Darn!!!!! Why are there so many pretties in the world?

I am just thankful I am in the UK and relatively skint too after buying my Hollowbody ii back in January. If I lived in the US, I would be looking at what I can trade in, what I can sell to have the funds to buy this SC 594 in Fire Red with a Rosewood neck. I could very easily consider trading in my Core DC 594 - a guitar I love but does have a standard mahogany neck - for this.

I actually prefer the Double Cut too as I think its more 'PRS' this way and not a 'Gibson Les Paul' - not that I have any issues with Gibson at all and would happily own the right one. The 594 has the 'LP' layout and its the layout that I am most familiar and comfortable with - another reason why I love my 594. I am also not someone who is used to using the 'dusty' end so access wasn't necessarily a concern - I just wanted my PRS 594 to look more like a PRS - and it looks like it belongs with my 509, Cu24 & HBii as well. Despite that, I would still seriously consider trading in my DC594 for this and its Rosewood neck!

Man, I hear you on the Les Paul layout. It's the only logical layout. 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3 way toggle up high.

I look at literally ANY other layout, and go "NOPE!"

Except for the SG. I can work with that.

I’ve found that by some miracle, I was able to avoid having GAS when I stopped ‘guitar window shopping’ on the Internet. ;)

Same. I really try to avoid that. Mostly because it's heartbreaking to find what seems like the next Holy Grail of gear, and realize I can't afford it. Or worse, can't justify the money.

I have been seriously lusting after several PRS core models (I hate the bulk of a bolt on neck heel) and I could easily swing it but, I just don't feel like I've earned the right to own one. I think you have to be able to play at a certain level before you can be allowed to buy a core model. I'm just not there, yet.

Hopefully, some day

Same. I really try to avoid that. Mostly because it's heartbreaking to find what seems like the next Holy Grail of gear, and realize I can't afford it. Or worse, can't justify the money.

I have been seriously lusting after several PRS core models (I hate the bulk of a bolt on neck heel) and I could easily swing it but, I just don't feel like I've earned the right to own one. I think you have to be able to play at a certain level before you can be allowed to buy a core model. I'm just not there, yet.

Hopefully, some day
A few years back I came up with the phrase "PRS guitars are above my playgrade".
I was sort of kidding.
Thing is, I LOVE the way these guitars feel and play. When I feel good, I play better. Good enough reason for me.:)

There is no guitar above anyones playgrade. If you won the lottery for example, you perhaps wouldn't think twice at buying the exact guitar you wanted - whether that is 1k, 10k or even 100k to learn on if you wanted. If you have the means to buy an expensive guitar, regardless of its price or your ability, it could still be worth buying if it encourages you to pick up and play, play play.

The more stable, the better it holds its tune, the more comfortable it is etc the better - especially for a 'beginner'. There is nothing worse than learning on a 'cheap' guitar that goes out of tune if you look at the bridge, the volume pot only works between 8-10 and an action that you can but War and Peace in between the Strings and Fretboard. Maybe Spending over £1k isn't a great idea for a child's first guitar on their 5th birthday but there is NO rule that says a beginner has to learn on a low price, entry level instrument.

If you are an Adult, earning your own money and can spend ~£3k on a Core PRS guitar, if it encourages you to play more, to practice more, to improve faster etc, then does it matter what your 'playgrade' is? Its your money and if you can afford to spend the asking price, you won't be asked to present your Grade 5+ music certificate to prove you have attained the necessary skills to buy a guitar that expensive...

There is no guitar above anyones playgrade. If you won the lottery for example, you perhaps wouldn't think twice at buying the exact guitar you wanted - whether that is 1k, 10k or even 100k to learn on if you wanted. If you have the means to buy an expensive guitar, regardless of its price or your ability, it could still be worth buying if it encourages you to pick up and play, play play.

The more stable, the better it holds its tune, the more comfortable it is etc the better - especially for a 'beginner'. There is nothing worse than learning on a 'cheap' guitar that goes out of tune if you look at the bridge, the volume pot only works between 8-10 and an action that you can but War and Peace in between the Strings and Fretboard. Maybe Spending over £1k isn't a great idea for a child's first guitar on their 5th birthday but there is NO rule that says a beginner has to learn on a low price, entry level instrument.

If you are an Adult, earning your own money and can spend ~£3k on a Core PRS guitar, if it encourages you to play more, to practice more, to improve faster etc, then does it matter what your 'playgrade' is? Its your money and if you can afford to spend the asking price, you won't be asked to present your Grade 5+ music certificate to prove you have attained the necessary skills to buy a guitar that expensive...

I love you bro.

No homo

I just don't feel like I've earned the right to own one. I think you have to be able to play at a certain level before you can be allowed to buy a core model.

Oh, there’s a test you have to pass first to gain admittance, but the proctor is sleeping, so anyone with the coin gets one. ;)

I’ve found that by some miracle, I was able to avoid having GAS when I stopped ‘guitar window shopping’ on the Internet. ;)

But it's so fun :)

I'm comparison shopping tho. I love looking just to see what's out there and compare with what I've got. Instead of giving me gas it always ends up validating the choices I've already made. Honestly I feel lucky AF to have found four guitars that couldn't be a better fit for me.

The search for perfection can turn into a wild goose chase if you don't know what's perfect for YOU. I'm very lucky in that I've learned to recognize when I've hit that mark :)

But it's so fun :)

I'm comparison shopping tho. I love looking just to see what's out there and compare with what I've got. Instead of giving me gas it always ends up validating the choices I've already made. Honestly I feel lucky AF to have found four guitars that couldn't be a better fit for me.

The search for perfection can turn into a wild goose chase if you don't know what's perfect for YOU. I'm very lucky in that I've learned to recognize when I've hit that mark :)

i figure I validated the choices I made by using the guitars in my soundtrack work, more or less putting them on the line.

I’ve got nothin’ against window shopping; i just got interested doing other things. GAS reduction was a by-product. I still get some GAS when PRS comes out with something special that’s up my alley!

But I do have less of it than a few years ago.

I admire the discipline it takes to wait for a guitar like that.

Unfortunately, I'm more of an impulse buyer. Still, I don't regret a single purchase.

On the other hand, my first wife....

DAMN those are nice! Stop looking..... it’s torture if you you can’t afford them LOL. BTW, I know how you feel :oops:

Back