NGD Elly May has touched down

Fullmoon 1971

Werewolf, there wolf, there castle
Okay folks, so first confession time I really shouldn't be allowed near the internet when I'm stressed. This last 15 months have been a laugh a day:rolleyes:, my wifes death, covid and the cost of living crisis have all taken their toll on me. Through it all I've been more blessed than some in that I'm financially okay, just to give me a little extra money cushion I sold off a couple of guitars and amps - low end gear that gained me £1800 so the future was bright until tuesday. Tuesday would of been my wife & I anniversary, so what did I do - start searching the web looking what was out there and I'm so glad I did. while looking I came across adverts for two different shops here in the Uk having a blowout of SE's (Andertons & Peach guitars) so I had a look, Peach guitars had my dream guitar, one that for the last 3 years I kept looking at and then finding reason not to buy it. The original list price was £1555 and they'd reduced it first to £1200 and now they were selling them off at £799. It was a no brainer and they had it in both my wife & I favourite colour, so out came the bank card and she arrived today.

PRS SE Hollowboy II Piezo
52907266283_6c0b969ed7_o.jpg

What can I say? she's fantastic, beautiful and a dream to play. She's a 2022 model(I think) so features the normal "S" style 58/15's but thats not a deal breaker. The only thing that are up for changing are the knobs to lampshade(already done) and a custom trc. I have just spent the last 7 hours locked in tonal bliss, just me, my marshall origin 20 head thru Marshall 1965b 4x10 cab and this dream of a guitar, she was virtually perfect out of the box, just needed action lowering and strings tuning up.

She's already got a name as well. Elly May. when I was a kid I was totally besotted with Donna Douglas off the Beverley Hillbillies. we used to watch re-runs on weekend tv and my sisters used to tease me rotten because she was a adult and I wasn't even in high school.

When I took the guitar out of the case I heard my wifes voice in my head saying that she just had to be Elly May (Black Gold, Texas tea)

Last edited:
Back