If You Only Had 1000 Dollars: SE vs S2?

POLL: If you had only 1000 dollars, would you buy a sweet SE Custom, or a Satin Finish s2?

• Sweet dolled up SE Baby!

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • American Made Satin Finish Plain Jane S2! C'mon man!!

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL, yes, you got it right, but the use of that word... I thought you were joking with me. My bad. I definitely like that satin black. And don't worry, I've lived here for many years and still don't know what all those fancy words mean. :)

I just the heard about the word in one of my job meetings and I thought it sounded cool. Thanks again!

So, what makes your underwear popular in these parts?

If fortune smiles upon you, you can sometimes find S2 SC Standard Gloss finishes used for $1K. I did, and am glad to find one when I did.

Here's the one I'm speaking about:

PI912bX.jpg

As we all know the last year has been a real P.I.T.A for most people. As a guitar tech here in the UK my business has been severly impacted over the course of the pandemic. I work from from home (My wife has cancer) and with no extra money coming in, I had to cull my guitar collection just to stay afloat.

During the cull amongst others I sold off some many guitars I lost track of what I'd sold (73 in 8 months). Yesterday my son was reading some of the forum postings and told me I'd got my posting wrong. He reminided me that I had loaned my S2 Vela to a friend (who due to severe medical issues) is in isolation. I emailed said friend and he joked "I was wondering when you'd ask for it back" I have told him that he can keep it until the current situation is over?

May I present my 2016 S2 Vela
50513248556_58a1859e5e_o.jpg

As we all know the last year has been a real P.I.T.A for most people. As a guitar tech here in the UK my business has been severly impacted over the course of the pandemic. I work from from home (My wife has cancer) and with no extra money coming in, I had to cull my guitar collection just to stay afloat.

During the cull amongst others I sold off some many guitars I lost track of what I'd sold (73 in 8 months). Yesterday my son was reading some of the forum postings and told me I'd got my posting wrong. He reminided me that I had loaned my S2 Vela to a friend (who due to severe medical issues) is in isolation. I emailed said friend and he joked "I was wondering when you'd ask for it back" I have told him that he can keep it until the current situation is over?

May I present my 2016 S2 Vela
50513248556_58a1859e5e_o.jpg
You are very kind. Best of luck, and BTW... your post was #71:cool:

I made the mistake of showing these guys a pic of me in my speedo, and I've been something of a legend ever since. To be honest, it kinda worries me at times. LMAO!!!!

“Legend” may be a tad strong. You’ve achieved a level of renown. A high level to be sure. :cool:

The late rugerpc was a legend. You can look up the pic yourself.

I read this thread with great interest as I was looking at picking up an SE Paul's guitar this week. Went to the local music store and saw an S2 Standard 24 Satin and remembered some of the comments in this thread and played it for about a half an hour...and then bought it. I had no intention of buying it as honestly it's kind of homely compared to the Paul's guitar sexiness but damn this thing is so easy to play and the sustain! Brought it home, oiled the fret board, changed the strings and cleaned it up and she sings! It's my first, but won't be my last, PRS!

I read this thread with great interest as I was looking at picking up an SE Paul's guitar this week. Went to the local music store and saw an S2 Standard 24 Satin and remembered some of the comments in this thread and played it for about a half an hour...and then bought it. I had no intention of buying it as honestly it's kind of homely compared to the Paul's guitar sexiness but damn this thing is so easy to play and the sustain! Brought it home, oiled the fret board, changed the strings and cleaned it up and she sings! It's my first, but won't be my last, PRS!
You have chosen well... and welcome!

“Legend” may be a tad strong. You’ve achieved a level of renown. A high level to be sure. :cool:

The late rugerpc was a legend. You can look up the pic yourself.

Oh “legend” was WAY strong. :D IMOM maybe. LOL

But Ruger??? Dang, I’m going looking now. I mean, you know, some times its the guys you least expect. Like if CandidPicker was a model for one of those testosterone products, with bulging muscles and ripped abs. o_O

Back