List Some Of Your Favorite Bands

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
We All Love Music Here But Could There Be Great Music In The Styles We Like That We Are Not Aware Of That Others May Know About? I Thought It Would Be Cool To List Some Of Your Favorite Bands And Maybe We Could Help Others Discover Some Bands/Music That Maybe We Aren't Familiar With? :)

I guess I'm gonna be the outlier here, but looking at my last year's stats on LastFM these would be the ones:

- Be'lakor

- Insomnium

- Mastodon

- Tremonti

- Caligula's Horse

- Dark Tranquillity

- Genus Ordini Dei

I could add some classics like Metallica or Maiden but they are not that much on my most played (kinda recently) bands

Last edited:
Grateful Dead, Santana,Jeff Beck, Mahavishnu, Jaco,Wes Montgomery, Eric Johnson , Michael Hedges,Satriani, Allman Bros, Derek Trucks/ Tedeschi , Sco-Mule, BB Smoke, Goose, Phish, Return to Forever, Weather Report, Early Sabbath, Led Zep, Link Wray, Dick Dale, Brian Setzer-Cats, Stanley Clarke, Jean-Luc Ponty , Aram Berosian, Sana Jorabeth

I'm going to try to avoid duplicating my faves that have already been mentioned. But these are just a few.

Often pigeon-holed as just a freak or more into juvenile humor than deserved. Absolutely underrated guitarist.

Frank has led me to numerous great musicians who've become favorites of mine, none moreso than Mike Keneally.

Very happy to call Mike a friend - as fabulous a musician as he is, he's a better person. And that's saying something, given what he's covered in his career, including (but not limited to) Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Chickenfoot, Zappa, Dethklok, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, and more.

Through Mike, I met Bryan Beller.

Like Keneally, ferocious musician, with amazing organizational skills. It's not unusual for him to go from a Vai tour to an Aristocrats tour, to Dethklok, to Satriani.

Speaking of the Aristocrats.

And both of those guys led me to Dethklok and the inimitable Brendan Small.

Diverting back to the main Zappa branch, there's Steve Vai. Discovered him through Frank, then saw him with David Lee Roth live.

Zappa also led me to Adrian Belew. Another guy who can seemingly do anything - Bowie, the Bears, Talking Head, and a long solo career.

Zappa also led me to one of my all-time favorite drummers, Terry Bozzio.

Bozzio has played with a ton of people as well (that's him on Vai's "Still My Bleeding Heart" above), and he started Missing Persons with then-wife Dale Bozzio (who also appeared on a few Zappa albums).

All that from Frank Zappa. And there are more that have branched off from all of those, but I tried to stick to ones I'd consider more as favorites.

And that's WAY more than enough for one post!

I'm going to try to avoid duplicating my faves that have already been mentioned. But these are just a few.

Often pigeon-holed as just a freak or more into juvenile humor than deserved. Absolutely underrated guitarist.

Frank has led me to numerous great musicians who've become favorites of mine, none moreso than Mike Keneally.

Very happy to call Mike a friend - as fabulous a musician as he is, he's a better person. And that's saying something, given what he's covered in his career, including (but not limited to) Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Chickenfoot, Zappa, Dethklok, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, and more.

Through Mike, I met Bryan Beller.

Like Keneally, ferocious musician, with amazing organizational skills. It's not unusual for him to go from a Vai tour to an Aristocrats tour, to Dethklok, to Satriani.

Speaking of the Aristocrats.

And both of those guys led me to Dethklok and the inimitable Brendan Small.

Diverting back to the main Zappa branch, there's Steve Vai. Discovered him through Frank, then saw him with David Lee Roth live.

Zappa also led me to Adrian Belew. Another guy who can seemingly do anything - Bowie, the Bears, Talking Head, and a long solo career.

Zappa also led me to one of my all-time favorite drummers, Terry Bozzio.

Bozzio has played with a ton of people as well (that's him on Vai's "Still My Bleeding Heart" above), and he started Missing Persons with then-wife Dale Bozzio (who also appeared on a few Zappa albums).

All that from Frank Zappa. And there are more that have branched off from all of those, but I tried to stick to ones I'd consider more as favorites.

And that's WAY more than enough for one post!
Frank Zappa was a great musician. Saw him back in the 80’s at Fairleigh Dickenson University in NJ. He was not my favorite artist but it was a great concert.

Back