last night's rehearsal. I took my Gold Top DGT SE. I've owned this guitar for a few weeks, and this was the first time I've gotten to use it. We've been working in a new drummer (He is AWESOME by the way), and working through our extensive song list with him. Last night he was ready for "Good Day For The Blues" by Storyville/Grissom. I capo'd up and we went for it. HOLY *&%##)*&^! THERE was the sound! I've watched the live cut of this song from Austin City Limits countless times, and for the first time my tone was at least in the same realm and David's! This guitar is amazing, it doesn't feel any less in any way to my Core models (I don't own a Core DGT). Literally, I couldn't believe it. They did their homework on this thing!
FYSTgUo.jpg
Nice.
I’ll bite. What’s with the foam block?

Back