2008 CE-22 with Seth Lovers

Fatherjones.com

IMG_4244.jpeg
I have had a bunch of PRSi over the decades. Until the 57/08 was introduced -- and then the DGT -- I never liked the pickups on them. I have tried different ones over the years, various Dragons and so forth. One of my favorites has been the old CE-22 series, and when I came across this one locally a couple months ago I put a set of Seth Lovers in it and swapped the switch for a toggle. Man. These pickups in this guitar are perfect. 57/08s would be too ... but I didnt have any. PRS has sooo many great models and pickups out there now, they dont need another ... but honestly this core CE-22 has the perfect combo IMHO of pattern neck, the awesome PRS trem, not a thick body, DOTS! (Moons would be cooler), and the gorgeous McCarty Sunburst ... it would sell I bet if they put them out again. A new 'vintagey vibe' core CE-22, with moons, the original top carve, and 57/08s, and that heavy ass PRS hard case -- for those that dont want a CE-24 and the somewhat nicer core specs.

Last edited:
I have 2 CE22s .. one is a 1994, the other is a 2003 that I just took in on a trade. I love the 1994 w/ the original Dragons. The 2003 .. not so much with the Dragon 2s. I have a set of Thornbuckers and also Wolfetones that i will try .. i may resort a set of Lovers. BY THE WAY .. my 2003 is a clone of yours!

A new 'vintagey vibe' core CE-22, with moons, the original top carve, and 57/08s, and that heavy ass PRS hard case -- for those that dont want a CE-24 and the somewhat nicer core specs.

I think the CE-22 was the most slept-on model in the lineup. Such a killer guitar, superior to the Custom imho. I’d love to see them reissue it with the same Core specs (especially with the Pattern neck and even better, a stoptail) but I’m not holding my breath on that ever happening.

IMG_4244.jpeg
I have had a bunch of PRSi over the decades. Until the 57/08 was introduced -- and then the DGT -- I never liked the pickups on them. I have tried different ones over the years, various Dragons and so forth. One of my favorites has been the old CE-22 series, and when I came across this one locally a couple months ago I put a set of Seth Lovers in it and swapped the switch for a toggle. Man. These pickups in this guitar are perfect. 57/08s would be too ... but I didnt have any. PRS has sooo many great models and pickups out there now, they dont need another ... but honestly this core CE-22 has the perfect combo IMHO of pattern neck, the awesome PRS trem, not a thick body, DOTS! (Moons would be cooler), and the gorgeous McCarty Sunburst ... it would sell I bet if they put them out again. A new 'vintagey vibe' core CE-22, with moons, the original top carve, and 57/08s, and that heavy ass PRS hard case -- for those that dont want a CE-24 and the somewhat nicer core specs.
On other quick question .. I noticed you do not have the rotary switch. Did you replace it with the 3-way or a 3-way w/a push pull tone pot?

Back