NGDx2 Non 10 tops PG and DGT FTW

jeffroel

So, I had no intentions of getting new guitars after getting a SSH last December. That guitar is great and covers some sounds I’ve never been able to get from any other PRS.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I’ve sold some of my gear I wasn’t using anymore and with some disposable Income I started looking for what PRS were available in Europe. In the end, in the lapse is 2 weeks I’ve bought a Paul’s Guitar and a Core DGT

Starting with the Paul’s Guitar, I’ve had in the past other versions of the PG (namely a Experience 2018 limited and a 2020 core PG) and I was missing he versatility of the switching as well as the percussive sounds you can get from the TCI pickups. One guitar popped out from a dealer in Spain at a price I couldn’t resist. Long story short, it’s the best Paul’s Guitar I’ve played. I was a bit scared of buying sight unseen since I’ve seen some examples lately with a bit disappointing tops, but this one is perfect in every way, and the Honduran rosewood of the fretboard is spectacular (IMO with a figure that could be PS grade)

After one week, I’m surfing the web and I see a DGT, moon inlays, mccarty sunburst, and a top that is the perfect example of a classic top, figured but classy. Could not resist the urge to buy it, and with the experience of having a mmm SE DGT I knew this would be a step up, and it does not disappoint at all.

Still on my honeymoon with both guitars, but really happy with what PRS is building lately (both are late ‘23 builds). The only issue I have is with the DGT that has a minor lacquer chipping close to the nut. Not something that bothers me enough to return the guitar, that plays and sound gorgeous.

And now, if you have read through all my text, the pics to show the bling
Ut3OAbr.jpeg

PjJfw1p.jpeg

tUzdQjg.jpeg

IQoQLo8.jpeg

Qaux8nM.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats! That PG is stunning - terrific figure on the fretboard and love the grain pattern with the black gold stain! Love the classic figuring with mineral streaks on the DGT. Unintentional shopping is the best :)

Congratulations! They look amazing! I’m interested in your thoughts regarding the differences between the DGT and Paul’s guitar. I have a couple of DGT‘s and a Studio. I love these guitars! I’m planning on getting a Paul guitar for a couple of reasons:

- The humbucking / single coil sounds from the 408 pickups.
- The tuning stability / simplicity of a non-tremolo for switching between tunings

Fantastic guitars! The fretboard on the Paul's Guitar is amazing. Both instruments are beautiful. Congratulations!

So, I had no intentions of getting new guitars after getting a SSH last December. That guitar is great and covers some sounds I’ve never been able to get from any other PRS.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I’ve sold some of my gear I wasn’t using anymore and with some disposable Income I started looking for what PRS were available in Europe. In the end, in the lapse is 2 weeks I’ve bought a Paul’s Guitar and a Core DGT

Starting with the Paul’s Guitar, I’ve had in the past other versions of the PG (namely a Experience 2018 limited and a 2020 core PG) and I was missing he versatility of the switching as well as the percussive sounds you can get from the TCI pickups. One guitar popped out from a dealer in Spain at a price I couldn’t resist. Long story short, it’s the best Paul’s Guitar I’ve played. I was a bit scared of buying sight unseen since I’ve seen some examples lately with a bit disappointing tops, but this one is perfect in every way, and the Honduran rosewood of the fretboard is spectacular (IMO with a figure that could be PS grade)

After one week, I’m surfing the web and I see a DGT, moon inlays, mccarty sunburst, and a top that is the perfect example of a classic top, figured but classy. Could not resist the urge to buy it, and with the experience of having a mmm SE DGT I knew this would be a step up, and it does not disappoint at all.

Still on my honeymoon with both guitars, but really happy with what PRS is building lately (both are late ‘23 builds). The only issue I have is with the DGT that has a minor lacquer chipping close to the nut. Not something that bothers me enough to return the guitar, that plays and sound gorgeous.

Ut3OAbr.jpeg

PjJfw1p.jpeg

tUzdQjg.jpeg

IQoQLo8.jpeg

Qaux8nM.jpeg
SWEET !!!!! Congrats

Ut3OAbr.jpeg

PjJfw1p.jpeg

tUzdQjg.jpeg

IQoQLo8.jpeg

Qaux8nM.jpeg
They look gorgeous to me!!

That's fretboard man! Worth the purchase for that alone. Killer

Back