What will happen to the Santana model?

“The clouds are dissipating. I’m beginning to see an image. I see all Santanas will be renamed ‘the Beatles model’ and will only come in blue!”

Poor Sergio, first the “Kill Pot” thread and now this. He’s not here for your amusement (solely!) ;)

Yeah...I’ve been really slipping on posting guitar pics with work and school so busy...expect that to pick up after graduation in May.
I have noticed the strong association between posting sexy guitar pics and a member’s Likes/Post ratio. Hunter’s L/P ratio, for example is just over 6....AMAZING!
Among mere mortal “members” the highest L/P ratios are right around 1.9... (11Top, WA Paul, and myself)

I’m purposely posting unloveable comments from now on!

“Hey whaddya mean from now on?!”

Poor Sergio, first the “Kill Pot” thread and now this. He’s not here for your amusement (solely!) ;)

I’m purposely posting unloveable comments from now on!

“Hey whaddya mean from now on?!”

And we will start liking them for spite...wait a minute...is this your real strategy?...reverse psychology?...brilliant!

Last edited:
Yeah, I need to take some more pics too, but I completely understand how difficult it can be.

Hunter’s is impressive, and well deserved even though I feel Shawn deserves at least a couple thousand “assist” likes for starting PSF.

Approaching a 2:1 ratio is incredible, WA Paul’s is even more so considering he’s relatively newer-ish. You and Phennrock on the other hand would probably have even more considering the whole “like” thing wasn’t implemented for a few years at the beginning.

I assume it’s from your high testosterone levels. “Sassy” and “big boy” while not mutually exclusive, don’t usually go together.

There’s a PS with those specs at CME, I breathed on it.

Are you not worried because you’ve already bought one?

I look forward to your Incoming thread.
Pictures of awesome guitars definitely help the like count - this thread needs this picture for instance :D

5_EA6_AC5_B-_DB6_E-4865-_AAB2-3_AD1_C2_C916_FA.jpg

I haven’t seen a Santana in the wild to try. I’m sure I’d like it because I love fatter PRS necks, 10-12” radius and 24.5” scale lengths. I am missing a 24 fretter right now...but I’m in sell mode due to job loss + chronic illness.

Guitar Rez (where I bought Miss Pernie) has a gently used Santana PS Retro in Tiger Eye that looks great for a nice price - someone should call Jim and pick it up!

This thread has caused Santanas to show up daily in my news feeds. Clearly the universe is worried that Sergio might be right and I should stock up while I can. At least I can play this tonight, so I won’t be totally left wanting.
CK_845Top.jpeg

If you bring this to Santana Fest, don't turn your back! :D

This thread has caused Santanas to show up daily in my news feeds. Clearly the universe is worried that Sergio might be right and I should stock up while I can. At least I can play this tonight, so I won’t be totally left wanting.
CK_845Top.jpeg
I like that sapwood on the cocobolo neck as much as I like the wild figure in the top!

Dealer pic, but have to add my +1 for Santanas.
I got worried when the Retros and private stocks started with non-Santana pups. Love those pups. And the neck. and the short scale. And the headstock.

j5ghry5nz0lurypxl3h5.jpg

Pictures of awesome guitars definitely help the like count - this thread needs this picture for instance :D

5_EA6_AC5_B-_DB6_E-4865-_AAB2-3_AD1_C2_C916_FA.jpg

I haven’t seen a Santana in the wild to try. I’m sure I’d like it because I love fatter PRS necks, 10-12” radius and 24.5” scale lengths. I am missing a 24 fretter right now...but I’m in sell mode due to job loss + chronic illness.

Guitar Rez (where I bought Miss Pernie) has a gently used Santana PS Retro in Tiger Eye that looks great for a nice price - someone should call Jim and pick it up!

Gorgeous!!

CK_845Top.jpeg
WOW! That top is unreal! Stunning! And with a stoptail bridge!!!

Back