Cabernet Private Stock Cu22?

opnoob

Just saw this on Reverb, its pretty rare to have stuff like this come up fairly local to me. If anyone has any details on it, where the idea came from, etc would be appreciated.

Looks like somebody unnecessarily double-clicked when adding each photo to the gallery. :D

Didn't particularly look "private stock" to me, until I saw the back (electronics cover) and that neck. Wow, that's a beautiful combination of wood figuring + cabernet finish on the back of that neck. Even better, you get to stare that neck the whole time you're playing.

Its certainly an interesting and unique figuring for the neck. Still on the fence about whether I actually like the neck compared to a more traditional candy cane.

This to me looks more like a hollow body with no F holes than a Custom 22. It is too thick for a Custom 22 and has the carving on the back like a HBII. If this is a HBII with no F holes, it is going to be much lighter and sound different than a CU22. It has some really nice looking wood but that doesn't matter since that won't factor into how it sounds.

This to me looks more like a hollow body with no F holes than a Custom 22. It is too thick for a Custom 22 and has the carving on the back like a HBII. If this is a HBII with no F holes, it is going to be much lighter and sound different than a CU22. It has some really nice looking wood but that doesn't matter since that won't factor into how it sounds.
Yup, I thought that too. I didn't even realize that it was labelled as a "Custom 22" but for sure it's a HBII.

Yup, I thought that too. I didn't even realize that it was labelled as a "Custom 22" but for sure it's a HBII.
Certainly looks more like the HB than a CU22 body. And of course being a Private stock could have the back plate (what I wouldn't give to have that on my HBII) and the even lighter weight of the hollow body would sure be nice on an old man's back and shoulders. That it's gorgeous doesn't hurt either.
But I have Sassacaia tastes on a Table Red wallet so...:rolleyes:

That Bottle Of Wine Is Pricey For The Year But It Sure Looks Nice. Agree On It NOT Being A Custom 22, Especially With That Case. Drink It If You Got It! :)

There’s an electronics hatch on the back, though. That means it’s a semi-hollow or solid body. It’s a sandwich.

Back