2008 CE-22 - Seth Lovers

Fatherjones.com

IMG_4244.jpeg
I put a set of Seth Lovers in this old beauty. Swapped the selector too. Wouldn't have if they had put 57/08s in it, but an easy fix. Dragon IIs not for me.

IMG_4244.jpeg
I put a set of Seth Lovers in this old beauty. Swapped the selector too. Wouldn't have if they had put 57/08s in it, but an easy fix. Dragon IIs not for me.
The guitar I had with Dragon II pickups was my CU22. I had the PTC put 57/08s in it and that made it much, much better. I have a set of Seth Lovers in a Heritage H157. I had unwanted feedback issues at gig volumes. I swapped them out for a set of Pearly Gates. Those worked much better for me and sounded close to the Seths. I have now swapped them back because I have been thinking of selling the guitar and wanted to put it back to stock.

Gorgeous guitar, how do the SLs work in the guitar?
To my taste they transformed it. But Dragon 2s are just blah to me. The Seths are excellent vintage PAF clones which just opened up this guitar's intrinsic acoustic properties. 57/08 do the same. I dont play gainy stuff so at their debut gig with a large band playing Allmans/Clapton type covers they sounded killer and no trouble with microphonics.

I love Seth's in my Heritage 157. Yes they do feedback being unpotted, but I haven't been playing that loud for years.

To my taste they transformed it. But Dragon 2s are just blah to me. The Seths are excellent vintage PAF clones which just opened up this guitar's intrinsic acoustic properties. 57/08 do the same. I dont play gainy stuff so at their debut gig with a large band playing Allmans/Clapton type covers they sounded killer and no trouble with microphonics.

I imagined as much. Love the older 22 DC offerings by PRS, but lets say I am not a big fan of the DragonII. Replaced them in my older CU22 for wolfetone marshallheads mk2. Wonderful change

If PRS out a core level CE-22 with 57/08s, moons, and nice tops, I bet they'd sell. The S2 series CE-24s are not really the same.

If PRS out a core level CE-22 with 57/08s, moons, and nice tops, I bet they'd sell. The S2 series CE-24s are not really the same.
Well, somehow all the DC22 fret lines were killed in favour of the McC 594 line. I really love my CU22. Very comfortable, great sounding guitar. However with hardtail it is just a thinner McC, with a slightly less massive sound and WT neck. Is it different enough? I guess not

Well, somehow all the DC22 fret lines were killed in favour of the McC 594 line. I really love my CU22. Very comfortable, great sounding guitar. However with hardtail it is just a thinner McC, with a slightly less massive sound and WT neck. Is it different enough? I guess not
I have a 594 and a CU22 and love them both. I like the different control layouts on them. They are two of my most played guitars.

Back