PRS CE Models 00's 10's 20's Comparisons?

2 hesitations...
1. I really like the way the trem bridge sits on PRSi even if I never use them
2. Is there enough if a tone difference between a 'hog CE and my Standard 22?
I'd pass because of the stoptail. Even though I don't use my trem all that much. It's so damn comfy, dig the tone, and damn it I want options!

I debate back and forth on a hog CE and standard myself. One of the two will be added this year. There's enough of a difference to justify both, but I'm far from the point that I need to add guitars to cover ground. Smaller differences don't justify purchases for me anymore.

Well... the only justification I have now is loving guitars and wanting another variation of PRS. I lean towards the trem model as well, especially as it's a beautiful trans cherry red, kinda what I always think of as an original-style PRS. I also missed out on an 88 Special very recently in CR, that's gonna haunt me for a long while.

2 hesitations...
1. I really like the way the trem bridge sits on PRSi even if I never use them
2. Is there enough if a tone difference between a 'hog CE and my Standard 22?

There’s plenty of difference tone-wise and feel-wise. There’s a ton of CE-22’S with trems out there, a stoptail is a rare find.

There's less because a trem is better :)
There’s plenty of difference tone-wise and feel-wise. There’s a ton of CE-22’S with trems out there, a stoptail is a rare find.
Guess I'll just have to pony up and them both. LOL

Waiting for answers to a question or two but leaning trem... better shape, more attractive, has OHSC and candy. The stoptail is a bit beat, replacent PIII tuners (extra holes) and ships in a generic gig bag, only a tiny bit cheaper.

I'm not one of the "Dungeons and Dragons" PRS users...in other words, I'm not one of the particularly smart people on the planet.

So, I say with no defense prepared, the current version of the CEs feel like a shrinkflation version of the old CE.
The new ones are not the same quality, more like S2s or SEs. I like my one S2, but it's not in the same class as the older 'cores' I have.

The new one and the old one are just plain different guitars. The name is the same. That seems to bother some folks.

Back