NGD: SC 594

I've always thought that PRS should do more solid colors. I think some of the PRS solid colors look better than the stained figuring and solid colors can emphasize the elegant contours a bit better than a busy figuring.

I'm with you on this, as long as the natural binding doesn't have some crazy figuring in it. When I see that it's like Noooooooooooooo!

Thanks for all the NGD love everyone, certainly enjoying having this one in the studio. Hopefully I'll finally be able to contribute to the Studio & Stage section of the forum with a song or two featuring the 594 once I get to record with it (any of my other recordings I used my strat and/or LTD).

I've always thought that PRS should do more solid colors. I think some of the PRS solid colors look better than the stained figuring and solid colors can emphasize the elegant contours a bit better than a busy figuring.

Yeah, it's interesting because I've always lusted after the fancy stained figured tops, but recently I've tended to notice that the colour of the stained tops I tend to like most more often than not don't have the natural back and/or scraped binding (which I prefer)...and unfortunately I just can't justify going PS to get my ideal combo. I'm not a massive fan of flat colours on PRS, but some of the metallics I've seen them offer look great, especially with natural backs. I remember seeing someone on here with almost a candy apple red metallic DC 594 that looks AMAZING! And I guess I did grow up with the big Nu-Metal era when they were all playing metallic PRS's through Mesa's :cool:

That’s so freaking sweet! Congrats and glad you found one after all the troubles!

Seriously. Like, bring back pearl white for crying out loud! It’s one of the coolest colors. My opinion is they should offer metallic black, white and platinum regularly.

I also think that since PRS is on the “vintage” style train and they’re doing cracking nitro, do that on a run of black, white and gold tops. If you’re going in, might as well go ALL in.

Yeah! A pearl white with scraped binding and natural back would be HOT :D

Vchizzie, totally with you on that. Definitely more metallics. Loves me some Flame and Quilt, but the right metallic on the right curves and it’s MAGIC!

That’s so freaking sweet! Congrats and glad you found one after all the troubles!

Seriously. Like, bring back pearl white for crying out loud! It’s one of the coolest colors. My opinion is they should offer metallic black, white and platinum regularly.

I also think that since PRS is on the “vintage” style train and they’re doing cracking nitro, do that on a run of black, white and gold tops. If you’re going in, might as well go ALL in.
I just bought my first PRS - a metallic black 35th anniv Custom 24, which I chose over a 10-top. I also learned it was originally destined to be a different color, but the factory had to make lemonade out this lemon. At least my metallic black (maybe others, too?) was the plan B finish, and that endears it to me even more.

I just bought my first PRS - a metallic black 35th anniv Custom 24, which I chose over a 10-top. I also learned it was originally destined to be a different color, but the factory had to make lemonade out this lemon. At least my metallic black (maybe others, too?) was the plan B finish, and that endears it to me even more.
Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum

Looks almost like British Racing that Triumph used to do, with a bit more sparkle.

I have a motorcycle almost that color. Touch lighter and less sparkle.

Back