'COVID-19' Projects

Finally got the red led strip, (vinyl) pinstriping and preamp tubes done. Next on the list is a better 2x12 cab with something other than the eminence speakers I'm using now and I think I'll be about done.
jCSoYZq.jpg

Red! I want Red, there's no substitute for Red!

Y8v5TX7.jpg

Just so much better then the blue:
i6XGqdR.jpg
So cool!
It really came out great.

Finally got the red led strip, (vinyl) pinstriping and preamp tubes done. Next on the list is a better 2x12 cab with something other than the eminence speakers I'm using now and I think I'll be about done.
jCSoYZq.jpg

Y8v5TX7.jpg

i6XGqdR.jpg

Smokin’

jCSoYZq.jpg

Y8v5TX7.jpg

i6XGqdR.jpg
B!tchin’!!

Next on the list is a better 2x12 cab with something other than the eminence speakers I'm using now and I think I'll be about done.
What’s wrong with Eminence speakers? Which ones do you have?

What’s wrong with Eminence speakers? Which ones do you have?

These are the old modeling speakers Eminence used to make for Line 6. They work for now, but they're more of a full range type I believe, and they definitely fart out when pushed hard. The cab and speakers were a throw in when I bought the head, but I'm definitely on the hunt for something a bit better.

Last edited:
These are the old modeling speakers Eminence used to make for Line 6. They work for now, but they're more of a full range type I believe, and they definitely fart out when pushed hard. The cab and speakers were a throw in when I bought the head, but I'm definitely on the hunt for something a bit better.

Check out Eminence's Red White & Blue 100W speakers. Smooth response, lotsa headroom. Even though I'm not civic-minded, these are really good speakers.

Check out Eminence's Red White & Blue 100W speakers. Smooth response, lotsa headroom. Even though I'm not civic-minded, these are really good speakers.

Have you ever heard or used their cabs? Seems like a decent price on that unloaded 2x12.

Have you ever heard or used their cabs? Seems like a decent price on that unloaded 2x12.

Yes; the the RW&B in 2 cabs: a Fuchs ported 1x12, and the Fuchs mini open back. I used to own a ODS-50 and an ODS-30 custom built from the factory several years ago. Fuchs asked which speaker I'd like put in, and after researching Eminence, the Patriot Red White & Blue 100W RMS stood out as my choice. Check the website for samples; I think you'll agree, unless you're looking for something with earlier break-up. The RW&B is smooth as a baby's behind, and has plenty of headroom...

Regards Eminence's cabs, though, have not...

Gotta say regards your TA, nice work with the spray/sand. The matte finish is perfect.

Today, dinner w/ Mom, me cooking. Citrus-Brined Seasoned Whole Roast Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Buttered Green Beans; Cherry Cheesecake for dessert.

Chicken goes into the oven in 15 minutes. Will endeavor to take a pic of the meal on the table before it's served...

EDIT: Due to unforeseen drama, no pictures were taken of our family dinner. It can be said that the dinner was delicious, we both enjoyed white and dark meat, but held back from overtly chewing the fat or getting bloody soused. Nobody died from eating, nor got too full from overdoing it.

This dinner was a preview of later this month, but won't be taking a break from work in order to enjoy family time.

Last edited:
Picked up a couple John Mann 2000NOS one-piece bridges a month or 2 back. One still in the box, the other I installed into my 94 CE. I also picked a set of flamed maple pickup rings from Guilford Guitars.
Bridge went in no problems and I think looks great. I darkened the pickup rings with some tung oil and then put on some polyurethane clear, then wet sanded and then polished to help match the guitar finish.
Swapped out the speed knobs for some lampshades.
All in all, I think it turned out pretty good.
50597890272_01e389f3c4_c.jpg

50597888052_ac58ed895d_c.jpg

Ap
Picked up a couple John Mann 2000NOS one-piece bridges a month or 2 back. One still in the box, the other I installed into my 94 CE. I also picked a set of flamed maple pickup rings from Guilford Guitars.
Bridge went in no problems and I think looks great. I darkened the pickup rings with some tung oil and then put on some polyurethane clear, then wet sanded and then polished to help match the guitar finish.

Approve!

Very nice mods. How do you like the bridge?

Very nice mods. How do you like the bridge?

I definitely like it better than the stock 2 piece.

I didnt A/B the swap, but to my ears the notes sound more defined and ring out much clearer/cleaner. It sounds a bit more full. I think the tonal range has expanded...If that makes sense....almost like I can stretch it a teeny bit further into tonal areas it wasnt capable of before.
The sustain is great and I believe that has improved slightly over the stocker.

I would recommend this change and now I know what all the hub-bub is about.
Plus John is awesome to deal with.

Now we just need to get him to do another run of the 1980 spec raw brass one-piece bridges.

Last edited:
What with Covid, and the future of bars/restaurants locally, many folks this year are turning to supporting their local waterholes by ordering take-out/delivery. Yes, just like the mailman delivers the mail, local inhabitants support their local restaurants by ordering food via phone or online.

What, you say? Someone knock on my door at 11:30 PM with a sausage mushroom pizza and 2 liters of soda pop? Unheard of!

In reality, folks, we need to realize that these battles we are fighting as we view the daily barrage of channel surfing while we await the deliveryman is a bunch of hooey. If you're smart, you'll drink some water to quell that hunger until deliveryman arrives. And please, of all things, if you're really hungry, don't take it out on your loved ones. Put it away instead. I've seen many of you do this when your "hangry" strikes. Then go put your feet up. You'll thank me later.

Back