How about some humor?

Little girl visits a doctor's office, and says to him, "I don' feel so good..."

Doc puts on his stethoscope and says, "Well, let's have a look-see..."

The girl has a peanut stuffed up her right nostril, a string bean over her left ear, and broccoli in her hair.

The doc steps back and says, "It's obvious. You clearly aren't eating correctly."

Last edited:
Little girl visits a doctor's office, and says to him, "I don' feel so good..."

Doc puts on his stethoscope and say, "Well, let's have a look-see..."

The girl has a peanut stuffed up her right nostril, a string bean over her left ear, and broccoli in her hair.

The doc steps back and says, "It's obvious. You clearly aren't eating correctly."

Embrace the weird, Bob.

Steven Wright I consider weird and unusual humor. I used to think Yankovic was a musical epitome of weird. Along came this forum, which is uniquely weird and unusual in every way, and I learn something new each day. I think many of us have a Ph.D. in weird.

Steven Wright- check
Weird Al - well yeah, it's right there in his name!
This forum... yeah, sometimes. I mean I've had a couple things said about me here that were 100% wrong, untrue or even the opposite of the truth. So yeah, it can be a little weird at times. I wasn't aware that you had your doctorate degree though, so congrats on that, and on using it effectively. I mean, what good is a degree if you don't put it to work? :p:p

Hey, I was thinking about you when I put the avatar up last weekend from What About Bob. Unfortunately, I had to change it this weekend due to unforeseen... uh, weirdness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven Wright- check
Weird Al - well yeah, it's there there in his name!

This forum... yeah, sometimes. I mean I've had a couple things said about me here that were 100% wrong, untrue or even the opposite of the truth. So yeah, it can be a little weird at times. I wasn't aware that you had your doctorate degree though, so congrats on that, and on using it effectively. I mean, what good is a degree if you don't put it to work?

Hey, I was thinking about you when I put the avatar up last weekend from What About Bob. Unfortunately, I had to change it this weekend due to unforeseen... uh, weirdness.

I think sometimes I expect to be acknowledged more often on this forum, but it doesn't happen. Sometimes there is a cognitive disconnect where I need to separate suspect comments from annoyance, so there is that. The PhD humor is still in progress and only an associates degree currently...a very dry form my grandfather bestowed upon me when I was but a lad. Hit me smack on top of my head and said, "WTF, boy? What's wrong with you?"

From that day forward, my humor has always been dry, reserved and subtle, trending towards the unusual...the "soggier" humor missed a generation in our family...which family had been appreciative of...and I still let some of the better implied jokes that we are familiar with go over my head...

I still have a day job I need to work at, since getting laughs may make you feel good, but it doesn't pay the bills, ya know?

I mean, most folks laugh things off when they mess up, in order to deflect blame, but part for my job involves accuracy, so there's not a lot of tolerance for screw-ups. You can say "Oops" only so many times before the boss gets on you...

Last edited:
I think sometimes I expect to be acknowledged more often on this forum, but it doesn't happen. Sometimes there is a cognitive disconnect where I need to separate suspect comments from annoyance, so there is that. The PhD humor is still in progress and only an associates degree currently...a very dry form my grandfather bestowed upon me when I was but a lad. Hit me smack on top of my head and said, "WTF, boy? What's wrong with you?"

From that day forward, my humor has always been dry, reserved and subtle, trending towards the unusual...the "soggier" humor missed a generation in our family...which family had been appreciative of...and I still let some of the better implied jokes that we are familiar with go over my head...

I still have a day job I need to work at, since getting laughs may make you feel good, but it doesn't pay the bills, ya know?

I hear ya brother. That's the thing about the internet. Nobody can see your facial expressions etc., so dryer humor doesn't work as well because they can't see that little smirk you're doing will saying something. Sarcasm doesn't work as well either. And I can't even stick my tongue out at anyone!

Sorry about the degree. I'm sure you'll get there, just hang with it. At least you have your associates. Maybe for your doctoral thesis you can look into guys like Bill Murray and Robin Williams. You know, "laugh out loud" kind of guys. Maybe get really wild and check out Richard Pryor. Your professor will call these guys "less dry."

As for jokes going over your head sometimes, in public forums such as this, I use a lot of movie lines or lines from classic sit-coms. But, if you haven't seen them, you won't get it. A couple younger people were laughing hysterically recently about some things they were saying and I didn't get any of it... and thus wasn't laughing. It was from "The Office" which I have never watched and obviously they all do. I haven't been golfing in years, but when people in our business used to hold huge golf outings, I did often. In those circumstances, and many others in life, Caddyshack is your friend. Committing that movie almost completely to memory will take you far in life. That, Animal House, Stripes, Meatballs, Fletch, Fletch Lives, and just a few others, are all you really need to be funny in any circumstances. If people don't laugh at that, their funny bone is broken or perhaps they have indeed fallen for the banana in the tailpipe.

So yes, keep your day job for now, but don't give up hope that someday you too can be an internet comedian.

I hear ya brother. That's the thing about the internet. Nobody can see your facial expressions etc., so dryer humor doesn't work as well because they can't see that little smirk you're doing will saying something. Sarcasm doesn't work as well either. And I can't even stick my tongue out at anyone!

Sorry about the degree. I'm sure you'll get there, just hang with it. At least you have your associates. Maybe for your doctoral thesis you can look into guys like Bill Murray and Robin Williams. You know, "laugh out loud" kind of guys. Maybe get really wild and check out Richard Pryor. Your professor will call these guys "less dry."

As for jokes going over your head sometimes, in public forums such as this, I use a lot of movie lines or lines from classic sit-coms. But, if you haven't seen them, you won't get it. A couple younger people were laughing hysterically recently about some things they were saying and I didn't get any of it... and thus wasn't laughing. It was from "The Office" which I have never watched and obviously they all do. I haven't been golfing in years, but when people in our business used to hold huge golf outings, I did often. In those circumstances, and many others in life, Caddyshack is your friend. Committing that movie almost completely to memory will take you far in life. That, Animal House, Stripes, Meatballs, Fletch, Fletch Lives, and just a few others, are all you really need to be funny in any circumstances. If people don't laugh at that, their funny bone is broken or perhaps they have indeed fallen for the banana in the tailpipe.

So yes, keep your day job for now, but don't give up hope that someday you too can be an internet comedian.

The problem with my humor is that some squirrel will usually bop me over the head with my own joke. That's why I reserve my humor for appropriate moments.

Steven Wright I consider weird and unusual humor. I used to think Yankovic was a musical epitome of weird. Along came this forum, which is uniquely weird and unusual in every way, and I learn something new each day. I think many of us have a Ph.D. in weird.
All that time wasted in graduate school. I could have just hung out here!:rolleyes:

Back