'COVID-19' Projects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

While not the case for many, chances are good that you will find yourself with a little extra time over the coming weeks (or months) due to self-isolation, social distancing, or an all-out quarantine. Now is the time to finally getting around to all these little projects you've been putting off for a rainy day.

As I sit here putting the finishing touches on a new edge for one of my pocket knives (S30V steel likes to chip), I thought it might help ease the social isolation if we share our projects.

Sorry, I would have done a 'before-and-after photo' but didn't get the ides for this thread until I was done.

[​IMG]

#1 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. RallyFanatic

RallyFanatic Perpetual musical mid-life crisis

[​IMG]

Learn more Jimi, drink more beer. The fleet could use new strings and a good cleaning.

Probably take the dog for a solid hike. Lock up my toilet paper.

I’ve been wanting to paint my music room, but I don’t have that level of motivation yet.

3. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

A “Parisian edge?” :confused::D

dogrocketp, Boogie, LSchefman and 2 others like this.
  4. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

I recently heard the best explanation on why the toilet paper hoarding:

“When one person sneezes, 25 people sh*t their pants.”

5. Drew

Drew New Member

No issue filling the time here.. I might also finally pull up the plastic off my rugs too :)

[​IMG]

6. RallyFanatic

RallyFanatic Perpetual musical mid-life crisis

Lucky me - the mailman brought me a new project today! Time to gloss these up for my CE24 - looks like they may match the natural back better than ugly black plastic covers.

[​IMG]

7. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

Nope. I couldn't find a twitchy blind-man with 10-thumbs and a worn-out grinder.

dogrocketp, ScottR, Boogie and 4 others like this.
  8. pac90

pac90 In Helix Land, the waters warm

We used to cough to hide a fart, now.......

ScottR, Jazzedout, Boogie and 4 others like this.
  9. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

What must they have thought of your breath!? :eek:

#9 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  10. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

Well I thought I was going to be putting my good-weather tires on the chariot and getting it cleaned up and looking good:

[​IMG]

But it snowed overnight...!

11. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

Maybe I'll try to puzzle out the wiring on my mystery 53/10s. Look carefully at the wire colors...

[​IMG]

12. Guitpicky

Guitpicky New Member

Business as usual and whatever that is probably won’t be worth talking about :)

ScottR, Boogie and LSchefman like this.
  13. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Well, I’m already a hermit, so nothing new for me! May binge some shows. Went out to do our normal Saturday morning grocery shopping. We like to go before 6:30 to beat the crowds. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into a packed parking lot. Holy crap, the panic is real. No lettuce, no potatoes, no tomatoes, no bleach, no Lysol products. I was a little stunned to see how the beer had been practically wiped out. Lots of empty shelves. Very little TP. The couple in front of me at the checkouts had two bags of tortilla chips, 5 cases of water, and 15 bottles of wine.

14. Dirty_Boogie

Dirty_Boogie Still got the ol' tagger on it

Building pedals. Here's a Love Tone "Big Cheese" fuzz on the workbench - built the circuit, and now about to start drilling the enclosure and then wiring and assembly...

[​IMG]

15. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

Let me know when you're ready to tackle that. I may be able to assist. BTW, 4-lead 53/10's are the ones to have!

ScottR, WA Paul, Egads and 3 others like this.
  16. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

The only thing I would like, that I don't have, is a 3 month supply of is alcohol wipes. I've got quite a few but if I'm wiping down the countertops everyday, I don't think I can stretch them for a 3 month span. The rest, I'm good. I could literally not leave my land for 3 - 6 months. Prepping has a way of calming a soul. A guy can look crazy prepping until something like this happens and then it's the other guy who looks crazy... at least to me.

The irony of it is I've got to get on a plane Monday and fly to MN for my wife's operation and it's likely I'll be quarantined up there and be stuck 1000 miles from all of my preparations. But, what ya gonna do? She does have a fair amount up there, but nothing compared to my place.

dogrocketp, RickP, ScottR and 6 others like this.
  17. matonanjin

matonanjin New Member

Use a 20% bleach solution. It's even more effective and cheap. but just make sure you don't bleach some things you don't want bleached! It's what we always used in the lab.

dogrocketp, ScottR, Boogie and 6 others like this.
  18. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Open-Ears / Zippered Lips

Mebbe add some rigs/create new "recording-enabled" setlist to my HeadRush; re-record/re-master some of my Logic projects (cool, that rhymes...). In the next month or 2, outdoor vegetable gardening...

ScottR and LSchefman like this.
  19. matonanjin

matonanjin New Member

Here's a suggestion relating to this that I heard in another forum. Many of our artists we follow are having concerts and tours cancelled. And since many, probably most, are self employed they don't have any type of PTO. Many of them may also provide some sort of video lessons or SKYPE lessons on the side.

Been thinking about some lessons? Now would be a perfect time if you have time and the artist you have been thinking about probably has time. And it would financially support him or her at a time of need.

I'm scheduling some lessons.

20. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Open-Ears / Zippered Lips

That's a decent idea. Now only to find a music college grad with a major in smooth jazz and blues...

CVS and LSchefman like this.