Seth Lovers in a SE McCarty singlecut?

Try the neck pickup height between 3/32" & 1/16" and the bridge pickup between 1/8" & 3/32" from the string. Make sure the string is pushed down at the last fret when taking measurements.
I will give that a try before I switch em out. I set them to spec and did try a range of a full turn of the adjustment screws up and down. I started with these settings: Bridge 2.5/32” treble side, 3.5/32” bass side. Neck 3.5/32” treble side, 4.5/32” bass side.

What are you looking for? Seth's don't do it for me personally; I can't deal with the noise. Wax for this guy. The 58/18LT is a fantastic pickup. Never heard the S. Give a hard look at BKP Mules. Some of the nicest pickups ever made.

Warm but articulate. Good string to string definition with chords. Highs on the mellow side. I usually play edge of breakup to low-mid gain. I’m trying the Seth’s because I have some in another guitar and was going to pull them out of that because it wouldn’t hurt to have something brighter in it.

Warm but articulate. Good string to string definition with chords. Highs on the mellow side. I usually play edge of breakup to low-mid gain. I’m trying the Seth’s because I have some in another guitar and was going to pull them out of that because it wouldn’t hurt to have something brighter in it.
Consider the Onamac Windery Special 59, potted. Incredible definition, creamy high end, superb tone.

So I put the Seth Lovers in and there’s far better balance between neck and bridge. I do however want a bit hotter/thicker/compressed under gain bridge pickup. What are your recommendations? As much as I’d like to try some bare knuckle or boutique, I’d prefer something in the Duncan range do keep the price down. Even something from Tonerider maybe? Thanks

So I put the Seth Lovers in and there’s far better balance between neck and bridge. I do however want a bit hotter/thicker/compressed under gain bridge pickup. What are your recommendations? As much as I’d like to try some bare knuckle or boutique, I’d prefer something in the Duncan range do keep the price down. Even something from Tonerider maybe? Thanks
Seth Lovers are really at the vintage lower end of the spectrum. Look into the Duncan Distortion and the JB. They are both very popular pickups but are going to be a good bit hotter than the Seths.

Suhr Doug Aldrich

My SE Singlecut is with my Tech right now
I'm having Pearly Gates installed
The cheap pickups that were in it had to go
(The PRS pickups were gone when I bought it cheap)
I can't wait
My guitar teacher has an original set of LP 59 pickups in his guitar and the Tone is awesome
I had to go with something similar

My SE Singlecut is with my Tech right now
I'm having Pearly Gates installed
The cheap pickups that were in it had to go
(The PRS pickups were gone when I bought it cheap)
I can't wait
My guitar teacher has an original set of LP 59 pickups in his guitar and the Tone is awesome
I had to go with something similar
I am a fan of the Pearly Gates pickups. They are the closest thing to the Seth Lovers but wax potted. They do sound different than the Seths but I am okay with that. They don't have unwanted feedback issues like I had with the Seths. The output is about the same as the Seth Lovers so they are not really going to offer more of a push for the bridge pickup that the OP is looking for.

So I tried the Seth’s and they were ok but if I dialed my “amps” in so that the bridge wasn’t shrill, the neck was quite flubby. I just put some Slash 2.0’s in it yesterday and it’s fantastic now. Thick but clear in both positions.

Seth Lovers are really at the vintage lower end of the spectrum. Look into the Duncan Distortion and the JB. They are both very popular pickups but are going to be a good bit hotter than the Seths.
Or the Duncan Custom or Custom-Custom. Great punchy bridge pickups..
After many years of using different pickups I think my favorite hot PAF is the 57/08’s from PRS

Or the Duncan Custom or Custom-Custom. Great punchy bridge pickups..
After many years of using different pickups I think my favorite hot PAF is the 57/08’s from PRS
I have a Custom and Custom Custom in a Hamer Monaco Elite that I own. The Custom in the neck works in that guitar. The Custom Custom in the bridge is too bright for my liking. I changed the volume pot on that pickup to darken it up. I wend from a 500k to a 300k in it and that helped a lot. I put the guitar back to stock last year in preparation to sell it but that is another story for another day...It is still here.

Back