Error on the Private Stock COA - SOLVED

They need to correct this ASAP, frankly I don't believe them that the CoA and the headstock don't have to match, that's the whole point of the CoA!
The ORIGINAL should be correct in the first place. I’d tell the dealer to fix it.
^ This. You didn’t lose anything and are in possession of the original.
I can't imagine PRS and the dealer not wanting to have this corrected on a guitar of this caliber that has not even yet been delivered to the person who ordered it! It will all work out
First of all, thank you very much for your support, I really appreciated it a lot.

this afternoon the dealer was informed by the shop that I want a perfect COA, now here in Italy is midnight so we'll see in 10 hours (?) what he will reply.
I also emailed the customer service as suggested by some users but I'm 100% sure they will say to contact the dealer because de facto I have not yet purchased the guitar, which is still in the shop.

We'll see how it turns out. Surely I haven't waited 2 years to say "meh..."

Last edited:
honestly thank you very much for your support, this afternoon the dealer was informed that I want a perfect COA, now here in Italy is night so we will see in 10 hours what he will reply. We'll see how it turns out. Surely I haven't waited 2 years to say "meh..."

I am very confident PRS will make it right. You will have to return your certificate, no doubt.

I ordered this Private Stock in 2021, its number on the neck doesn't match to the one on the official COA, as shown in the photo that I'm attaching below in this OP.
I'm pretty new to the PRS world and as soon as I read this, I found it shameful for a company of this level.
Seriously, if prospective customers reads about this story and about a possible "no" from PRS to a new COA, they would be highly discouraged from making the purchase of a Private Stock guitar. At least I would be.
I hope for you they will solve this problem as soon as possible, your situation is a nightmare for anyone who orders a guitar of this caliber.

I'm pretty new to the PRS world and as soon as I read this, I found it shameful for a company of this level.
Seriously, if prospective customers reads about this story and about a possible "no" from PRS to a new COA, they would be highly discouraged from making the purchase of a Private Stock guitar. At least I would be.
I hope for you they will solve this problem as soon as possible, your situation is a nightmare for anyone who orders a guitar of this caliber.
Don't know that I could term the transaction so far as "shameful" (they are humans and we all make mistakes)! If the parties involved do not correct it, then I might use that term, but as it stands, there has been a VERY limited time to correct anything!! BTW, welcome to the forum, I hope PRS can reclaim their shame from you ;~))

Don't know that I could term the transaction so far as "shameful" (they are humans and we all make mistakes)!
every human can make mistakes but when it comes to these levels of money the margin for error must be almost zero.
I mean if you offer a service at this price range, you must be up to provide it.
For that money we talk about Hermes bags, Rolex watches, Cartier jewelry, I assure you that I have never heard of these gaffes on COAs of these companies.

Everyone has their own opinion on what is more or less bearable. The fact is that the first day has passed and the customer has not yet received any news from the company.

I will find you...

111111.jpg

every human can make mistakes but when it comes to these levels of money the margin for error must be almost zero.
I mean if you offer a service at this price range, you must be up to provide it.
For that money we talk about Hermes bags, Rolex watches, Cartier jewelry, I assure you that I have never heard of these gaffes on COAs of these companies.

Everyone has their own opinion on what is more or less bearable. The fact is that the first day has passed and the customer has not yet received any news from the company.
Nah mate. I find error on my COA a bit laughable. They probably pulled final checks on Friday or something (hooray for Friday, lets get wasted). They still managed to build a smokin guitar. That sort of error is tolerable. I would fucking fume if they would pull a dood but 2 digits swapped places... whatever man, that was eventually corrected. I believe the reason why it took so much time was on dealer. When I finally pulled "WTF" email to them I had replacement COA within a week

Last edited:
my dealer took "a closer look at the photos" and said that he also thinks PRS has to send a new COA, no doubts.
In the meantime, we are awaiting the response from the Private Stock Department.

