PRS: Why is the price point so high to get a hard case included with the guitar?

fjwIG6w.png

Is Pecan wood cheaper (I doubt it)? Lighter-weight?

This conversation is getting silly.

Here's the simple fact:

The hard case that comes with the Core and PS is NOT coming to you free! Get that idea out of your head.

Core and PS customers are OF COURSE buying the hard case, it's simply factored into what PRS charges for the package, which is a LOT more.

The guitars PRS makes that come with gig bags are made to a price point. To meet that price point, certain costs HAVE to be cut.

Would you rather have them cut the quality of the guitar below what it is, and include the hard case, or would you rather pay for better quality in the guitar and get a gig bag included with it?

I believe that most customers would rather have the money put into the guitar, not the accessories.

So. Either don't buy the damn guitar, and buy something else, or buy one and add the cost of a f#cking hard case if you must have one.

Deal with it.

I've always felt that PRS should have stuck with their Core and PS models and sold to the doctors, dentists, entrepreneurs and lawyers who understand how business works! [kidding, of course...kinda] ;)
Well Said Les! :) And so true……

I am totally a hardcase person. A gig bag will get my guitar killed in my gigging environment. But hey...I gig all my PRS guitars and they stay mint...what do I know. The case isn't heavy compared to carrying around a real amp. So I love me some hardcases.

However PRS not providing one....well... IDk...I never cared really. If I didn't get a hard case I just went and found one cheap.

My CE 24 came with a gig bag...found this cool roadrunner case at GC for cheap it was on clearance at the time! Whadda ya know...it matches the guitar! Gray tweed and silver inside! I'm a happy camper!
4XGktDq.jpg

I am totally a hardcase person. A gig bag will get my guitar killed in my gigging environment. But hey...I gig all my PRS guitars and they stay mint...what do I know. The case isn't heavy compared to carrying around a real amp. So I love me some hardcases.

However PRS not providing one....well... IDk...I never cared really. If I didn't get a hard case I just went and found one cheap.

My CE 24 came with a gig bag...found this cool roadrunner case at GC for cheap it was on clearance at the time! Whadda ya know...it matches the guitar! Gray tweed and silver inside! I'm a happy camper!
4XGktDq.jpg
F me that's a beautiful guitar!

I haven't liked some of the stuff PRS has done in the last decade or so, so I've been out of the loop. I never knew they offered a CE Floyd. Do they still? What year is that? Is nice!

F me that's a beautiful guitar!

I haven't liked some of the stuff PRS has done in the last decade or so, so I've been out of the loop. I never knew they offered a CE Floyd. Do they still? What year is that? Is nice!
It's a 2017 model. PRS offers the Dustie Waring CE floyd now. Its different than this model though. The neck on this feels so good and I think feels different than the non-floyd models. It may not be...but I feel like it is. It still comes with the 85/15 pickups though! The guitar rocks!

It's a 2017 model. PRS offers the Dustie Waring CE floyd now. Its different than this model though. The neck on this feels so good and I think feels different than the non-floyd models. It may not be...but I feel like it is. It still comes with the 85/15 pickups though! The guitar rocks!
Thanks for the info. Yours seems great. I've since done some research and I'm not interested in the DW because of the control setup and layout along with the maple FB. Your CE looks badass!

I was changing Mann bridges on PRS guitars before they ever wanted to.

Here's my '02 custom 24 that I personally modded for a Kahler so I could get more slack/deep dive sound.

Edit: posting pictures here is a joke. This forum is as backwards picture wise as PRS is when it comes to providing hardshell cases for their top tier guitars.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Yours seems great. I've since done some research and I'm not interested in the DW because of the control setup and layout along with the maple FB. Your CE looks badass!

I was changing Mann bridges on PRS guitars before they ever wanted to.

Here's my '02 custom 24 that I personally modded for a Kahler so I could get more slack/deep dive sound.

Edit: posting pictures here is a joke. This forum is as backwards picture wise as PRS is when it comes to providing hardshell cases for their top tier guitars.

Yea I didn't get along with the DW as well the feel of the guitar put me off. Personal preference there i'm sure there are some that love it.

When it comes to the pictures....the confusion comes from the posting usually. "Copy image address" has to be clicked and that gets pasted into the image icon field. That got me for a while too.

I got lucky in that I ordered an s2 mccarty 594 thinline and got both a hard case and a soft backpack-style softcase. whiiiiiich is preferable for me because I live in the city and I bike everywhere, especially when I'm going out to play. so the soft case will get used constantly but the hard case, nice as it is, goes in the closet forevermore probably

Yea I didn't get along with the DW as well the feel of the guitar put me off. Personal preference there i'm sure there are some that love it.

When it comes to the pictures....the confusion comes from the posting usually. "Copy image address" has to be clicked and that gets pasted into the image icon field. That got me for a while too.

Should just be able to post pictures directly from my device IMO. Oh well.

Just scoped out the DW. Not big on maple boards. Thanks again for the info.

Great looking guitar @EdShed. Enjoy!

4XGktDq.jpg

I just keep coming back to this. I mean I was like surfing on cnn.com and thought, remember that silver guitar/case combo? that was sweet.
I'd be inventing excuses to open up this guitar in this case for house guests annoyingly consistently. like I'd keep my wallet in there so I'd have to uncase in front of everyone before we went to the bar. "oh here it is! oh yeah check it out"

In the case of the SE Hollowbodies, I think a case is included due to the odd shape. No other case works for it.

Back