'COVID-19' Projects

The only thing Covid helped me, is having more time to move to a new house. The new house has a large attic which is of no apparent use for the wife... ;)
5pVbkfv.jpg

It is the man cave, but there are 3 men in the house and one got a mini guitar for Easter... The other one might be Batman... :D
XEspYbE.jpg

It starts looking like Paul's home studio, since there are some PRS guitars inside and a wooden roof on top... (Then the similarities end... :rolleyes::oops:o_O)
You have a porch off your attics? Sweet.

;) I thought the same thing

Hopefully its a deck & he can blast that Matchless - great amp

There is a balcony in the attic which is nice with a great view.
The amp was a small 1x10' Laney 15w dual EL84 combo and while looking for a 2x12 cab I found this Matchless looking one loaded with Celestion Greenbacks. It is actually made by TAD. I made the small Laney fit and made some wooden supports in order to fit the amp without extra holes to the chassis of the amp or the cab.
I wanted to do a custom logo in place if the Matchless one but never did it.

Just installed an under-the-cabinet LED kitchen light fixture. My old fluorescent one's switch was getting a bit wonky (resisted on and off a lot) so called the hardware store and asked them if they had the one on their website. With luck, the store had 1 in stock, so they put my name on it and earlier this morning, walked over to the store and purchased the light.

Took all of about 30 minutes to replace the old fixture with the LED start to finish, and from now on, no bulbs to replace! Just need to remember that the switch is on the left side, tiny thing, and is a rocker arm switch. Happy, to say no genius frizzy hair involved with this job. All went well.

The Cockpit is almost complete! Got the Presonus Studiolive installed in the travel case base finally. Now just waiting on the cedar wood veneer and aluminum track rails to get here for hanging 12 of my guitar collection favorites above the dual 32" curved monitors! Just need to bring the Roland FA-88 downstairs to plink on some.

This is actually my control room in half of our downstairs office (which used to be a formal living room). Our whole upstairs is available via remote I/O and tablets/computers to the StudioLive 32 Series 3 mixer and RDP to
my Cockpit super computer laptop. So I can control Studio One 4 from upstairs with RDP and the mixer via wireless using Presonus Universal Control. I run an Ethercon cable upstairs to feed whichever room(s) I want
to put the band in via the Presonus StudioLive 32R slaved in stage box mode to the downstairs SL32 S3. That gives me a nice comfy control room/mini studio where I usually live with the capability to isolate peeps/groups
upstairs (Huge foosball room that was supposed to be 2 bedrooms, and 2 bedrooms for the 2.5 children we never could have). My live mixers are an X32 Rack and a full X32 console that connect via Ethercon to a Midas
DL32 stage box with Midas Pro Preamps. I run JBL SRX and Presonus ULT series powered PA sets usually with a JBL PRX 3 way and sub set and JBL SR dual 15" with 2" horn plus passive 18" sub set as backups, or to add
when playing outdoors if needed for some reason. I run 4 JBL EON615's for sidefills/floor monitors depending on how many I need. Other miscellaneous PA in the garage/house used for band practice, etc...

I keep my Hodge Podge Alesis drumkit upstairs all the time in the foosball room. It's
a crap ton of DM10 heads/triggers (about 1.5 kits or more worth) plugged into an Alesis Strike Pro module. My drummer traded me the drum kit for some junk and I bought a Strike Pro module like he uses once they
started selling them separate from the Strike Pro kits. Then there's my trusty el cheapo Ibanez SoundGear bass that gets the job done good enough for me.

96115568_10217260718534023_8406757144518459392_o.jpg

96259387_10217260718094012_4747987312372088832_o.jpg

95912238_10217260719134038_36678638455750656_o.jpg

I have been procrastinating for years. BUT I have actually started on my effort to build a "Sam Maloof inspired" rocking chair. Here is how I HOPE it ends up looking. All the wood is in place, a few remaining specialty tools have been ordered and wood cutting/shaping has begun.....

Best wishes regards this project. Much respect to woodworkers/cabinetry guys.

I have been procrastinating for years. BUT I have actually started on my effort to build a "Sam Maloof inspired" rocking chair. Here is how I HOPE it ends up looking. All the wood is in place, a few remaining specialty tools have been ordered and wood cutting/shaping has begun.....

Very cool.
One of the local furniture builders runs a rocking chair class a couple of times a year.

What a beautiful chair. What woods are going into yours?

A day to clean out the gas grill vents and work in the kitchen sink. Putting the phone ringer on mute today because not feeling like talking to anyone. (Lost a bet with family that I couldn't live a day without picking up the phone during dinner). The punishment was working in and cleaning the kitchen sink. That's the short version of the story.

Longer version includes something about providing folks with angus beef, but not going into details.

Last edited:
Back