'COVID-19' Projects

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
While not the case for many, chances are good that you will find yourself with a little extra time over the coming weeks (or months) due to self-isolation, social distancing, or an all-out quarantine. Now is the time to finally getting around to all these little projects you've been putting off for a rainy day.

As I sit here putting the finishing touches on a new edge for one of my pocket knives (S30V steel likes to chip), I thought it might help ease the social isolation if we share our projects.

Sorry, I would have done a 'before-and-after photo' but didn't get the ides for this thread until I was done.

i-RH5Ldtj-X3.jpg

Last edited:
While not the case for many, chances are good that you will find yourself with a little extra time over the coming weeks (or months) due to self-isolation, social distancing, or an all-out quarantine. Now is the time to finally getting around to all these little projects you've been putting off for a rainy day.

As I sit here putting the finishing touches on a new edge for one of my pocket knives (S30V steel likes to chip), I thought it might help ease the social isolation if we share our projects.

Sorry, I would have done a 'before-and-after photo' but didn't get the ides for this thread until I was done.

i-RH5Ldtj-X3.jpg

A “Parisian edge?” :confused::D

Well, I’m already a hermit, so nothing new for me! May binge some shows. Went out to do our normal Saturday morning grocery shopping. We like to go before 6:30 to beat the crowds. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into a packed parking lot. Holy crap, the panic is real. No lettuce, no potatoes, no tomatoes, no bleach, no Lysol products. I was a little stunned to see how the beer had been practically wiped out. Lots of empty shelves. Very little TP. The couple in front of me at the checkouts had two bags of tortilla chips, 5 cases of water, and 15 bottles of wine.

The only thing I would like, that I don't have, is a 3 month supply of is alcohol wipes. I've got quite a few but if I'm wiping down the countertops everyday, I don't think I can stretch them for a 3 month span. The rest, I'm good. I could literally not leave my land for 3 - 6 months. Prepping has a way of calming a soul. A guy can look crazy prepping until something like this happens and then it's the other guy who looks crazy... at least to me.

The irony of it is I've got to get on a plane Monday and fly to MN for my wife's operation and it's likely I'll be quarantined up there and be stuck 1000 miles from all of my preparations. But, what ya gonna do? She does have a fair amount up there, but nothing compared to my place.

The only thing I would like, that I don't have, is a 3 month supply of is alcohol wipes. I've got quite a few but if I'm wiping down the countertops everyday, I don't think I can stretch them for a 3 month span.
Use a 20% bleach solution. It's even more effective and cheap. but just make sure you don't bleach some things you don't want bleached! It's what we always used in the lab.

Mebbe add some rigs/create new "recording-enabled" setlist to my HeadRush; re-record/re-master some of my Logic projects (cool, that rhymes...). In the next month or 2, outdoor vegetable gardening...

Here's a suggestion relating to this that I heard in another forum. Many of our artists we follow are having concerts and tours cancelled. And since many, probably most, are self employed they don't have any type of PTO. Many of them may also provide some sort of video lessons or SKYPE lessons on the side.

Been thinking about some lessons? Now would be a perfect time if you have time and the artist you have been thinking about probably has time. And it would financially support him or her at a time of need.

I'm scheduling some lessons.

Back