Why is it "this" guitar?

It occurs to me that you should all send me your current favorite guitars, so that I can evaluate them for you, and if I like them, give the guitars my official stamp of approval.

This evaluation period may take some time, but having a certificate personally signed by me, Les, will make the 5 year wait totally worth it, since it will contribute significantly to the value of your guitars.

“Uh, Les, no one cares what you think. And no one’s sending you guitars.”

“Oh, certain folks care very much. But I’m not saying who, in view of my oath of confidentiality.”

“You just made that up.”

“So?”

It occurs to me that you should all send me your current favorite guitars, so that I can evaluate them for you, and if I like them, give the guitars my official stamp of approval.

This evaluation period may take some time, but having a certificate personally signed by me, Les, will make the 5 year wait totally worth it, since it will contribute significantly to the value of your guitars.

“Uh, Les, no one cares what you think. And no one’s sending you guitars.”

“Oh, certain folks care very much. But I’m not saying who, in view of my oath of confidentiality.”

“You just made that up.”

“So?”

Of course, they would then be more valuable. Did your mother never tell you that Les is more?

Don’t get me wrong. I’d LOVE to have a 594SC, an S2 Studio, a P22, etc... Unlike some here, buying guitars in that price range on a whim is not a reality.

One of the inescapable things about life is that to a greater or lesser degree, we each define our own reality. Hence, the innumerable individual variations on the human condition.

Early in adulthood I came to all kinds of sensible decisions, but I had my fingers crossed! This allows me to lead a perfectly chaotic lifestyle, and always act on whim!

“Les, you never even leave your basement.”

“That’s my whimsical lifestyle for ya! It’s my very own alternate universe!” :)

IT plays guitar?
it.jpg

My it guitar in 2018 would be this guitar that used to be Paul’s guitar that is now my guitar that is still a Paul’s Guitar.

Beside the fact that he personally selected the woods, and the lovely tone, I just love the fact that it used to be Paul’s guitar but is now my guitar yet is still a Paul’s Guitar.

Here’s to more it guitars in the coming years! Hoot!
nJHaLdR.jpg
kA3fgan.png
ahgdpEk.png

My it guitar in 2018 would be this guitar that used to be Paul’s guitar that is now my guitar that is still a Paul’s Guitar.

Beside the fact that he personally selected the woods, and the lovely tone, I just love the fact that it used to be Paul’s guitar but is now my guitar yet is still a Paul’s Guitar.

Here’s to more it guitars in the coming years! Hoot!
nJHaLdR.jpg
kA3fgan.png
ahgdpEk.png
Yeah... that would be tough to beat! Awesome!

Nothings changed for me. I still take these to gigs. Why “it?”

This SC does it all: Sounds great, tremolo, piezo, great feeling ebony neck).

I like R9s, and this one is an old friend. I’m a big fan of Custom buckers. Nice and light for a LP (8.5 lbs.).

Dude, you have some crazy beautiful guitars and I admire a man with taste. I'm a devoted Les Paul fan and that's one of the nicest looking R9s I've seen.

Those Lifton style cases are a bit weak tho aren't they? The case on my Standard was better than my Custom as far as build quality and durability :)

Normally I'm noodling away on an acoustic but the past couple months it's been mostly electric. I even built a pedal board because I got on a David Gilmore bent and I have to say it's a lot more fun with pedals. I only have 2 electrics and I'm always a/b'g them comparing tone. They're both super nice guitars and honestly both my favorite for different reasons.

594-6.jpg

LPCustom-12.jpg

Nothings changed for me. I still take these to gigs. Why “it?”

This SC does it all: Sounds great, tremolo, piezo, great feeling ebony neck).

I like R9s, and this one is an old friend. I’m a big fan of Custom buckers. Nice and light for a LP (8.5 lbs.).

You better lock up that beautiful PRS guitar when you take a break!

Right now, the answer is "none". I am putting together some loops to play over (yesterday Herbie Hancock Cantaloupe Island), so I just grab the appropriate guitar required to do the song / loop some justice, given my mediocre talent.

Once I am done making some new loops, then a clear favorite will reemerge, which will then change about every 2 weeks.

Back