Darn!!!!! Why are there so many pretties in the world?

I believe that is a PS. I've never seen a Ted with the two piece bridge.

Yep, PS Ted 245 with 57/08’s.

I’d never seen one in any color other than McBurst & Tobacco burst.

JD made me a deal I couldn’t refuse... :)
He had it as new old stock for almost two years. I couldn’t believe no one else bought it in that time.

I like the second one... ;-)

Reminds me of something...

ScarletTrio2018.JPG

What a splendid trio of guitars. All bases covered. Well played, sir!

You know what, I think my 594 has me cured of GAS for now. I see other guitars and I can appreciate them without running to buy one. I might find a beautiful finish on another 594 that might tempt me for a few seconds, but at the end of the day all I have to think about is my McCarty and 594 to be reminded that I'm happy with what I have at the moment. Sorry, op, if I'm not helping.

You know what, I think my 594 has me cured of GAS for now. I see other guitars and I can appreciate them without running to buy one. I might find a beautiful finish on another 594 that might tempt me for a few seconds, but at the end of the day all I have to think about is my McCarty and 594 to be reminded that I'm happy with what I have at the moment. Sorry, op, if I'm not helping.

Whilst I do agree a 'bit', I am seriously GASsing for a cross between my 594...

8sNcZH1.jpg

and my Hollowbody ii...

iRJZWZk.jpg

to give me a PRS 594 Hollowbody ii.

Imagine a guitar with all the playability, the feel of that neck, that scale length etc but in a lighter hollowbody with a beautiful Maple top AND back. I have a reasonable idea of how it would sound as my HBii has 58/15 LT's and therefore can have an educated idea of what to expect when played through my rig in my house. Now if that doesn't hit you with a bad case of GAS, then there is something fundamentally wrong.

At the moment, my GAS is remaining more as a dull ache, a hunger pang as I am yet to see core examples in a Fire Red Burst. Its that fact, coupled with the fact I do have the two guitars above, that is keeping my GAS 'relatively' under control at the moment, stopping me make 'little' purchases, like Pedals, Amps etc as I am in full on 'save' mode so that when this guitars start to arrive on these shores, I have the financial means to satiate the major cause of GAS right now...

I will just leave this little titbit too - the back of my HBii is every bit as stunning as the top on my HBii (which the pic above doesn't do it justice with so much more fine detail in the grain) carved and has the same 'maple' binding too as the double binding that my Avatar pic shows...

Now do you have GAS?? ;):D:D

Whilst I do agree a 'bit', I am seriously GASsing for a cross between my 594...

8sNcZH1.jpg

and my Hollowbody ii...

iRJZWZk.jpg

to give me a PRS 594 Hollowbody ii.

Imagine a guitar with all the playability, the feel of that neck, that scale length etc but in a lighter hollowbody with a beautiful Maple top AND back. I have a reasonable idea of how it would sound as my HBii has 58/15 LT's and therefore can have an educated idea of what to expect when played through my rig in my house. Now if that doesn't hit you with a bad case of GAS, then there is something fundamentally wrong.

At the moment, my GAS is remaining more as a dull ache, a hunger pang as I am yet to see core examples in a Fire Red Burst. Its that fact, coupled with the fact I do have the two guitars above, that is keeping my GAS 'relatively' under control at the moment, stopping me make 'little' purchases, like Pedals, Amps etc as I am in full on 'save' mode so that when this guitars start to arrive on these shores, I have the financial means to satiate the major cause of GAS right now...

I will just leave this little titbit too - the back of my HBii is every bit as stunning as the top on my HBii (which the pic above doesn't do it justice with so much more fine detail in the grain) carved and has the same 'maple' binding too as the double binding that my Avatar pic shows...

