What will happen to the Santana model?

What happens if Carlos keeps playing the SC? Will PRS make that the new Santana model in the future?

What if (god forbid) something happens to Carlos? Does PRS have everything in place to keep calling it that in perpetuity?

Will they just call it a West Street? Should they start implementing a plan whereby they start making guitars with the same design but with different features?

Is it possible I could run out of Santana’s, WSLs, and KL33’s in the near future? And should I start hoarding them now?

This is the sort of thing that keeps me awake in the afternoons.

What are your thoughts on the DC22 model? Santana body shape, 22 frets, stoptail bridge.

What happens if Carlos keeps playing the SC? Will PRS make that the new Santana model in the future?

What if (god forbid) something happens to Carlos? Does PRS have everything in place to keep calling it that in perpetuity?

Will they just call it a West Street? Should they start implementing a plan whereby they start making guitars with the same design but with different features?

Is it possible I could run out of Santana’s, WSLs, and KL33’s in the near future? And should I start hoarding them now?

Good questions. It doesn’t seem to me that many Santana core models are selling. I see a lot of SE models out there but been in a lot of stores and never saw a core model
Not many used available either. Bummer
Also What’s with the SE models coming in only 1 color.
It feels like eventually the low sales numbers might be a problem.
Ps. I LOVE the Santana Shape

What if we all buy SE Santana’s and turn them into our own “what would Sergio do?” signature models??? :eek:

I think that’d be a fine idea, although there’s nothing like a Core Santana or West Street.

They can’t get rid of the Santana model unless there’s some weird legal thing when Carlos goes to heaven.... damn don’t keep me from sleeping! I was late to the Santana guitar thing. I always thought controls were in a weird place, bought a west st. after giving it a try.... now I love the placement of the controls! Look at me now Santana 1, Westy, Santana Retro

I know! Once you get the hunger it’s impossible to turn off.

Singlecut Trem 24 fretters are the future! :)

Maybe, I haven’t gotten my mitts on one yet though.

The Westie. We already have the name with or without Carlos.

Yes! I think they should start making them again just to be safe.

Only respect.
You can play doctor with whomever you like.

Hahahaha!!!

That sound was pretty common in and around bathrooms in the 80’s.

You’re on fire!

With a Floyd!

Oh no!!!!!

You are the Santana Whisperer. You will know instinctively what to do as these things occur. Be One with the guitar...

Nananana.... Nananana....

It will only come in a new finish ('candy cane flake'), be sold exclusively in USA/Canada/Mexico, and renamed the "Santa NA" model.

I get visions of me in the middle of a Black Friday horde ripping them from the arms of crying toddlers.

What are your thoughts on the DC22 model? Santana body shape, 22 frets, stoptail bridge.

I still haven’t played one of those yet. I think I’m coming around to the realization that I gotta have a Trem though, I feel naked without one.

Good questions. It doesn’t seem to me that many Santana core models are selling. I see a lot of SE models out there but been in a lot of stores and never saw a core model
Not many used available either. Bummer
Also What’s with the SE models coming in only 1 color.
It feels like eventually the low sales numbers might be a problem.
Ps. I LOVE the Santana Shape

I’d be curious to hear how popular they are or how many they’ve made. I used to assume they weren’t all that big of a seller because of their expense, but they’ve been coming down in price lately.

In fact, the Core/Retro Santana actually seems like an absolute bargain right now comparatively speaking. I’m seeing them new listed at prices inline with some of the other slightly more upscale core models.

100% Agree, I just thought it might be fun exercise for the imagination. All the Westie's I am watching right now have shot up in price. :/

I like my SE Santana alright, I think it’s really just the neck carve I’m ambivalent about.

I’d like to think (because I now have two of ‘em) that the market is stabilizing on them. There was a period of time that a few were selling/listed at ridiculously low prices!

I would say one thing the Santana model needs is 408 style coil tap switches! Either that or the crude single push/pull to tap both p'ups at once.
Prefer the two micro switches, though. Then again, I believe EVERY dual humbucker guitar screams for a 3 way switch and two micro coil
tap switches. hehehe....

TBH, I’ve never gotten along with a Floyd - definitely user error! :)

Nah, not user error those things are awful and unnecessary IMO.

Upping the sassiness is part of my strategy to get back into the top 10 in forum member likes.
(Look out Mr. Boogie....)

Looking at them, 11Top has an impressive amount of likes vs. posts. Sassiness May improve your standing but, more pics of your incredible pile of guitars might actually be the secret.

I would say one thing the Santana model needs is 408 style coil tap switches! Either that or the crude single push/pull to tap both p'ups at once.
Prefer the two micro switches, though. Then again, I believe EVERY dual humbucker guitar screams for a 3 way switch and two micro coil
tap switches. hehehe....

Yes! I’ve been contemplating adding a rotary to one of mine (and a pup swap) to see what that’d be like.

What if (god forbid) something happens to Carlos?

Will they just call it a West Street?

“The clouds are dissipating. I’m beginning to see an image. I see all Santanas will be renamed ‘the Beatles model’ and will only come in blue!”

Back