Prs 2020 new models hopes

13bats

first off i am drooling at the CE24
DW being made permanent

Wondering what else may come

Would love to see some new colors on the CE purple, more smokebursts. , ebony neck

Also a Silversky SE

What do you guys hope for ?

1.DC 22
2.West Street
3.Santana 24frets stoptail
4.Tremonti stoptail (dont see these in stock anymore..)
5. Sonzera 1watt (with spring reverb)

that is my Santa's list :)

Only thing I want is the 594 Hollowbody ii in Fire Red Burst. Since these were announced at 2019 NAMM, I am yet to see one for sale in the UK.

Its difficult to think of anything I want from PRS that isn't in their current line-up, a variation on that (like a Cu22-08 for example) or that they have previously made that I want to see return. A surprise, like the Special Semi-Hollow, which is something I didn't know I wanted until it was made, is all I can think of that I would want. I know I don't want a PRS V, PRS Explorer or some offset body type at all.

If I had to pick something that isn't currently offered, I would love a 594 Hollowbody ii with Piezo. 5 knobs - the 4 you get with the 594 and 1 volume for the Piezo with the addition of the 3 way mini toggle like the HBii. I know that would likely mean the Tune-o-matic bridge being replaced with the same bridge you get on the HBii but that's all I would want that doesn't currently exist in their line-up. I would even accept a PRS Experience Ltd Edition (in Fire Red Burst) version too - as long as it comes to the UK....

Main thing I'm hoping is they update the SE 245 to be more in line with the SC 594. I'd love to see a 2 piece bridge and the 58/15s pickups. Bonus points if they change the controls to match! New colors and models in S2 line would be cool too.

Need a custom 24 (or SE, S2, CE - 24 frets) with stoptail option! i am tired of waiting forever for these to show up on Reverb they are so rare. Can't a man just drop D whenever he wants and not have to retune?

Need a custom 24 (or SE, S2, CE - 24 frets) with stoptail option! i am tired of waiting forever for these to show up on Reverb they are so rare. Can't a man just drop D whenever he wants and not have to retune?
Why not go for an Artist Package Core Cu24 Stoptail?
L2ysOki.jpg

I played a Silver Sky last weekend. I was surprised at how comfortable I was with the neck. If they made an SE version I’d be all over that. I’m also kinda stoked for the Mira SE. I love the idea of 22 frets, stoptail and a wide/thin neck.

Still waiting on a core or S2 singlecut trem with 24 frets. Bonus points if there's a core with 7 strings, as PRS could definitely be better off with more ERG offerings as production models.

Last edited:
Would it surprise anyone if the Special Semi-Hollow became a core model?

To be honest, I would be surprised if this was added to the core line. Its a 'Limited Edition' run - for those that managed to buy one - and to make it part of the core line would stop it being a Limited Edition. Its possible they could do something different - maybe a single coil in the middle or more likely, remove the middle pick-up altogether and make it a Custom 22-08. Another option could be to make it solid - so the Limited Edition variant is the Semi-hollow build. I think a 22-08 would be most likely - after all, there is a Custom 24-08.

Back