Error on the Private Stock COA - SOLVED

Work through your dealer.

But - as the owner of 4 PS models, I think the certificates are just another piece of bullsh!t paper that only matters if you plan to sell the darn thing soon. I felt the same way in 1992 with my Artist II. I threw that one away.

There's a tiny error on one of the certificates that came with one of my guitars. Who cares.

I don't know why they bother. The instrument itself should be all that matters. The paperwork is for feel-good, collector BS silly nonsense (OK, that was a bit redundant!).

I get it that some buyers insist on it. But that only matters if you sell the darn thing. I'll never sell mine. The whole paperwork thing reminds me of this:

Last edited:
As the owner of 4 PS models, I think the certificates are just another piece of bullsh!t paper that only matters if you plan to sell the darn thing soon. I felt the same way in 1992 with my Artist II. I threw that one away.
There's a tiny error on one of the certificates that came with one of my guitars. Who cares.
The whole paperwork thing reminds me of this:
the video made me laugh a lot, I know dozens of "guitarists" like this (note the quotes).

I completely agree with you, de facto the COA is absolutely useless, I will never sell this guitar, it has an important meaning to mean and I assure you that the guitar will not be put in a showcase but played and carried around for gigs until it gets some nice natural relic.
Is for this reason that I asked the Private Stock department a guitar-shaped case made because I hate carrying around rectangular cases: people on the street stare at me in a strange way, maybe thinking it's a shotgun or a strange suitcase LOL.

On the other hand I know really well myself and how damn crazy I am: knowing that I have a wrong number on the COA makes me lose my mind for some kind of reason, so the correction is really welcome! Maybe it's just a matter of principle: some users have already mentioned that at certain levels everything must be just perfect.

the video made me laugh a lot, I know dozens of "guitarists" like this (note the quotes).

I completely agree with you, de facto the COA is absolutely useless, I will never sell this guitar, it has an important meaning to mean and I assure you that the guitar will not be put in a showcase but played and carried around for gigs until it gets some nice natural relic.
Is for this reason that I asked the Private Stock department a guitar-shaped case made because I hate carrying around rectangular cases: people on the street stare at me in a strange way, maybe thinking it's a shotgun or a strange suitcase LOL.

On the other hand I know really well myself and how damn crazy I am: knowing that I have a wrong number on the COA makes me lose my mind for some kind of reason, so the correction is really welcome! Maybe it's just a matter of principle: some users have already mentioned that at certain levels everything must be just perfect.
Yeah, I definitely understand that a lot of folks feel everything must be perfect - I'm undoubtedly a very odd person - but weird things happen to a hunk of wood, and weirder things happen when someone's scribbling down dates and numbers onto a piece of paper.

With the COA, I would think that the serial number would be the main thing.

I'm reminded of the holy grail of postage stamp collectors; at one time it was a stamp where the picture was printed upside-down. Sometimes the misses are worth more than the hits! People love the Strats that were originally Tobacco Burst but re-sprayed at the factory in a solid color for some reason.

There are folks who think the worm holes in an early-1700s Stradivarius are what make it sound so good. If I thought that was true, I'd be tempted to load my PS cases with worms, and let 'em do their thing! Fortunately, I don't think it's true, because the idea of woodworms makes me slightly nauseous. ;)

On another mistake I recently saw on a PRS, there was a 2010 Angelus (PS 2330 I believe) and it had 1-27-10 on the back of headstock and 1-28-10 on the label inside the body!

So glad things are resolving themselves!! I am particularly partial to many of your choices here considering I am a one-piece Freak, and having the front and back be one piece on a HBII is I think AWESOME!! Mr. Superstar, if you want to check out my WL HBII with one piece front and back (bookmatched from front to back - not in the centers), there are some pix in the The Great Green Guitar Thread (thread post #62)!! It was my first and is my favorite of the 3 PRSi I own, and it will have to be pried from my cold dead hands!!! Bought it within minutes of seeing it after weeks of searching!!!!

I just don’t understand why this took 3 pages of posts, suppositions, unrelated tangents, apparent outrage by some, etc. There was an issue with the CoA… contact the dealer and/or customer service, and request that it get corrected. If you got a run-around and it can’t be resolved, then it becomes a topic of discussion. I’m an engineer… a firm believer that the shortest distance between points A and B is a straight line.

I prefer happy posts. I’m so over internet outrage. This is outrageous!! :cool:

Here's a twist on a similar (but still very different) scenario, and meant purely in jest.
Years ago we purchased a very rare bottle of Irish Whiskey on a return flight from vacationing in the Caribbean. Midleton Special Very Rare, only available in select Duty Free outlets, specialty stores or at the distillery in Dublin. About 20 years ago it was about $150 USD a bottle. Herself said "why not?" so it came home with us. Nice little wooden box, engraved, dove-tailed corners, felt lined and contained a parchment registry certificate with the date, cask and batch # on it. Was it correct? Who knows, and we drank the sumb**ch anyway. But we did take the Certificate of Authenticity back to Dublin to have it registered in the archives ledger just for giggles. And of course we had a few tots of the nectar while we were there. Real #'s or not, it all ended up as kidney filtered waste fluid in the end.
But that is really what it's for, to imbibe in, not to sit on a display pedestal.

I just don’t understand why this took 3 pages of posts, suppositions, unrelated tangents, apparent outrage by some, etc. There was an issue with the CoA… contact the dealer and/or customer service, and request that it get corrected. If you got a run-around and it can’t be resolved, then it becomes a topic of discussion. I’m an engineer… a firm believer that the shortest distance between points A and B is a straight line.

I prefer happy posts. I’m so over internet outrage. This is outrageous!! :cool:
My thoughts exactly.

What I would do is... continue discussing the obvious for three or maybe four more pages :)
Buddy I don't know how long the thread will last up here but I really hope someone in PRS shows this meme to Paul, I guess he will smile (especially if the COA arrives as soon as possible and everything works out for the best).

I will find you...

111111.jpg

I would like to reiterate once again the reliability, the care and the kindness of the PRS customer service department.

Since the package containing the new COA hasn't yet arrived, I sent another email, they replied in less than 3 hours giving me the tracking code of the package (which arrived from the States to Paris, then it will arrive here in Italy). Delivery scheduled for April 20, 2022.
The excellence.

I would like to reiterate once again the reliability, the care and the kindness of the PRS customer service department.

Since the package containing the new COA hasn't yet arrived, I sent another email, they replied in less than 3 hours giving me the tracking code of the package (which arrived from the States to Paris, then it will arrive here in Italy). Delivery scheduled for April 20, 2022.
The excellence.
I have always received over the top/excellent care from PRS support.

This is a very good sign!

Now if someone would just take Putin out, all would be right in the world again.

Back