Curious if anyone else would like to see interesting variations of Tremonti SE?

hardkase

Hello again, I'm new. I'm curious if anyone would be interested to see new versions of the Tremonti SEs with stop tails, the newer Tremonti S pickups, and the wide/thin neck? What about finishes other than the standard 'charcoal burst'? The gen1s had a nice natural, the gen2s had a nice cherry. There was a 'stealth' model (EU only?) that had a really nice satin finish that would be great. Would anyone else be interested to see someting like a mid-range Tremonti S2 with similar options, maybe an adjustable stoptail, and possibly the Tremonti USA or S pickups?

Last edited:
No offense, but you've been on this board for about 15 minutes and already posted 2 threads about everything you DON'T like about PRS. Maybe you just need to shop for another brand?

You're obviously a true believer. I haven't had that opportunity to become one yet. I might not. This post is a feature request or product suggestion - not a complaint. What's the problem?

Nothing wrong with voicing what you would like to see the company produce! I'm all for more options!

I will say, you're more likely to get responses here by maybe posing it as a question to the group, as in "Who else would like to see....?" Generally, PRS won't come here to cherry-pick build ideas, colors, or anything else for their product lineups. That's all handled in other fields of the company....this is just simply a place for folks who enjoy PRS gear to come and discuss everything from guitars, amps, pedals, and music.

Again, feel free to voice what you'd like to see, I know I do! But being a forum, sometimes how things are worded make all the difference.

All that being said, I don't rock the Tremonti, so it's options are kind of out of my field. One thing I've been saying though for a loooooong time is I'd like to see sparkle finishes more often. You really don't see too many of them out there, and I'd love to have one on stage.

You're obviously a true believer. I haven't had that opportunity to become one yet. I might not. This post is a feature request or product suggestion - not a complaint. What's the problem?

No problem, I appreciate you changing the wording of your OP here. My point was simply that you seemed awfully angry about PRS and devoted your first couple of posts here to complaints. It was a bit like walking into a bar you’ve never been to and saying “the people who own this place suck, who’s with me? Let’s rumble!” As more eloquently expressed above, sometimes it just about tone (pun not intended…I swear :D ). Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and they all have value.

As for being a true believer, nah…but I am somewhat of a convert personally. I do NOT believe everyone needs to or even should play PRS. And those who try and don’t dig ‘em are welcome t give their castoffs to me. ;)

There’s been plenty of more finishes made available thru the years. They’ve even done quilted. I’m sure they will continue to shake it up from time to time. There would likely need to be some kind of update (ie tci process) to motivate any dealer specific runs. I have my doubts they would do a stop tail again. Seems like the SE lineup has expanded a lot recently so I wouldn’t think they would want to add a small variation permanently

Thanks @ElrytNamrogo and I have edited the original post and post title to work with your suggestions a little. I appreciate your feedback.

My pleasure!

Come to think of it...they did make the Baritone Tremonti for a minute....that was a cool model. It was kinda niche, so I'm not sure they'd bring that to the SE or S2 line, although, that seems to be where a lot of the niche stuff is going these days.

My pleasure!

Come to think of it...they did make the Baritone Tremonti for a minute....that was a cool model. It was kinda niche, so I'm not sure they'd bring that to the SE or S2 line, although, that seems to be where a lot of the niche stuff is going these days.
I've been thinking about messin' with a baritone guitar, I'd consider it in the SE line for sure.

What's a Tremonti? An Italian motor scooter?

LoL! Maybe? Mark Tremonti - exCreed, Alter Bridge, & Tremonti (which I imagine you already know). He does great 'shred face'.

143012_0_wide_ver1670286736.jpg@642

Back