Meanwhile, a German dealer told me verbatim "give me your home address and I will have PRS send you a new COA to your home".
I don't know what to do, I would like to avoid two dealers contacting the PS Department for the same problem, it could create confusion or problems.

my dealer took "a closer look at the photos" and said that he also thinks PRS has to send a new COA, no doubts.
In the meantime, we are awaiting the response from the Private Stock Department.

Meanwhile, a German dealer told me verbatim "give me your home address and I will have PRS send you a new COA to your home".
I don't know what to do, I would like to avoid two dealers contacting the PS Department for the same problem, it could create confusion or problems.

Let your dealer handle it. They’ve already indicated they would.

This is the dealer's reply, just sent to me:
"Hi, already solved everything.
There is no reason to worry so much about such a small thing, unfortunately mistakes can happen...
When I gave the answer to the store saying it was normal, I simply hadn't seen the photographic comparison between guitar and COA.
Today, seeing it, I immediately understood that it was a simple typo by PRS.
This was also confirmed by the supplier (PRS), who is sending a new COA directly by courier to the store.
Just have a little patience while waiting for the new COA to arrive.
I hope you enjoyed the guitar!
Dear greetings and see you soon!"

Last edited:
I had absolute faith that PRS would take care of this, and it appears they have. Excellent!
actually just got also a reply from PRS Customer Service:
"Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. Congratulations on your new Private Stock 594 Hollowbody as it sounds like a wonderful piece.
We are very sorry there is an issue with the accompanying certificate. This would be an oversight and unfortunately a typo we missed here at the factory.
We will send a new, corrected, COA to the store right away: a new COA will be created and should ship this afternoon.
It should deliver to the store early next week, hopefully earlier.
We certainly apologize for any inconvenience and we greatly appreciate your continued support of PRS Guitars.
We hope you will enjoy your new guitar for years to come!"

So, it seems that everything will work out for the best and I'm really very happy about it.
The reply from the Customer Service came just 15 hours after my email, honestly I feel much calmer now.

"Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. Congratulations on your new Private Stock 594 Hollowbody as it sounds like a wonderful piece.
We are very sorry there is an issue with the accompanying certificate. This would be an oversight and unfortunately a typo we missed here at the factory.
We will send a new, corrected, COA to the store right away: a new COA will be created and should ship this afternoon.
It should deliver to the store early next week, hopefully earlier.
We certainly apologize for any inconvenience and we greatly appreciate your continued support of PRS Guitars.
We hope you will enjoy your new guitar for years to come!"

So, it seems that everything will work out for the best and I'm really very happy about it.
The reply from the Customer Service came just 15 hours after my email, honestly I feel much calmer now.

I definitely understand your concern, and I would have been upset as well. However, since this is fixing an erroneous COA rather than a replacement, I figured they'd make it right. I'm glad they are. Now - how's the guitar???

how's the guitar???
the guitar is truly exceptional, a jawdropping insturment.
I'm reluctant to show it right now here on the forum just because I only have some really bad photos taken by the store manager as soon as it arrived.
He asked me to give him a couple of days because he wants to have it photographed by his trusted professional photographer (he told me verbatim "it's the most beautiful guitar I've seen in 25 years of business"), so I'll pick up the guitar on thursday afternoon (April 7th) and I'll share here the photographer's photos. ;)

Last edited:
Once again all is right with the world!
I can certainly understand your angst over the cert, and I would want the proper documentation with everything in proper order as it well should be. But that appears to be water under the bridge now so let the sun shine and the music play!
And hearty congrats on a masterpiece of an instrument. Looking forward to the pictures.

Don't know that I could term the transaction so far as "shameful" (they are humans and we all make mistakes)! I hope PRS can reclaim their shame from you ;~))
"We will send a new, corrected, COA to the store right away: a new COA will be created and should ship this afternoon.
It should deliver to the store early next week, hopefully earlier."
well, actually they did delete the shame.

Back