Now do you have GAS?? ;):D:D

No one is completely cure ;) That guitar you envision sound absolutely awesome and my 594 isn't at all a substitute for it. Another one that gets me for a few seconds is a 594 with soapbars. I will say, though, that my 594 only weighs 7 lbs 6 oz which is already pretty light. Not hollowbody territory, but it's a comfortable weight nonetheless. Every now and again I'm too tired after work to play guitar sitting down and I'll play lying down inspired by a documentary I saw of Mark Knopfler. My 594 is light enough to be played lying down lol. Another thing about my 594 is it has a smooth silky mouth watering amazing satin maple neck. I know I can't play a redwood or pernambuco neck PS 594 because if I do GAS will hit me as harder than concrete. However, provided I don't come close to those necks, my 594 already has me drooling all over its cocaine coated neck, or whatever it is that PRS does to make that neck so addicting. PM me if you're ever in the bay area. The Slate Blue on my 594 looks more like a teal gray than anything resembling Man City colors so I'm willing to assume it won't hurt you footballistically ;)

No one is completely cure ;) That guitar you envision sound absolutely awesome and my 594 isn't at all a substitute for it. Another one that gets me for a few seconds is a 594 with soapbars. I will say, though, that my 594 only weighs 7 lbs 6 oz which is already pretty light. Not hollowbody territory, but it's a comfortable weight nonetheless. Every now and again I'm too tired after work to play guitar sitting down and I'll play lying down inspired by a documentary I saw of Mark Knopfler. My 594 is light enough to be played lying down lol. Another thing about my 594 is it has a smooth silky mouth watering amazing satin maple neck. I know I can't play a redwood or pernambuco neck PS 594 because if I do GAS will hit me as harder than concrete. However, provided I don't come close to those necks, my 594 already has me drooling all over its cocaine coated neck, or whatever it is that PRS does to make that neck so addicting. PM me if you're ever in the bay area. The Slate Blue on my 594 looks more like a teal gray than anything resembling Man City colors so I'm willing to assume it won't hurt you footballistically ;)

Its not just the weight, its the resonance too. My 594 isn't overly heavy either - in the same ballpark as yours but a HB is a couple of lb's lighter and mire resonant too. The back even though you don't look at it often, it looks like the top - without any thing to break it up - no backplates - just a carved maple back with no routing or anything to hide any of the stunning maple...

Its not just the weight, its the resonance too. My 594 isn't overly heavy either - in the same ballpark as yours but a HB is a couple of lb's lighter and mire resonant too. The back even though you don't look at it often, it looks like the top - without any thing to break it up - no backplates - just a carved maple back with no routing or anything to hide any of the stunning maple...

Oh yeah, absolutely. There is definitely a sonic difference and the weight on some HB can get close-ish to acoustic guitar territory. Also those tops and backs on HB can be quite hypnotic. One thing I like about PRS's take on HBs is that you don't get those ginormous bodies that you get on some more traditional HBs. The traditional ones are beautiful and I wouldn't past me to get one of those traditional HBs sometime in the future. However, the more conventional body size on PRS's take on HB guitars make them extremely comfortable to play. Don't get me wrong, a HB 594 with rosewood, pernambuco or satin maple neck would definitely be a desirable guitar for me, especially with the right finish. I guess I just define GAS as more uncontrollable desire to own a particular guitar like what induced me to have 5 PRS NGD in one month. At this moment, if I were to add a HB to my collection I would feel the need to sacrifice one of the guitars in my collection and I don't feel like I can do that right now. When I think maybe, my CU22, I remind myself that's my Forum guitar, it's the sister to @bodia 's CU22, so it can't go. My 24-08 is what substituted the void created when I parted ways with my CE24s and regretted it soon after. I don't want to make the same mistake again the 3rd time (yes I've owned a CE24 parted ways with it, then got another one in parted ways with it again). Also, currently the 24-08 is the only guitar I own with a trem. My 594 and McCarty are the untouchables. The S2 Mira is a rock machine beast and the S2 Singlecut SH is the guitar that fulfilled my dream of owning a whale blue guitar. Maybe in a year or so I'll feel different. Or maybe sooner even. However, until I got the 594 I was completely out of control. After I bonded with that guitar and got used to its neck shape, I saw a ray of light shining between the clouds and for just a few seconds I heard the most beautiful rock-n-roll being played by angels from heaven. I think they were using a 594 with a bit of overdrive from Smallsound/Bigsound Mini overdrive, a bit of delay from Catalinbread Belle Epoch deluxe and a touch of reverb from a Strymond Flint plate reverb all going through a Vox amp.

Back