The sickness.......

dcm_guitar

I have a HBII (artist) that I bought ~3 years ago. I ordered a 24-08 (artist) that took 2 years to arrive. It just got here. While waiting for the 24-08 I bought a Vela because Velas are really cool.

So in the last three years I've bought 3 PRS instruments. One of them I got less than two months ago.......And all I can think about is a darn SC 594. Sigh......

I keep saying to myself, "I don't really like the Pattern Vintage neck."

Then I say, "You've never owned a Pattern Vintage. The 24-08 is Pattern Thin, the Vela is Pattern Regular, the HB II is Pattern. You NEED a Pattern Vintage."

Sigh........

What you're experiencing is strangely familiar to me, as well. I thought I was all set after getting my 24-08....all good, "I don't need anything else for a while".

Less than a year later, got serious gas for another PRS.

Also like you, I thought, "Eh, I don't care for the Pattern Vintage neck carve." After spending some time with one a little while back, it's definitely something that I'm wanting in my collection now.

I don't have a cure for your ailment, that's for sure. I can say with certainty, though, that I share your sickness.

I have a HBII (artist) that I bought ~3 years ago. I ordered a 24-08 (artist) that took 2 years to arrive. It just got here. While waiting for the 24-08 I bought a Vela because Velas are really cool.

So in the last three years I've bought 3 PRS instruments. One of them I got less than two months ago.......And all I can think about is a darn SC 594. Sigh......

Then I say, "You've never owned a Pattern Vintage. The 24-08 is Pattern Thin, the Vela is Pattern Regular, the HB II is Pattern. You NEED a Pattern Vintage."

Sigh........
You are correct -you NEED a Pattern Vintage neck carve IF you like fatter neck carves. My favorite by far!

One a year sounds reasonable.
I might be starting to fall behind.
I just did the calculation:
2006 - 2019 = 13 years (if you go by months I'm at 13 years 2 months in Jan 2020).
I have 13 PRSi. Guess I'm right on track...:rolleyes:
This is starting to be a familiar frequency...
If I had bought one per year, since I started in (early) 2014, I'd have 5 or 6 PRSi right now. Which, when I bought my first PRS, seemed like a huge collection of just one guitar brand.

Um, I might have more than that. Far more. Yes, I have far too many, yet not enough. Just count all my NGD threads. No wait, don't.

If I had bought one per year, since I started in (early) 2014, I'd have 5 or 6 PRSi right now. Which, when I bought my first PRS, seemed like a huge collection of just one guitar brand.
Well, I don’t feel like I should be punished for the years before I could afford one - I’ve got no problem backfilling those early years.

Sigh........
Sounds like you recorded me talking to myself! :eek:

I’ve got an Artist .594 and the combination of the pattern vintage carve and satin finish make it my favorite neck on any guitar ever... you won’t be disappointed.

2VP.gif

I feel your pain, I was just complaining (happily, though) in another thread that I have added three PRS guitars in the last three months!

To your specific situation, two of them have Pattern Vintage necks, and they are the first larger neck I have been comfortable playing on. Very easy to transition back and forth between them and my 513s. Whenever you fall off the wagon again, you're going to love the PV neck carve... it's very "I'm used to other necks" friendly.

Back